• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://abc11.com/news/nc-teen-13-arrested-in-sex-assaults-of-two-women/1911918/
[....]
One of the cases was from January when a 24-year-old woman told police she was sexually assaulted on Murrayhill Road near Scaleybark Road in south Charlotte.

The victim told officers she was attacked and then forced to the ground before the sexual assault.

CMPD say the 13-year-old suspect is connected to a sexual assault in an apartment complex laundry room two weeks before the attack on Murrayhill Road.

Police said the 13-year-old was arrested in connection with robberies in February and that DNA from those cases matched the two sexual assault cases.

The teen is being held in a juvenile detention facility.

I hope they do something to make sure this kid is away from civilized folks for a very long time. At his age he knows right from wrong and seemingly he doesn't care, so that makes him very dangerous.

They're not releasing his name, so at this point they're treating it as a juvenile case? I don't think that's appropriate considering the nature of his crimes.

They're not releasing his name, so at this point they're treating it as a juvenile case? I don't think that's appropriate considering the nature of his crimes.

I believe they will have to go to court to try and get him charged as an adult; I don't think it's a decision they can just make on their own.

Ok, we have a 24 year old woman. A 13 year old boy. And sexual assault charges.

We are continuously told by our legal system that no child that age is mentally capable of comprehending the consequences of consenting to sex with an adult. We have concluded as a society that there is no such thing as sex under those circumstances - we are to refer to it as rape, only and always, perpetrated by the legal adult.

So, how could this boy have committed intentional sexual assault?

He is incapable of even consenting to sex. If he can't even consent, how can he have criminal intent in the matter?

In the present legal climate and according to most precedent we are familiar with, the boy can only be a victim.

Of course, that's entirely ridiculous but it is, nonetheless, where we happen to be as a society on the matter. The idea that a 9 year old is considered mature enough to be prosecuted as an adult for violent crime but a 17 year old is not mature enough to consent to sex in many circumstances are pretty much inconsistent enough to be considered diametric or at the very least, oxymoronic.

And, for the record, my personal feelings on the matter are NOT that we all should be trying to reform or weaken age of consent laws, but we do need more consistency. IF we decide a person is incapable of comprehending the consequences of their actions with respect to sex at some arbitrary age, that is the same age below which no one should ever be permitted to be treated or prosecuted as an adult by the criminal justice system.

Unfortunately his reproductive bits have matured many years before his frontal lobes. (Male brains reach full maturity around age 25, according to science.) Since he's been overpowering adult women, I'm guessing he's also built reasonably big for his age.

There's something else going on too, of course. A stable, loving home rarely produces 13 year-old rapists. If convicted, incarceration will protect others for a while, then he'll be back out—more messed up than ever.

13 and raping.
Guess video games never did it for this asshole.

Age be damned it is adult crime.
Identify him and put him away for the rest of his life.
A genuine danger to others and menace to society.

Just sitting here thinking what if the victims have significant others.
What must be going through their minds over this.
The hopeless unavoidable sense of failing a loved one.
Maddening beyond anything ever experienced.
Me I will be honest, I would want him dead, by my own hands.
Nice and slow.

Back