• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
Was going to wait to put this up but felt like doing it now. Mother, uncle baby sister found dead
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4457582/Arkansas-girl-dead-mom-great-uncle-killed.html
3FBDF20E00000578-4457582-image-m-34_1493479453224.jpg

3FBDE9D200000578-4457582-image-a-33_1493479389698.jpg

Arkansas police are searching for a nine-year-old boy after his mother, little sister and great-uncle were found murdered.

The body of two-year-old Acelynn Wester was found in a heavily wooded area near the town of Cove in far western Arkansas on Friday.

She was discovered near where her mother, 43-year-old Bethany Jo Wester, was found dead Tuesday in a creek, according to Polk County Sheriff Scott Sawyer. Police were called to the area after receiving reports of a 'suspicious' object.

The girl's nine-year-old brother, Reilly Scarbrough, is still missing. Officers from eight agencies are searching for him. The Mena, Arkansas children hadn't been seen since at least April 22.

'Somebody knows where he's at. Someone has information,' Sawyer said. 'We need to find Reilly. We're going on the premise Reilly is alive.'

The children's great-uncle was found dead Thursday at his home in a nearby town.
The deaths are being investigated as homicides, said Sawyer, who choked back tears at a news conference late Friday as he promised to 'seek justice for the families' of the victims.

3FBDFFAA00000578-4457582-image-a-37_1493479719704.jpg

+1

Brian Bliss Travis, 37, was arrested Wednesday for unrelated drug charges

The sheriff declined to say how the three were killed or name any possible suspects or motives in the deaths. The sheriff also didn't provide information on where the children's other relatives, including a father, might be.

Authorities first discovered the body of the children's mother. Her uncle, 66-year-old Steven Payne, was found dead Thursday in the western Arkansas town of Hatfield.

Earlier Friday, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children described the children as being 'in immediate danger' because they hadn't been seen in at least six days.

'With their mother being found dead and their uncle being found dead, that ups the criticalness of the case,' said Rebecca Kovar, the senior program manager at the national nonprofit. 'The longer a child is missing, the more critical the situation becomes.'

Bethany's live-in boyfriend Brian Bliss Travis, 37, was arrested Wednesday for unrelated drug charges according to the Arkansas Times.

Last edited:
Not many details yet. Will update as soon as more info comes in.

MENA (KFSM) — One of the missing children from Polk County was found dead on Friday (April 28), according to the Polk County Sheriff.

The body of Acelynn Carrie Wester, 2, was found in a heavily wooded area southeast of Cove, Ark. and her brother Reilly James Scarbrough, 10, is still reported missing.

Acelynn Wester and Scarbrough were both reported missing on Sunday, April 23.

The body of their mother, Bethany Jo Wester, 43, was found on Tuesday (April 25) inside a creek southeast of Cove, according to a Polk County Sheriff’s Office deputy. He confirmed the woman’s identity on Thursday (April 27).

Wester’s 66-year-old uncle, Steven J. Payne, was found dead in his home in Hatfield on Thursday (April 27), according to the sheriff.

http://5newsonline.com/2017/04/28/m...und-dead-in-mena-search-underway-for-brother/

This happened 4 miles from me. The uncle was found less than a mile from my house. The country-bumpkin cops aren't saying a word to the public, but I do know that the mother's hands and head were mutilated/cut off.

The little girl, Acelynn, was found in a culvert less than a mile from her mom :(
Still no updates on Reilly, but an Amber Alert has been issued.

Yesterday the police showed up at my workplace and took one of my coworkers in for questioning and impounded her boyfriend's car.

I promise you guys I will keep up with info.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information , sounds horrible to have to live so close to it and worry that it's a stranger that did it and they're still loose. Tho most likely it was family, of some sort, that did this.

The little girl, Acelynn, was found in a culvert less than a mile from her mom :(

Yesterday the police showed up at my workplace and took one of my coworkers in for questioning and impounded her boyfriend's car.

I had put under missing to be optimistic but with the baby girl dead don't have much hope... was that the boyfriend of your coworker or this womans ex or was he a friend of the ex [who I'm lookin at or someone sending a major message to him, keep in mind he was just busted for drugs who knows how many higher ups he knew and the laws aren't kid around here for drugs] what type of freak would kill a baby like that

Last edited:
I just heard on my local news that they found him dead. Going to find link now...

ETA- I cant find a link on the news site yet but i found a story on fb that says they found him with the help of bryan bliss travis, who they say is in jail now on "unrelated charges." Im sure thats about to change.

Last edited:
Wonder what his relationship to these people was, bf of the woman or drug involvement led to a thirst for revenge over some petty likely monetary bullshit?

Why would you not name them?

he is the boyfriend in the first article and picture under the family. Dimes to dollars he used maybe someone else's car with one or more of the bodies that person was questioned car was impounded and searched they found evidence and then he was leaned on. I hope he still ends up in a merry execution group to go down. Maybe they will let him in the rec yard or all the prisoners will have to go into a group area for any incoming tornado threats or something

Last edited:
Well I can't say I'm surprised. I didn't really have any hope this kid was alive, but it would have been nice if he had run and gotten away. I wonder why kill them all. Seems weird to kill the mom, an uncle, and two kids, one who was super young.

Looks like a right winner.
Jailhouse Justice would be ever so appropriate in this.

His tattoos look like chest hair. We finally found big foot
I thought the same thing: really never have been into the yeti look and didn't even know men could have hair on their backs and shoulders until I went to Miami and the beach, I almost puked, lol

My second oldest is named Aislinn. That's a silly way to spell a classic Gaelic name.

