• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

tmdgirl

The girl who waited....forever.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/oxford-s...ared-jail-extraordinary-talent-144954285.html

Oxford University[/a] student who stabbed her boyfriend could be spared jail because she has ‘extraordinary’ talent and it would ruin her career.

Lavinia Woodward, 24, stabbed her boyfriend in the leg with a bread knife before throwing a laptop, a glass and a jam jar at him, during a row fuelled by drink and drugs.

Woodward, a student at Christ Church college at Oxford, met her boyfriend, who goes to Cambridge University, on Tinder[/a].

The aspiring heart surgeon pleaded guilty to unlawful wounding at Oxford Crown Court, an offence that would normally result in a custodial sentence.

But Judge Ian Pringle has delayed sentencing for four months, and indicated that Woodward may not be jailed because of her potential.

afd70dc6b732e1eb642998df4da1d52a

If this happens it is a BS double damned standard.
Any guy doing this to a woman would be behind bars faster than you could say 'good call'

Let her go to jail and pay the price.
If it fucks her over, too bad, the crime was her choice.
Let her have her 4 month delay at best, then slam the door on the bitch.

Plus if booze and drugs fueled her, do you really want that type of decision making in a surgeon?

This has me seriously provoked.
Sure let her off, give her a stern lecture and then seend her on her merry way...
knowing she got out of jail free.
Bullroar!

I read this in a complete state of disbelief. Don't care HOW bright you are. Don't want boozy stabby surgeons running around.

Also, does her victim deserve no justice?

What the fuck Batman.

Judge Pringle is living up to his name :shifty::finger: He has the logic of a shitty potato chip.

That's like saying.. Just because I always wear a pretty dress and heals <3:angelic: always look like such a lady :) I wouldn't turn hood on this bitch and beat her ass. :p Why? because .. I "look" cute and unassuming.

Let me get this straight. After proving she not only has no control over her actions and is unstable enough to STAB a man with a dull butter knife..... This judge thinks jail would stop her from Being a doctor?
Instead he would rather give her SHARP knives. :popcorn:

Oh please, it's because she is at a Christian college. She's just a poor Christian who was led astray. THAT is the real reason.

The justice system in pretty much every single Western nation is sexist in favor of females to a sickening, outrageous and blatant degree.

It's like like female version of the kid who got off on charges because he was spoiled his whole life. Judge figured he should get off because his Momma and Daddy didn't punish him enough. Can't remember his name. Sorry. Drunk driving and killed a lot of people.

It's like like female version of the kid who got off on charges because he was spoiled his whole life. Judge figured he should get off because his Momma and Daddy didn't punish him enough. Can't remember his name. Sorry. Drunk driving and killed a lot of people.

Affluenza teen is his name...lol. that's all I got.

Oh please, it's because she is at a Christian college. She's just a poor Christian who was led astray. THAT is the real reason.

Christ Church College isn't really a "Christian" college like you might imagine - not the UK Bob Jones University or anything. It is a constituent college of Oxford University.

The cathedral is a huge central part of the functional college, but that is more a relic of the history of a very old institution. The architectural value of the cathedral is much more significant in modern times than the religious value. Lots of Harry Potter scenes were filmed there.

More UK PMs have attended Christ Church than any other university. Bill Clinton studied there as a Rhodes scholar.

They have 2 bars right on the main campus, and serve beer in the main dining hall to those of legal age.

But Judge Ian Pringle has delayed sentencing for four months, and indicated that Woodward may not be jailed because of her potential.

Doctors take the hippocratic oath to do no harm, she did harm before she even finished her schooling. The only potential I see here is the potential for her to seriously hurt someone. Being in medical school she should have known better then to stab someone..never mind in the leg where the chance of hitting an artery or deep vein is high. And a butter knife? That's akin to trying to stab someone with a spoon. Serious rage issues.

The judge said: ‘It seems to me that if this was a one-off, a complete one-off, to prevent this extraordinary able young lady from not following her long-held desire to enter the profession she wishes to, would be a sentence which would be too severe.

‘What you did will never, I know, leave you but it was pretty awful, and normally it would attract a custodial sentence, whether it is immediate or suspended.’

Why not just write her a love letter detailing your undying devotion while you're at it, your honour?

I'm sure what she looks like had nothing to do with your decision. I mean... that is one FUCK of a one-off.

