• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Resa said DCFS has been offering services to the family since September. Deputies responded to a 911 hang-up from the residence on Easter Sunday. There was no reported disturbance, but deputies provided some candy and toys for the children at the house, Ackerson said.

That was extremely kind of the deputies, good on them. <3

While Semaj’s mother, Sheri Gordon, was being questioned for a second time Wednesday morning, she decided to stop the interview and speak with an attorney, Ackerson said. A woman who accompanied Gordon was outside banging on the door of the police trailer and telling Gordon not to answer questions, he said.

There is so much WTF in that paragraph. I would be desperate to answer any and all questions to help police find my missing child. A woman telling her not to answer any questions? That's the advice you give to a guilty person.

Ms. Gordon is extremely distraught over the death of her only daughter.

So distraught she wouldn't allow police into her home to search for her missing daughter until she consulted her attorney. Needed some time to find a good place to hide the body.

We look forward to when we can put this tragic incident behind us

Ha,I bet! It's been an entire day, can't we move forward from this incident?

I don't think a child can be taken from a parent even if they're living out of a car, correct me if I'm wrong.
[doublepost=1493357410,1493357301][/doublepost]

Sadly, I believe this baby would have been better off being supervised by kids. :(
[doublepost=1493383813][/doublepost]You aren't wrong, it's ok to live in a car, it's ok to be homeless. A tent is acceptable, weather permitting. If the state can determine that the parent is meeting the childs basic needs, they will not remove the child.

Nevermind she was finally taken into custody. Thank god

Can you link to the article showing her arrest? I can't find anything saying she was (And I really hope she was...or someone else from the household....we all know they were involved somehow).

Cause of death is inconclusive, they are awaiting toxicology results.

"The sheriff's office was advised from the Will County coroner that there were no visible signs of blunt force trauma or physical injury to the body of Semaj Crosby to indicate the exact cause of death," according to Friday's statement from the sheriff's office.

The cause of death is "pending further studies," the coroner's office said Thursday after an autopsy. The cause will be determined based on police investigation reports and final toxicology results, which could take several weeks, the office said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...t-child-death-update-0429-20170428-story.html

the body was found under a couch that did not have legs and could not be crawled under.

A 16 mo old under the couch that was sitting flat on the floor without legs. I can't imagine what shape she was in when they found her.

My foster grand baby is 20 mo old and slightly small for her age, this story just scares the shit out of me. Her "parents" have a court date next Tuesday to determine if they've done all the things that DFACS and the courts have asked of them, like, getting jobs, and a reasonably decent place to live, and as far as i know they've not completed anything on the list. I'm so afraid they're going to keep getting "just one more chance" until this baby is dead too.

Not true. CPS CAN and will remove children for these type of conditions due to the fact of sleeping arrangements.

Of course they CAN, however given my experiences it's quite rare for them to give that much of a shit or do the right thing in the face of such a ugly and potentially dangerous situation.

Seems there HAS to be obvious signs of abuse/neglect or hard drug usage/drugs in the home for the State to act.

but the condition of this home that people are now saying should have been condemned

Unless it's falling down to the point where ceilings and walls are caving in and falling on people, this very likely won't be cause for removal either.
[doublepost=1493446219,1493445506][/doublepost]
I'm so afraid they're going to keep getting "just one more chance" until this baby is dead too.

They'll get a shit ton of chances. The State cares more about parental reunification then they do the safety of the children. It's fucking disgusting how much they care about the parents and how hard they try to put kids back with the shit.

29c1cb7.jpg

The family sure is quick to instruct everyone where donations are to be sent. There are numerous comments under this post stating that the funeral home is paying for everything and a person is named who is helping to arrange for a horse and carriage and all the extras. But I guess grieving relatives need to start panhandling for blood money while the iron is hot, eh?

Video of inside Semaj's home

https://www.facebook.com/tyteanna.crosby?ref=br_rs
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/video/3658325-photos-house-of-semaj-crosby-deemed-uninhabitable/

Last edited:
And supposedly DFACS was there 3 hours before this baby disappeared and didn't find anything wrong. Absolutely Unbelievable.:banghead:

Edited to add: How int he hell can you stuff a baby UNDER a couch with no legs and there not be any visible signs of trauma? Really? Without legs the couches, I've seen, sit directly on the floor!

A gofundme popped up. For the funeral. I believe they got $100 or $300 before it was taken down

Fucking people. Use any tragedy to make a buck.

Anyway, since I run that missing persons page. I have been following this very closely.

RUMORS are that Darlene and another woman whose name escapes me, Lucretia? are on the run. So I've been frantically looking for proof. None yet.
But Darlene Crosby's facebook page is BOOMING.

