• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
BREAKING NEWS

Reports of an Explosion in Manchester
U.K. police said a number of people are dead and injured following the incident at Manchester Arena.

Here’s what we know:

—Greater Manchester Police said “there are a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured” following reports of explosions at the Manchester Arena.

—The venue was the scene of an Ariana Grande concert.

—There’s no word yet on what caused the incident.

https://www.theatlantic.com/liveblogs/2017/05/manchester-explosion/527706/

BREAKING NEWS: Several people killed and many injured after two explosions in Manchester Arena at the end of Ariana Grande gig as bloodied teenage concert-goers flee to their waiting parents

• Several people killed after explosions rang out at the end of an Ariana Grande gig in Manchester Arena
  • Video footage showed people fleeing in tears from the venue after there were bangs when concert finished
  • Bloodied concertgoers were pictured being helped by emergency services outside the gig

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4531940/Emergency-services-rush-Manchester-Arena.html#ixzz4hqzkL5yo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:
Oh a bad technical mistake could cause something this bad. It's happened before and sadly it'll happen again.

Not sure how they'd know it was a suicide bomber this early. But I'd believe the whole crushed to death by people thing. Happens often in cases like this.

Summer is almost here ... People are going out more and they will make easy targets.

There is more of this coming down the tubes and around the corner.

Its weird how we will call this a terrorist attack ... but the terrorists will simply call it war.

Tragic this has been ignored for so long ... these people are going to hurt us.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new.../explosion_ariana_grande_concert_england.html
tnesses reported hearing two loud bangs coming from near the arena's bars at about 10:35 p.m. but there were few further details.

"A huge bomb-like bang went off that hugely panicked everyone and we were all trying to flee the arena," concertgoer Majid Khan, 22, told Britain's Press Association. "It was one bang and essentially everyone from the other side of the arena where the bang was heard from suddenly came running towards us as they were trying to exit."

Added Oliver Jones, 17: "The bang echoed around the foyer of the arena and people started to run."

Video from inside the arena showed concertgoers screaming as they made their way out amid a sea of pink balloons.

British Prime Minister Theresa May said the government is working to establish "the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack."

She said her thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected. The government is expected to call an emergency Cabinet meeting.

If the incident is confirmed as a terrorist attack it would be the most deadly in Britain since the London subway bombings in 2005.

Police advised the public to avoid the area around the Manchester Arena, and the train station near the arena, Victoria Station, was evacuated and all trains canceled.

Joseph Carozza, a representative from Grande's U.S. record label, said the singer is OK and they are investigating what happened.

The Dangerous Woman Tour is the third concert tour by Grande and supports her third studio album, "Dangerous Woman."

Grande's role as Cat Valentine on Nickelodeon's high school sitcom "Victorious" propelled her to teen idol status, starting in 2010.

This is terrible, no words. One minute you're having the time of your life at a concert, the next minute you're blown to bits.

The wounded are being treated at six different hospitals, Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said in a press conference. "We're doing all that we can ... as we gather information about what happened," he said, asking people to remain vigilant.

The explosion happened inside of the arena’s foyer area after the concert finished, according to witnesses, who reported hearing a loud bang as they exited the arena.

[...]

Andy Holey, an eyewitness, told the BBC that he was waiting outside the concert and was blown over by the force of what he described as an "explosion." When he awoke, he said he saw many casualties around him. He added that it was unclear if they were injured or dead.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...s-incident-manchester-arena/story?id=47569092

22 dead now. The 59 wounded only include people transported by ambulance. They treated more "walking wounded".
Twenty-two people, including children, have been killed and 59 injured

[..]

Greater Manchester Police said the lone male attacker, who died in the blast, was carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40010124

ETA: Apparently the government is calling off election campaigns until they find out more.

Last edited:
Twenty-two people, including children, have been killed and 59 injured

Motherfucking fucking fuckers! They (or he, if he was an (indoctrinated lone wolf terrorist) knew young people and children would be at an Ariana Grande concert. This was for maximum "fuck you" effect.

