• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
The article is calling this an accidental shooting, but it sure doesn't sound that way to me, based on the description.

On Martaevious Santiago’s 17th birthday, he shot his 13-year-old sister in the back of the head.

She had just hugged him in the kitchen of the family’s Florida City home, police said. As they separated and Tedra King walked away, Martaevious pointed a loaded semi-automatic handgun at her. Then he pulled the trigger and killed her.

Martaevious told police it was an accident.

The shooting happened Tuesday night inside a modest Florida City subdivision called Washington Park. Outside the home on Wednesday, shocked family members — some on the way to identify the young girl’s body at the morgue — demanded privacy.

“Everybody that knows a word of prayer, please pray for the Bess family,” close family friend Benita Collier asked.

Martaevious, whose life has been marred by gun violence and who was featured as part of a series of stories earlier this year on youth surviving gun violence by Miami Herald news partner WLRN, called police after the shooting and said he had accidentally shot his sister.

Police charged him with aggravated manslaughter of a child and possession of a weapon during the commission of a felony. The charge does not assume intent, police said.

Martaevious said he got the gun, a semi-automatic handgun, from a 14-year-old friend whom police did not name, but who was also arrested for an unrelated outstanding warrant. It was unclear Wednesday exactly who was in the home just after 8 p.m. when Tedra was shot other than Martaevious and his friend.

His step-father, Vernon Williams, said he was at home during the shooting and so was Tedra’s mother Lakesha Bess, who held her daughter after she was shot. Williams told WPLG Channel 10 that Martaevious said he had made a terrible mistake.

‘“I’m sorry, it was an accident,’” Williams said Martaevious told him. “’I’m sorry, Dad.’”

The WLRN story, which ran in February, explained how a week before last Christmas, Martaevious was in a car in front of his home when gunfire broke out. He was shot in the leg. His friend was shot in the head and survived. Earlier last year, Martaevious’s younger brother Martwan Santiago, 15, was shot four times while playing outside his apartment.

The bullet that hit Martwan’s spine left him paralyzed from the waist down.

“I never knew how he was feeling until I got shot. Now, I feel the pain,” Martaevious told WLRN in February. “Hang around the wrong crowd of people, this is what happens.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/homestead/article146809939.html

The article doesn't say how many siblings there are all-told, but I count three in this story who've been shot before making it to adulthood. One is paralyzed, and now one is dead. What the actual fuck??

@PsychoKitty I so hate that this is the picture they're using for her. Guess you can only post what's out there though.

Here's big brother, in a still from his TV special. I like the foreshadowing. Behind bars, fittingly.

2dkmsrq.jpg

The shooter had previous arrests for robbery and should have known pointing a gun at someones head is dangerous. There is more to the story that we will never know since the family is covering for him calling it an accident.

The shooter had previous arrests for robbery and should have known pointing a gun at someones head is dangerous. There is more to the story that we will never know since the family is covering for him calling it an accident.

Right!! He himself has been shot. His brother was paralyzed from the waist down after being shot multiple times, and his friend was shot in the head.

There is no way he doesn't understand what dangers guns hold or how they work.

With mom and dad home...why were they not aware their son was toting around a weapon. Bet she was about to tell on him like little sisters do.

I never knew how he was feeling until I got shot. Now, I feel the pain,” Martaevious told WLRN in February. “Hang around the wrong crowd of people, this is what happens.”
Too bad your sister didnt have a different brother.

Upon seeing the title, I wanted to write "maybe his sister going away permanently was his birthday wish," but this story is sad and just sucks, and HE really sucks a big old bag o' dicks! :shifty:
[doublepost=1493597648,1493525992][/doublepost]Clearly this ace at life is retarded. Not mentally handicapped, etc-- fucking retarded. No matter what happens, he likely won't be executed bc it's "cruel & unusual" to execute those with mental deficiencies (I agree with that); however, people like this guy should instantly go in that line bc he's such a raging dickface that there needs to be no chance of his reproducing OR helping in the raising of children. EVER.
[doublepost=1493597704][/doublepost]First one didn't post...I thought... So now you have my thought from last night and this evening! Haha

is.. is she eating a fat stack of twenties?

I wish I could say maybe he didn't know the gun was loaded, or maybe he was pointing it at her jokingly.. but no. This kid knew guns intimately. How does he explain this as an accident? How does he think that's going to hold up?

I hope the family comes to their senses and addresses the issue rather than accepting his bullshit explanation. I mean, yes, he's your son and you love him, but he also killed your daughter..

Back