• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Perry, Iowa Police said Sabrina Ray lived with her adoptive parents, Misty and Marc Ray. The couple ran a state-licensed daycare out of their home, reports KCCI.

The Rays were out of the state when their daughter died,

Officers received a 911 call from the home, repots the Des Monies register. When they arrived, they found two girls, 10 and 12, in the room with Sabrina's body. The two other girls were also adopted by the Rays.
An autopsy of the 16-year-old's body showed severe malnutrition.

There were at least two complaints lodge against the daycare, allegedly inadequate nutrition and corporal punishments. The Des Moines Register reports that state workers found no evidence of abuse.

One parent whose child used to attend the daycare said she had no idea that Sabrina was being abused.

"I am mad at myself. I am angry,” she said. “I’ve replayed it in my head, ‘Did I miss something? Did I not catch something?'" said Amanda Howard.

Others said they thought Sabrina was about 8 years old, due to her size and stature.

The Rays also were foster parents; one of the former foster children, Marco Mendez, told KCCI-TV that the Rays terrorized Sabrina.

“She was really sweet,” Mendez said.“Sabrina was the main one who got beat the most.”

He said the girl would eat out of the trash she was so hungry. The other two girls, who are now under doctor's care, would hide food in their clothing to eat later, he said.
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/16-...ead-weighing-56-lbs-parents-charged/525239422

I really think that foster or adopted children shouldn't be allowed to be home schooled unless they have backing from the medical community verifying that the child can't fit into a regular school system.

Most of these starvation/abuse cases would have been caught in time had they attended regular schools. The parents of children in the day care didn't think anything was amiss because they all thought she was 8-9. A school on the other hand would have known she was 16 and was being starved. I also think they should be forced to have physical check ups at the doctors every 1-2 months. People who earnestly want the children won't mind the extra hoops they need to go through and it would go a long way towards making sure children who have already been abandoned aren't forgotten and lost in the system.

If DCF and other such agencies are so over whelmed then they should start putting things in place so that it's possible for other members of society to pick up some of the slack. Mandated reporters can't report anything if they've never seen the child. Start making these children available to people who work in mandated reporting fields.

Sabrina's biological father and his parents (?) that lost custody/rights 6 years ago, due to abuse, gave their obligatory heartbroken (probably pre-gofundme) interview to KCCI. I read it this morning. I'll try to find the link.
[doublepost=1495644762,1495643910][/doublepost]Of course, now I can't find the interview. Here's a snippet from whotv, though.

"...Ray's biological parents--father Joseph Busch and stepmother Karena Busch--lived right around the corner from where the teen died..."

Apparently they duct taped her little mouth shut for days.

She's been starving her whole life. So many of these babies greatest gift is the peace that comes with death.

And food wasn't the only thing the tortured Sabrina was starving for during her 16 years of heinous abuse and abject cruelty. Sickened, saddened and seething here.

Vigil for Sabrina Ray in Perry

Last edited:
The couple reportedly was on a trip to Disney World with one of their sons when Sabrina died, authorities have said.

Two other adopted daughters in the home were hospitalized and another son was removed after authorities responded to their Perry house and daycare on May 12.

There's your answer right there, they left the adopted children at home and took their own son to Disney World. They only wanted the money these kids could bring in thru stipends and/or Disability payments, not the children and definitely not their problems.

The system for foster and adopted children is seriously broken. There needs to be more follow up and interviews outside the home with the children. Physical exams should be required. Psychological exams also. The states are paying all these foster parents and adoption parents hefty stipends every month. Many earn the money by neglecting, starving, torturing, maiming and eventually killing these children. If they are receiving funds...why are there no checks and balances in place to ensure they are providing adequate supports for the children and ensuring their needs are being met. So very sad to read these stories over and over again. My heart hurts for Sabrina.

The system for foster and adopted children is seriously broken. There needs to be more follow up and interviews outside the home with the children. Physical exams should be required. Psychological exams also. The states are paying all these foster parents and adoption parents hefty stipends every month. Many earn the money by neglecting, starving, torturing, maiming and eventually killing these children. If they are receiving funds...why are there no checks and balances in place to ensure they are providing adequate supports for the children and ensuring their needs are being met. So very sad to read these stories over and over again. My heart hurts for Sabrina.
Mine hurts for her siblings.

There's your answer right there, they left the adopted children at home and took their own son to Disney World. They only wanted the money these kids could bring in thru stipends and/or Disability payments, not the children and definitely not their problems.
I took that part of the article a bit different. I have no doubt they only adopted for the money but they did leave one of their own sons at home too. The part that really stood out to me was they left the same day she died. My thoughts were that she died or was really near death, they quickly decided to take a trip, grabbed the favorite kid to use as an excuse and left the others behind as scapegoats. We weren't home, but they were! Must have been the other kids fault.

http://www.kcci.com/article/dps-to-announce-another-arrest-in-death-of-sabrina-ray/9955950

Justin Dale Ray, 21, Josie Bousman, 20, and Carla Raye Bousman, 62, are all charged in the case.