Last edited:
They've made an arrest of a man in connection with the explosion (Sorry, the link just leads to live videos on CNN)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/europe/live-blog-manchester-arena/index.html

Police arrest 23-year-old man
Greater Manchester Police confirmed in a tweet that they have arrested a 23-year-old man in connection with Monday night's attack.

The Police also confirmed that a man had been arrested at the Arndale Centre, a shopping mall in the city center, though this is not "currently believed to be connected to last night's attacks."

It's a bit heart warming to see how people reacted to the tragedy. Because there was so many teens there alone or separated from parents, people took them into their houses and worked towards reuniting them with their families. Posting phone numbers across facebook and twitter of where they could find their kids. Others opened their homes for anyone stranded to stay the night.

(or he, if he was a lone wolf terrorist)

I don't want to say there is no such thing as a lone wolf terrorist, all of these people that carry out these attacks are part of a bigger organisation that spans every corner of the globe. They are active in the Middle East, Europe and the West. Arron Driver (Canadian) was considered a lone wolf but he was also heavily involved in the Mosque ... he was indoctrinated there.

An attack like this could happen anywhere, but right now I feel like America is safe, and only because if there is an attack like this one in America, Trumps response to it will likely be extreme and I think the terrorist kind of know it too.

well, my first assumption was way wrong along with the thought of the people that had twittered it [before they saw wounded] the problem with concerts is so many people self included are use to seeing mega pyro works/explosions that we take it for granted we could actually be being attacked. This is infuriating and nw they are talking of someone unverified opening a twitter account right before it happened with the daesh flag and a reference to manchester. They deserved to be boiled in oil. The UK had allowed individual back in the country that fought for daesh [isil] that should have been executed at the border instead now for a while. This jerk off was born in the uk but the thing is the bomb was way sophisticated so unless he was an expert bombmaker he had more than a little help

Last edited:
th
Saffie Rose Roussos, 8 years old

Second Manchester bomb victim named as eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos

A “beautiful little girl” has been named as a victim of the suspected suicide attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester which has left at least 22 people dead and 59 injured.

Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos was at the concert with her mother, Lisa, and sister Ashlee Bromwich. It is understood they are being treated in hospital.

Chris Upton, the headteacher at Tarleton Community primary school, where the eight-year-old was a pupil, said: “Saffie was simply a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word. She was loved by everyone and her warmth and kindness will be remembered fondly. Saffie was quiet and unassuming with a creative flair.”

The news of her death had come as a tremendous shock, he added. “The thought that anyone could go out to a concert and not come home is heartbreaking.” The tight-knit school would be helping staff and pupils to cope with the shocking news, he said.

The first victim to be named in the aftermath of the attack was 18-year-old Georgina Callander.

The bile rises in your throat even as the tears fall.

graphics-hearts-047489.gif

I don't want to say there is no such thing as a lone wolf terrorist, all of these people that carry out these attacks are part of a bigger organisation that spans every corner of the globe. They are active in the Middle East, Europe and the West. Arron Driver (Canadian) was considered a lone wolf but he was also heavily involved in the Mosque ... he was indoctrinated there.

An attack like this could happen anywhere, but right now I feel like America is safe, and only because if there is an attack like this one in America, Trumps response to it will likely be extreme and I think the terrorist kind of know it too.

When I wrote that I wanted to include everything you said, but it was late and I was lazy. Yes, even a 'lone wolf' is not really 'lone' and is indoctrinated. Thanks for saying what I was too tired to add.

Last edited:
well, my first assumption was way wrong along with the thought of the people that had twittered it [before they saw wounded] the problem with concerts is so many people self included are use to seeing mega pyro works/explosions that we take it for granted we could actually be being attacked. This is infuriating and nw they are talking of someone unverified opening a twitter account right before it happened with the daesh flag and a reference to manchester. They deserved to be boiled in oil. The UK had allowed individual back in the country that fought for daesh [isil] that should have been executed at the border instead now for a while. This jerk off was born in the uk but the thing is the bomb was way sophisticated so unless he was an expert bombmaker he had more than a little help
You can find out how to make a sophisticated bomb online very easily. I mean super scary easily.

