• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/26/ex-iowa-fire-academy-manager-pleads-guilty-in-test-scandal.html
[....]
Former Fire Services Training Bureau certification manager John McPhee pleaded guilty Wednesday to felony misconduct in office. Judge James Malloy scheduled a sentencing hearing for May 24.

Prosecutors and the defense have agreed to recommend a sentence of two years' probation, unspecified restitution and community service for McPhee, 49. Malloy could opt for a different sentence for McPhee, who remains free on bond and faces a maximum of five years in prison.

McPhee, who began at the Ames-based academy in 1998, assigned passing scores to exams without checking or correcting them for years. More than 2,400 firefighters and emergency personnel were granted nationally-recognized certifications despite failing tests.
1493229773698.jpg

assigned passing scores to exams without checking or correcting them for years. More than 2,400 firefighters and emergency personnel were granted nationally-recognized certifications despite failing tests.
I wonder if this was all students or certain ones!?

People have likely died because of this little dick.

I am honestly at a loss as to what should be done to him.
Restitution hardly seems enough considering the ramifications of his laziness and failure to do his job honestly.

Sounds like all. Like he just didn't want to take the time and effort to grade.

I'm feeling like he had to be benefiting in some way...maybe a high passing rate reflected well on him as an instructor? :shrug:
I wonder if anyone ever failed
[doublepost=1493869627,1493869111][/doublepost]Why wouldn't they use a system that can check the tests electronically???

Back