Justin Ray is charged with two felony counts of willful injury and two felony counts of child endangerment. Court documents indicate he lives in the home where Sabrina Ray was found dead and is the adoptive brother of Sabrina.

Court documents indicate he “drop-kicked” Sabrina down the basement staircase, causing her to land on the basement floor.

According to court documents, Sabrina suffered serious injury and was unable to walk, talk, eat or drink following that act. The incident happened sometime between March 1 and May 12.

Last edited:
@Subrosa
Instead of that wrench can we please have the crying face.
:arghh:
Or sad face
:(
We really need something like that.
The wrench is an awkward icon and i really dont see it getting much use.

I mostly use it sarcastically. I'd also like to have a sad/crying reaction button.

I found a picture of Miss Sabrina somewhere. She looked, literally, like a skeleton wrapped in skin.

--Al

I found a picture of Miss Sabrina somewhere. She looked, literally, like a skeleton wrapped in skin.

--Al

Thanks for posting it. Oh wait, you fucking didnt for some dumbass reason. WHy post at all?

Iowa fucking blows.

"This whole rotten family deserves the death penalty. They murdered this poor helpless girl! How could any person be so evil? Someone had to be aware of this horrible torture! If they did not report it they should go to prison also!" one Mad World News reader commented on the site's Facebook page.

"Someone knew and didn't say anything!! They had a day care so someone saw something! Where was the village this little girl needed? These people deserve to die a slow horrible death!!" another added.

http://www.americanow.com/story/crime/2017/06/02/teen-dies-weighing-56-pounds-parents-arrested?fb=bt

No truer words have ever been written

poster-80-1495595800.jpg

http://www.kcci.com/article/tonight...peaks-out-in-their-first-tv-interview/9918616
[doublepost=1507167630,1501700696][/doublepost]Misty and Marc Ray, the parents of 16-year-old Sabrina Ray are facing first-degree murder charges after the Perry teen starved to death, according to court records.

Additionally, Marc Ray was charged with two counts of sexual abuse — third degree, according to court records. The abuse allegedly occurred in January 2009 and December 2016.

The parents are also charged with three counts of first-degree kidnapping.

Misty Ray, 40, and her husband, Marc Ray, 41, took in Sabrina as a foster child in 2011 and adopted her in 2013. They are charged in her death and face multiple felonies after the malnourished 16-year-old was found unresponsive May 12 at their home in Perry, according to Perry police.

On the evening Sabrina was found dead at home, Josie Bousman, 20, Sabrina's cousin, was in charge of Sabrina and two other children. Before calling the police, she called her grandmother, Carla Bousman, 62, of Perry, to help her revive Sabrina, according to court documents.

When they realized she had died, they called her parents, Misty and Marc. Emergency dispatchers were called 10 minutes later, according to the documents.

At the time of the call, Misty and Marc were in Nashville, Tennessee, along with their son, Justin Ray.

Justin Ray, 21, has been charged with two counts of child endangerment and two counts of willful injury after "drop-kicking" Sabrina down a basement staircase sometime between April 15 and May 1, police have said.

Sabrina's adoptive grandmother, Carla Bousman, was charged with first-degree kidnapping, child endangerment causing death and obstructing prosecution or defense for allegedly altering evidence at the crime scene and providing false evidence.

Josie Bousman has been charged after she allegedly admitted she helped injure Sabrina, helped keep her confined and denied her food and water, according to the complaint.

Marc and Misty Ray also operated a daycare outside of their home. Parents who brought their kids to the daycare said Sabrina Ray was so small, they believed she was only 8. At the time of her death, she weighed 56 pounds, according to an autopsy report.

A trial won't likely happen until 2018, due to the extensive amount of evidence in the case.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ee-murder-dad-charged-sexual-abuse/733577001/
636313167436084023-170525-RayBondHearing-636.JPG

The adoptive brother of a 16-year-old girl who was tortured and then died of malnutrition in her family home, has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.

The tragic teenager was found in the Iowa home she shared with her adoptive parents, who have also been charged.

She weighed just 56 pounds (25 kilograms) - the average weight of a seven-year-old girl.

Her brother, Justin Dale Ray, 22, faces two counts of child endangerment and two counts of willful injury.

Police had previously revealed Ray 'drop-kicked' Sabrina down their basement stairs and she was tortured and held captive by other family members before her death.

The injuries caused by Ray causing Sabrina serious injury that prevented her from walking, talking or eating or drinking normally afterward.

He is also accused of kicking Sabrina in the chin causing a bleeding cut and bruising, says the Des Moines Register.

Court records say a hearing is scheduled Friday for 22-year-old Ray. The records don't outline the deal or how he'll plead.