You can find out how to make a sophisticated bomb online very easily. I mean super scary easily.
no, you can read about it but having the materials and putting one together are a whole nother ball game. True there is allot of info out there but it wouldn't be that easy

no, you can read about it but having the materials and putting one together are a whole nother ball game. True there is allot of info out there but it wouldn't be that easy
But we don't know how long this guy planned and practiced. I agree, make sure there aren't others out there (like McVey having help), but it's not like back in the day before the internet where you really had to be trained in person or were SOL. With enough planning and time, even getting materials can be done.

If it was a big circle of people, I would think they would have sent in several people and placed them throughout and tried to take out everyone they could. This seems like a small group.

the guy that blew himself up was 22 his buddy r another that was arrested 23 bt hfro the immediate area, good example of ugly guy trying to get back at life:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3624815/manchester-arena-attacker-salman-abedi-theresa-may/
MANCHESTER suicide bomber Salman Abedi is suspected of being trained in terror during secret trips to Syria, The Sun can reveal.

And spooks are investigating intelligence reports footie-mad Abedi, 22, slipped into the terror-torn country while visiting relatives in Libya

The monster – who killed 22 and left 119 others injured in Monday’s deadly blast at Ariana Grande’s concert – was born and grew up in Britain.
nintchdbpict0003262331202.jpg

But Abedi’s family hail from Libya and he is thought to have visited the North African country - also a haven for IS fighters - regularly in recent years.

Sources said there were fears Abedi may have taken advantage of the conflict to make the simple journey across the Med to Syria without alerting the British authorities.

One revealed: “His potential ties to Syria now very much forms one line of inquiry.”

Theresa May has raised the threat level to “critical” and warned another attack could be “imminent” after the deadly nail bomb massacre unleashed by the 22-year-old which ISIS has claimed responsibility for.

Cops are now probing whether Abedi, who is believed to have been known to MI5, acted alone or as part of a larger extremist network to carry out the worst terror attack Britain has seen since the 7/7 London bombings.

The PM said it was possible a "wider group of individuals" could have been involved in the attack at Ariana Grande's concert and said the military could be deployed to support armed police officers.
Leon Hall told MailOnline: "I saw him last year and he had a beard thing going on. We didn't speak but just nodded to each other. I don't remember seeing him with beard before.

"He had a bit of an attitude problem. I remember that he was a big Man Utd fan."

One neighbour claimed she saw Abedi chanting loudly in Arabic weeks before the terrorist attack.

Lina Ahmed, 21, said: "He was acting strangely.

"A couple of months ago he [Salman] was chanting the first kalma [Islamic prayer] really loudly in the street. He was chanting in Arabic.

"He was saying 'There is only one God and the prophet Mohammed is his messenger'."

It has been revealed that the sick terrorist started studying business and management at Salford University in 2014, but dropped out and did not finish his degree.
[/doublepost]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber-know/
The Manchester Arena suicide bomber had made trips to Libya, Downing Street said last night, as intelligence agencies combed his connections with al-Qaeda and Islamic State in his parents’ homeland.
Salman Abedi, 22, was born in Manchester and grew up in tight-knit Libyan community that was known for its strong opposition to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s regime.
He had become radicalised recently - it is not entirely clear when - and had worshipped at a local mosque that has, in the past, been accused of fund-raising for jihadists.
His mother, Samia Tabbal, 50, and father, Ramadan Abedi, a security officer, were both born in Tripoli but appear to have emigrated to London before moving to the Whalley Range area of south Manchester where they had lived for at least a decade.

Abedi went to school locally and then on to Salford University in 2014 where he studied business management before dropping out. His trips to Libya, where it is thought his parents returned in 2011 following Gaddafi’s overthrow, are now subject to scrutiny including links to jihadists.

