• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Doherty is described as a white male who is 5 feet 10 inches tall with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt with a Nike symbol, black pants and sneakers.

Police said they found an article of clothing, possibly belonging to Doherty, near the marsh. A section of Oak Street was shut down Sunday as crews began to search the water around Mine Brook.

Doherty is a graduate of Xaverian High School and is now a student at Duke
The dead marshes
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/franklin-police-resume-search-for-missing-20-year-old-man/522710610

xcku9e.jpg

High School Graduation picture

1nydro.jpg

Franklin Police say parts of Mine Brook are 4-5 feet deep with very muddy bottom. Focus of search for missing college student.

He looks about 12 in his grad picture! He only had a mile away to travel from the party to his own home. It seems he may have accidentally walked into a swampy area on his way home, and maybe he struggled to stay afloat by taking off articles of his clothing and chunking them? How very sad for his family.

A friend told the Milford Daily News that Doherty declined offers for a ride, and that it was raining when he left the gathering of 20-30 college students who were celebrating being home for the summer.

[...]

The search expanded to a muddy brook. Police said they are focusing on a “wooded, marshy area that they believe Doherty may have traveled through to reach his home more quickly,” reports the Milford newspaper.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/05/micha...-mike-franklin-massachusetts-photos-facebook/

How freakin' odd. How did he go from coherently leaving a party and planning on walking the short distance to his home, to taking off his clothes and shoes and going swimming in a muddy swamp?

Police find clothes, shoes, as search for missing 20 year old enters third day
Friends told WCVB that Doherty was coherent when he left the gathering on foot. Police also told WCVB that no foul play is suspected in this case.

Police are urging residents to check outside their homes for Doherty, especially near any sheds or detached buildings on their property.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/police_find_clothes_shoes_as_s.html

Hypothermia

Maybe, but the temp wasn't below freezing that night and he had maybe a 30 minute walk home, at the most. His house was just a mile away. Taking your clothes off is late stage hypothermia.

Edit to add: Unless he fell in the water, somehow clambered out, became disoriented and wandered around lost for a while. I read his shoes were found separated and a good distance apart. No doubt he will unfortunately be found in the water.

Last edited:
I bet his parents are insane right now. I pray he s found safe... But it looks like that won't be the case.
Young+ drunk = you think you're invincible enough to walk through a swamp... At night. Damn

I knew this was going to be how it ended, but I'm still super sad. :(

Damn, I know, me too. A young man with a very bright future ahead of him, studying to be a mechanical engineer at Duke Universty. A mile, he only had a mile to travel. He even refused a ride home a friend offered him. It just shows how fragile life really is, and how one seemingly innocent decision can end up killing you.

It looks like you were right @Sue sue, it sure sounds like he suffered from the effects of hypothermia. I read it was raining that night, too.

It says his body was found in a wooded area near the interstate.

"when he decided to stay late and did not receive a response from his brothers, who were sleeping, he decided to walk home"
OMFG, this is gonna stay with them forever. Poor kid, may he RIP. And I hope his family gets all the counseling they're gonna need!

Latest posts

Back