Ray previously pleaded not guilty to two counts of child endangerment and two of willful injury.

A cousin who lived with the family in Perry, 20-year-old Josie Raye Bousman, is charged with child endangerment resulting in death and three counts of first-degree kidnapping after she allegedly admitted to injuring Sabrina and denying her food and water, reported the station KCCI8.

The teen's grandmother, 62-year-old Carla Bousman, faces several charges, including including aiding and abetting kidnapping, child abuse resulting in death and obstruction for allegedly altering evidence at the crime scene and providing false evidence.

The girl's adoptive parents, Marc and Misty Ray, were away on a trip to Disney World with one of their sons when the 911 call was placed, but arrived around the same time as the first responders.

Both parents were arrested and each charged with child endangerment resulting in death and 10 other child endangerment, negligence and kidnapping counts.

The Rays also ran an in-home child care, and police are investigating whether any abuse occurred with those children, officials said.

Three other children were removed from the home, including two girls - ages 10 and 12 - who were also adopted and are now under a doctor's care, according to police.

Sabrina was placed in Misty and Marc Ray's home in 2011 after her biological father, a recovering methamphetamine addict and alcoholic named Joseph Busch and his wife, Karena, pleaded guilty to child endangerment.

The Rays initially took in Sabrina as a foster child and formally adopted her in 2013.

Sabrina also had an older half-sister, who is now aged 27, and four younger brothers, who went to live with relatives or other foster families.

Her birth mother, Vicki Hollander, who for a time lived with a registered sex offender and was investigated for child abuse, has died of cancer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rother-taking-plea-deal-Iowa-girls-death.html

Bloated bags of filth and diseased minds.
Lock them up and starve them to death.
Let that be the rallying cry for justice.

So many sick fucks abused this girl. It was like every single person that she encountered was a horrible abusive piece of shit. RIP, you’re finally free, Sabrina.
[doublepost=1518720011,1518719926][/doublepost]Also, totally agree a mandatory reporter needs to lay eyes on foster kids regularly for years to protect them from this situation where being “homeschooled” keeps the abuse hidden.

A grandmother has been jailed for 20 years for her role in the harrowing, multi family-member abuse of her 16-year-old adopted granddaughter which led to her death.

Sabrina Ray died in May 2017 at her home in Perry, Iowa. She weighed just 56lbs when she died despite being 16-years-old.

Sabrina's adoptive parents Marc and Misty had starved her egregiously and her brother had beaten her.

On the day of her death, she was at her grandmother Carla Bousman's home with two other adopted girls.

Marc and Misty were on their way to Florida for a two-week vacation to Disney World for one of their biological sons birthdays.

Despite seeing Sabrina vomit and soil herself on the morning of May 12, Carla, 63, locked her in a room with the two other girls and did not seek medical help.

The teenager died later that day as a cause of malnutrition caused by deprivation of food.

On Friday, Bousman wept as she was jailed for 20 years for neglect. She pleaded guilty earlier this year.

'I wish I could go back to that day and change everything and do what I know was the proper thing to do.

'I can’t change what was done now, but I’m very sorry and miss all my grandchildren very much,' Bousman said, according to The Des Moines Register.

Prosecutors said that while she did not starve and beat the girl herself, her lack of action on the day of Sabrina's death led to it.

She was described as the teenager's 'last hope' of survival.

'But for her neglect, Sabrina may have survived,' Assistant Dallas County Attorney Stacy Ritchie.

During her court appearances, Bousman described the teenager's condition in her final day.

'She had woke up vomiting and had soiled herself and her clothes and I just thought that she wasn’t feeling well and I gave her a shower and cleaned her all up,' she said.

Marc and Misty are awaiting trial on murder charges.

Sabrina's brother Justin Dale Ray, 22, has been jailed for 10 years for abusing her.

A court previously heard how he 'drop kicked' her down the stairs in the days leading up to her death.

Sabrina had gone to live with the family in 2011 after being taken into the care of authorities away from her methamphetamine-addict father.

Her mother, who at one time lived with a sex offender, died of cancer beforehand.

The Bousmans first took her in as a foster child but adopted her in 2013. She was homeschooled.

Three other children were removed from the home after Sabrina's death.

Josie Bousman, one of Misty and Marc's nieces, was also charged with lying to police to cover up how she was abused.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iled-20-years-death-abused-granddaughter.html
4AE8BE5300000578-5588941-image-a-10_1523104890849.jpg

Starved her egregiously?! How else does one deliberately starve somebody, if not egregiously?

Take the thesaurus away from your reporters, Daily Fail. Teach them to write, not merely in English, but in literate English.

Do it.

--Al
What else would one expect. “repots”?

Complaints “lodge” (past tense) against the family?

I’ve given up on thinking dailymail is employing any sort of editor.

Back