Obvious COCKROACH infestation!
Leaks
Mold
Condemnable home
Squatters living in home
Strangers around children at all times
History of neglect
History of abuse
Basic needs of chidren not provided
Dirt
Filth
History of strangers sleeping in the home with young children

But good old DHS gave her a gold star after a home check..... They weren't gone 3 hours and this baby was murdered and stuffed in a couch!
What DHS agent allows cockroaches and SQUATTERS to live in the same home as children? NONE! I've worked with families and one instance sticks out. They had their children taken because their little girl missed 4 weeks of school. The home was immaculate, all the kids were healthy and cared for. Their girl was being bullied in school to the point that she was talking suicide and no one would help them. So they kept her home from school for a little over a month till they could figure out what to do. COS comes knocking and They took a 9 yr old girl from her family for 4 months! This was a good solid family and knowing what they went through, then seeing THIS article? A giant WTF!!??

But CPS allowed this??!! Where the fuck is the accountability for Children's Services? I have read the articles and listened to the press Conference. NO one has made one damn comment regarding why a agency that is supposed to protect children would, after experiencing these conditions first hand, not make a report or remove these children immediately! Not 3 hours After they left this baby was killed!

They have made the pictures of this home public, to shock and show people the condition of this home and show what these children were subjected to. But not ONE official has commented on why a GOV agency saw these conditions first hand hours before this tragedy and CLEARED this mom to continue on her path of "good parenting"

When are we going to start holding individuals with power accountable? And I don't mean procecute one or two every once in a while to make a statement. We all know why they do that- we NEED AG who aren't afraid to do their JOB and be a voice for the victims!

I mean REALLY start holding Goverment, federal, police and agency workers responsible for their actions or lack thereof!!

This baby (family) had every single warning sign that something BAD was around the corner and they, and it was way more then one, allowed it to continue!!
That agent who went to this house and knew all this needs to be charged with neglect also!
She neglected her duties, she neglected to do her JOB and she neglected to take this baby out of these conditions!

Yes it upsets me to read any article That describes the murder of babies but I am appalled and frankly sick and tired of reading about it when HELP was right there and people were just too God damn lazy to speak up or do their fucking JOB!

Surprise! Surprise! don't you know several GoFunds are already taking in the money off this babys torture. Family/friends can't wait to cash out on a baby's horror story. They should have started a go fund for me a long time ago to try and give these babies a stable home or at least one not filled with squatter druggies and cockroaches!

Lord knows after reading/ listening to the history this family has and after seeing the pictures.... This baby lived in torturous conditions for her entire 16 months on this earth.

Damn
[doublepost=1493479552,1493479390][/doublepost]
A gofundme popped up. For the funeral. I believe they got $100 or $300 before it was taken down

Anyway, since I run that missing persons page. I have been following this very closely.

RUMORS are that Darlene and another woman whose name escapes me, Lucretia? are on the run. So I've been frantically looking for proof. None yet.
I looked for her FB. But there are many under that name. Can you post the link babe. Thx :)

I'm reading it now, wowza. It appears the other woman is the babydaddy's sister Lakreshia, and Darlene is their mother.

(deleted fb link)

ETA: Supposedly, Semaj's mother is somewhat slow/mentally challenged, according to poster's on Darlene's fb.

Last edited:
And supposedly DFACS was there 3 hours before this baby disappeared and didn't find anything wrong. Absolutely Unbelievable.:banghead:

Edited to add: How int he hell can you stuff a baby UNDER a couch with no legs and there not be any visible signs of trauma? Really? Without legs the couches, I've seen, sit directly on the floor!
I'm thinking they stuffed her under the pillows

yeah, that's why I said read the comments they were by people in the area and neighbors already pointing the finger at those 2. The whole situation is beyond deplorable and I think the dashcams on social workers is an excellent idea as many lie and claim they have gone into the house and checked on children they didn't. The overworked thing doesn't work for me either as I have seen too many of them around that couldn't be the size they are and really have been working that hard. A baby can't end up under a couch without legs on their own nor could people in the house ot known that the baby was there if they were in the house at the time imo. Why did they immediately get a lawyer and why did the lawyer refuse the search if they were that concerned about the baby? something there including the babies items would have helped in the search. As far as the lowered standards of the state: how fkn low can they be where a situation like this was okay? what were these people afraid that would be found out if the child had lived because that's kinda a big coincidence that she died a couple hours after the sw talked to these people

I used to believe DCF was good.
Then Rilya Wilson
Holy. Shit. Then the stories flooded out on all the times just Miami DCF failed children. I hunted for more. Wished I hadnt.
[doublepost=1493589808,1493589708][/doublepost]@Francyne32, I think linking fb is now frowned upon here, not sure.
Just search Darlene Crosby Semaj Crosby.

Back