• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member
Story courtesy of @SimplySpaztastic

ANOTHER dog food recalled because it contained euthanasia drugs! Party Animal's dog food advertising slogan is "Organic and Original."

Party Animal is recalling two lots of its Cocolicious dog food because it may contain pentobarbital.

Samples of the company’s 13 oz can of Cocolicious Beef & Turkey dog food and Cocolicious Chicken & Beef dog food tested positive for pentobarbital, according the Party Animal.

“The safety of pets is and always will be our first priority. We sincerely regret the reports of the discomfort experienced by the pet who consumed this food. As pet parents ourselves, we take this matter seriously,” the company said in a statement.

The company is now working with retailers across the country to make sure all of the recalled products are taken off the shelves.

Party Animal says it has had other lots of their beef flavors tested and the lots have tested negative for pentobarbital.

The recalled lots are listed below:

13-ounce-can Cocolicious Beef & Turkey dog food (Lot #0136E15204 04, best by July 2019)

13-ounce-can Cocolicious Chicken & Beef dog food (Lot #0134E15 237 13, best by August 2019)

http://kdvr.com/2017/04/28/dog-food-recalled-because-product-may-contain-euthanasia-drug/

Last edited:
Wait a minute.
Exactly what kind of meat is in there?

First of all beef flavor, that doesn't even sound like any actual beef meat is in it. And second, when are big farm animals put down with drug method.
Is this company using dogs and cats???

Wby feeds their dogs food with a lable *party animal. Sounds like ol roy.

(I'm bringing this post over from the other dog food thread.)

Dog Food Advisor is great, they give unbiased reviews of pet food, they analyze every ingredient.

How to Avoid Products with the Highest Risk of Containing Euthanized Pets

To avoid choosing a dog food that might contain dead cats and dogs, there’s only one way to minimize the risk…

Never buy any product made with an anonymous animal ingredient

By anonymous, we’re referring to meat-based ingredients that do not specify the source animal. They use vague terms like “meat meal” rather than more specific words like “chicken meal” to describe their components.

According to the pet food industry, meat can come from virtually any mammal1.

So, generic meat meal can be legally made from road kill, dead, diseased or dying farm animals — even euthanized cats and dogs.

[doublepost=1493511711,1493511474][/doublepost]

Unfortunately, there’s no date attached to this video. However, our research found Hersch Pendell was president of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) in 1998.

So, we must assume that year to be the approximate time of this interview.

In any case, the actual words spoken by the president of the pet food regulatory association are especially chilling.

And we’re still unable to locate any current regulation forbidding the use of euthanized pets in commercial dog food.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-industry-exposed/euthanized-pets-dog-food/

plus if they are getting their meat and meal from a suppler the supplier can cut corners. One of the biggest pig food cover ups that never left the state was a popular feed brand sold for mainly pigs bred for consumption had been buying blood meal from China and got some that was contaminated [like majorly]. Food no longer has to be labeled where it came from anymore and animal products have had products in them that never were. Thousands of pigs died but whose to know how many pigs had just got sick and were butchered and sold. This is something from one of their vendors probably the turkey as they will grind up dead birds and other animals and feed it to the to be slaughtered animals and these guys probably got second, third round not knowing what was in the meat

Are vets selling people's dead pets to be made into food for other animals? We have always taken ours home to bury, but l know a lot of people can't or choose not to. Had no idea this was happening...

not the vet though I have heard of horror stories there: allot of times something will happen to an animal and it is put down, if that animal is thrown in with the other ones for mass processing thing like that happen

Just for grins I checked out Pedigree dry food on Dog Food Advisor because that's what I used to feed my dogs, and it rates 1 out of 5 stars, and contains the dreaded "meat and bone meal". :eek:

I now feed my dogs Pure Balance grain free and it rates 4 out of 5 stars and there isn't any mystery "meat meal" listed in the ingredients! Whew!

I now feed my dogs Pure Balance grain free and it rates 4 out of 5 stars and there isn't any mystery "meat meal" listed in the ingredients! Whew!
have to admit I feed my cats what I can and didn't take the offer of a couple of Kangal pups again because I need to ensure I can feed them right for a year ahead of time

have to admit I feed my cats what I can and didn't take the offer of a couple of Kangal pups again because I need to ensure I can feed them right for a year ahead of time

No shame in that, my love. <3 I've often had to go the bargain brand, they gotta eat. It's responsible of you to not take on the extra mouths to feed if it doesn't fit into your budget, that's why no more mouths for me to feed either. I would love to have more pets, but I would also love to have the extra funds to care for them if they get sick, plus monthly heartworm and flea meds, food etc. :D Shit adds up.

No shame in that, my love. <3 I would love to have more pets, but I would also love to have the extra funds to care for them if they get sick, plus monthly heartworm and flea meds, food etc. :D Shit adds up.
that would be a good 150 more bucks a months and that's if they didn't need to go to the vet and like you said their shots and meds as we are vector central with every imaginable parasite and tick known s well as me wanting better fencing as they like to roam and any territory is theirs in their canine brains and I wouldnt handle them getting shot too well [like epically end up on here]

Back