A group of Gaddafi dissidents, who were members of the outlawed Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), lived within close proximity to Abedi in Whalley Range.

We understand that feelings are very raw right now and people are bound to be looking for answers. However, now, more than ever, it is vital that our diverse communities in Greater Manchester stand togetherChief Con Ian Hopkins
Among them was Abd al-Baset Azzouz, a father-of-four from Manchester, who left Britain to run a terrorist network in Libya overseen by Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s successor as leader of al-Qaeda.

Azzouz, 48, an expert bomb-maker, was accused of running an al-Qaeda network in eastern Libya. The Telegraph reported in 2014 that Azzouz had 200 to 300 militants under his control and was an expert in bomb-making.

Another member of the Libyan community in Manchester, Salah Aboaoba told Channel 4 news in 2011 that he had been fund raising for LIFG while in the city. Aboaoba had claimed he had raised funds at Didsbury mosque, the same mosque attended by Abedi. The mosque at the time vehemently denied the claim. “This is the first time I’ve heard of the LIFG. I do not know Salah,” a mosque spokesman said at the time.

At the mosque, Mohammed Saeed El-Saeiti, the imam at the Didsbury mosque yesterday branded Abedi an dangerous extremist. “Salman showed me the face of hate after my speech on Isis,” said the imam. “He used to show me the face of hate and I could tell this person does not like me. It’s not a surprise to me.”

Salman Abedi named as suicide bomber

Salman visited the mosque on a number of occasions to pray, but the imam insisted “he was not my friend, he is not close. I could understand that he was not happy with me because I did combat Isis in that Friday sermon sometimes”.

The imam added: “When he passed by me, we Muslims greet each other and you know he is not happy with me if he doesn’t greet you.”

At the Abedi family home in Elsmore Road, a non-descript red-brick terrace, neighbours told how Abedi had become increasingly devout and withdrawn.

Lina Ahmed, 21, said: “They are a Libyan family and they have been acting strangely. A couple of months ago he [Salman] was chanting the first kalma [Islamic prayer] really loudly in the street. He was chanting in Arabic.

“He was saying ‘There is only one God and the prophet Mohammed is his messenger’.’

A family friend, who described the Abedis as “very religious”, said most of the family had returned to Libya, leaving only Salman and his older brother Ismail behind.

“They have not been there for quite a while. Different people come and go,” said Alan Kinsey, 52, a car-delivery driver who lives across the street. Mr Kinsey’s wife, Frances, 48, a care worker, said she believed that the parents had left before Christmas and just one or two young men had been living in the property.

Mr Kinsey said a huge flag, possibly Iraqi or Libyan, had been hanging from their house. “There was a large Iraqi flag hanging out the window but we never thought anything or it,” added Mr Kinsey, “We thought it was about football or a protest at home or something.”

Last edited:
This is disgusting and deplorable. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I'm so sorry for the many families whose loved ones were killed in such a sickening, horrific, and senseless manner.

v7xfyr.jpg

Saffie Rose Roussos, 8 Georgina Callander, 18 John Atkinson, 26

e17zif.jpg

Olivia Campbell, 15

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/victims-manchester-terror-attack/
http://people.com/crime/manchester-terrorist-attack-more-victims-identified/
[doublepost=1495603426,1495602345][/doublepost]Five More Victims of Manchester Terrorist Attack Identified, Including Two Mothers Who Were Waiting For Their Kids

24qtzkj.jpg

My mum Alison Howe, 44 and her friend Lisa Lees, 44 where at Manchester arena, please get in contact if anything is heard and share this. (They were both killed.)

2whpkzr.jpg

Kelly Brewster, 32
[doublepost=1495615390][/doublepost]

Saffie Rose Roussos's (pictured above) critically injured mother doesn't even know her 8-year-old daughter has died.
The critically-injured mother of Manchester terror attack victim Saffie Rose Roussos has no idea her eight-year-old daughter is dead, a devastated friend has revealed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hester-terror-attack-named.html#ixzz4hz3Ta3MG

Last edited:
Back