I thought the same thing: really never have been into the yeti look and didn't even know men could have hair on their backs and shoulders until I went to Miami and the beach, I almost puked, lol
I'm surprised you didn't see a woman or two with hair on THEIR backs?

I figured it was the boyfriend. I knew the authorities were keeping him locked up on the drug charges to build their case and get the evidence they needed. Once they had him backed into a corner with no way out and shoved photos of the dead bodies in his face...now that his diabolical rage has subsided...he cracked and gave them the whereabouts of Reilly. I believe he killed the uncle and kids as they were witnesses to the kids moms murder. The two yr old was young but two yr olds talk too. She could have easily answered "who hurt mommy". i hope he gets some prison justice. Those kids must have been terrified. My heart goes out to surviving loved ones. I wonder who is the father of the children.

I feel sorry for cops sometimes ... the conversation they must have had to get that little guys body back ... like YIPPEE its a win for them but damn.

MENA (KFSM) — One of the missing children from Polk County was found dead on Friday (April 28), according to the Polk County Sheriff.

The body of Acelynn Carrie Wester, 2, was found in a heavily wooded area southeast of Cove, Ark. and her brother Reilly James Scarbrough, 10, is still reported missing.

Acelynn Wester and Scarbrough were both reported missing on Sunday, April 23.

The body of their mother, Bethany Jo Wester, 43, was found on Tuesday (April 25) inside a creek southeast of Cove, according to a Polk County Sheriff’s Office deputy. He confirmed the woman’s identity on Thursday (April 27).

Wester’s 66-year-old uncle, Steven J. Payne, was found dead in his home in Hatfield on Thursday (April 27), according to the sheriff.

http://5newsonline.com/2017/04/28/m...und-dead-in-mena-search-underway-for-brother/

This happened 4 miles from me. The uncle was found less than a mile from my house. The country-bumpkin cops aren't saying a word to the public, but I do know that the mother's hands and head were mutilated/cut off.

This is not true. At all!!!!

Forgot about this case, damn read about it a while ago. Odd there are still no details released. Suppose officials are wanting to focus on building their case and not let anything out

This is not true. At all!!!!
well, since it really looks like he probably tried to turn in everyone he sold drugs to and bought from looks like the only logical reason why they have been so hush hush about his gruesome murders would love to hear more and am waiting with baited breath, bet everyone else in that area is too

http://www.insidefortsmith.com/trav...n-eight-months-before-murders-in-polk-county/

No date on the article, appears to be May 2017

Brian Bliss Travis had been back on the streets less than eight months before the four murders last week in Mena and Hatfield he confessed to last week.
[...]
Travis was paroled in August of 2016 after having served six years and one month for his July 2010 conviction for four counts of being a person (felon) in possession of firearms, residential burglary and theft of property charges.

He was sentenced to 540 months on the firearms charges and 360 months each on the burglary and theft convictions, all imposed consecutively.

Facing 1,260 months in prison for those crimes alone, and without parole, Travis would have been a free man no sooner that August 2031.

He confessed over the weekend to taking the lives of Bethany Jo Wester, Acelynn Wester, Reilly Scarbrough and Steven J. Payne last week.

Travis, who has a long and checkered criminal past was a familiar character to law enforcement officials in the Polk Couty area.

With a record that started when he was 19, Travis has been found guilty of or pleaded guilty to multiple counts of felony breaking and entering, commercial burglary, burglary and forgery, misdemeanor theft of property charges and a myriad of “unclassified” offenses in nine different court appearances encompassing 19 separate convictions.

Some of the court records are not completely clear on how many of the sentences included consecutive terms and concurrent terms, but Travis had been given 1,828 months of imposed sentences, 698 months of sentences that had their imposition suspended and at least 84 months of probation since his first conviction in 1998.
[...]

http://www.menastar.com/news/article_e5637956-8294-11e7-bc48-875b3bf57c7c.html

Multiple pretrial motions were filed in Polk County Circuit Court Monday in the case of Brian Bliss Travis, who is facing charges of four counts of Capital Murder for the deaths of Bethany Jo Wester, 43, Wester's children, Reilly James Scarbrough, age 9, and Acelynn Wester, age 2 and Wester's uncle, Steven Payne, 66.

The trail date was set for April 16 through April 27, 2018.

Judge Jerry Ryan said he aims to ensure a speedy trail while allowing the defense time for discovery.

"I'm anticipating two weeks for this trial, but we may not need it," he said after sustaining several motions from Travis's counsel, Teri Chambers and Katherine Streett, whom were appointed by the Arkansas Public Defenders office.

The motions were not met with objections from prosecuting attorney, Andy Riner, who noted many motions were state law, with which he intended to comply.

Only one request from the defense drew concerned comments from Riner, which asked the state to not intentionally place an agent in the cell with Travis for the intent of obtaining information that would or could be used against him during the trail.

Riner said he has no jurisdiction over who Traivs is placed with while in custody.

Ryan sustained the motion.

Allowing time for the conclusion of discovery and to build arguments, a second pre-trial hearing has been set for March 26, 2018.

The trial is scheduled during the year anniversary of the quadruple homicides.

Wester's children had been missing since Sunday, April 23, until their bodies were recovered after a multi-agency search which concluded Friday, April 28. Payne's remains was also found during the search.

Information from Travis lead to Reilly's body being discovered in a heavily wooded area west of Hatfield.

Travis is being held without bond on the order of Judge Jerry Ryan, who also issued a protective order in this case, which prohibits any party from making extrajudicial statements.

Pretty sure if it wasn't true, there wouldn't be a trial date set and he wouldn't still be in custody.

Back