If she ever makes it into practice, I hope someone who remembers this will post it on the front door of her office.

I, unknown, to my parents had an alcoholic pediatrician. He seemed perfectly normal in the office, so you would never guess. They found out from an article in the newspaper about him getting into a drunken fight with someone on the street. I'm surprised my mother didn't go burn his office down.

Even her school doesn't want her!
An Oxford student who was told she might avoid prison after a drug-fuelled assault on her boyfriend may still be expelled from her college, it has emerged.

Lavinia Woodward last week admitted stabbing Thomas Fairclough in the leg. But a judge hinted that her academic ability meant halting her studies with a jail term would be ‘too severe’.

And it has come to light that the medical student was already on a final warning from her college when she attacked the 25-year-old Cambridge graduate.

Christ Church had spoken to her about her behaviour just two weeks before the September assault, after it discovered she had been taking drugs.

She was told: ‘Any more drug-taking, or misconduct of any kind, would indeed result in expulsion.’

This was despite her being one of the best students on her course.

[..]

A spokesman for the University of Oxford has now said that any comments suggesting Woodward would be allowed to complete her studies at Christ Church ‘were the judge’s not the college’s’. He added pointedly that there was ‘no guarantee of a return’, and that it was usual for university disciplinary procedures only to begin once relevant court cases were over.

The spokesman added: ‘The context is obviously serious.’

[..]

At Oxford, she has been accused of subjecting fellow students to a ‘reign of terror’.

He peers – who describe her as ‘clever and manipulative’ – have demanded to know why the court was not told of her ‘history’ of making threats of violence.

Inviting unsavoury characters suspected of supplying her with cocaine into college was just one of her misdemeanours. A source familiar with Woodward’s career at Oxford said: ‘This was not a solitary incident. There are other people she has threatened. She needs help. I don’t think a clear picture of her has come from the court case.’

Another contemporary at Christ Church said: ‘I’m not at all surprised she’s ended up attacking someone with a knife, at least three people have been threatened by her.

‘She has been so clever and manipulative. The judge has presented her as this talented student who’s made one mistake in life but actually she’s got this history that hasn’t been considered.’

One female student and former friend said: ‘It is surreal the [knife] attack could be contemplated as a one-time event. Her history is peppered with traumatised people – she had an incredibly short fuse.’

One alleged confrontation occurred in the street around the time Woodward attacked Mr Fairclough. It is said to have started when she screamed at another student across the road who was speaking to an ex of hers.

A witness said: ‘She called her horrible names like slut, and bimbo. My friend crossed the road to calm her down. She [Woodward] then began lashing out at her, slapping her and trying to shove her head against a gatepost.’

Woodward, from Milan, posted on social media earlier this year that she had entered The Priory addiction treatment centre in Woking, Surrey, and is understood to be tackling her use of cocaine.

She is due to return to Oxford Crown Court in September for sentencing. A prison term could result in her being barred from working as a doctor.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4528036/Oxford-student-spared-jail-attack-expelled.html

The judge said: ‘It seems to me that if this was a one-off, a complete one-off, to prevent this extraordinary able young lady from not following her long-held desire to enter the profession she wishes to, would be a sentence which would be too severe.
Seems this was not a one-off, Judge; she has a history of this sort of behavior.
Another contemporary at Christ Church said: ‘I’m not at all surprised she’s ended up attacking someone with a knife, at least three people have been threatened by her.

‘She has been so clever and manipulative. The judge has presented her as this talented student who’s made one mistake in life but actually she’s got this history that hasn’t been considered.’
The ball is in your court, Judge Pringle.

--Al

Clever, manipulative, no emotions towards others but rage. She's a sociopath, and a violent one. That's never good. Who else thinks she'll be charged with murder some day?

Judge had to have known this isn't a one of. She didn't have 1 charge against her, she has 3. There are 2 prior assaults against this same boyfriend from nov and dec that they decided to let lay on the books.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ses-appeal-against-her-sentence-a3801171.html
[....]
She tried to take her case to the Court of Appeal but had her application rejected.

However she can still apply to have her case heard by a full court of two or three judges.

During the trial in 2016, Judge Ian Pringle QC said a jail sentence may be too severe as it could ruin her medical career.
[....]
There was an outcry at the time of her sentencing and questioning on the fairness of the criminal justice system.

The 24-year-old has suspended her studies at Oxford until the end of her sentence.

Back