• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
uriel_vega.jpg

DOTM & Baby Killer: Uriel Vega (nice shiner asshole!)

Murder Charges For Man In Death Of 1-Year-Old Girl, Police Say

A man has been charged with murder in the death of a 22mo girl in the Back of Yards , police said.

At 11:22 a.m. Tuesday, officers responded to a call in the 4700 block of South Honore Street and found the baby with visible signs of trauma, said Officer Ana Pacheco, a Chicago Police spokeswoman. The baby was unresponsive and was taken to Holy Cross Hospital.

The baby, identified as Raiylana Vasquez, was pronounced dead at 12:18 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.

At the time, police said they had taken into custody the man who was watching Vasquez at the time of her death.

An investigation showed Vasquez died due to blunt force trauma caused by Uriel Vega, 22, of the 4700 block of South Honore Street, according to a Chicago Police news release.

Vega has been charged with murder, police said.

The boyfriend of the baby's mother was being investigated by the Department of Children and Family Services for allegations of abuse and neglect, a spokeswoman said.

DCFS had prior contact with the family: The mother was indicated for a February case for neglect, but investigations in September 2015 and this August were unfounded, DCFS said.

The baby had three siblings who did not live with the mother, DCFS said.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...s-for-man-death-of-1-year-old-girl-police-say

This whole situation was recipe for tragedy: Mom leaves her baby with her bf, who was already being investigated by DCF for child abuse& neglect-- what did she think would happen?? Considering she's already lost custody of her 3 other children, I'm guessing she just didn't give a shit!
11401507_725586454220208_8823903397760140516_n.jpg

Victim: Raiylana Vasquez
I got this pic of her birth-dad's FB here: https://www.facebook.com/vasquez.popeye

I could never have left a child with this guy. Sadly CPS should have intervened before she was killed. Especially knowing three other kids have been removed from the home.

If she already had three of her children removed, how is it that she was able to be able to keep this little angel. Especially if her penis was already being investigated.

Another tragedy that could've been avoided. Another DCFS fail.

It was a tragedy that could have been prevented if mommy dearest wouldnt of picked a suspected child abuser to babysit

His eye looks like it hurts but looks bad with only one eye bruised.. I think someone needs to make it even. Kill this baby killing bastard

Wow. Lock both their asses up
Rather see them both doing hard labor not laying around getting 3 meals a day.

This baby didn't know any peace in her short life and that is what sucks. That picture of her, with that little smile. How can anyone neglect or beat something so innocent.

If she already had three of her children removed, how is it that she was able to be able to keep this little angel. Especially if her penis was already being investigated.

Another tragedy that could've been avoided. Another DCFS fail.

I'm going to give you 2 answers.
#1 this baby shouldn't have been left with this monster. period.

#2 as far as the mother having her other children removed, (for the life of me, I'm not sure why.) children services can't take the stance that this baby will be in danger based on past history.
They used to then there was some lawsuits and if I remember right, the supreme court saud it is unconstitutional to remove a new child based on abuse to previous children.

Here's the real kick to the gut...

People who abuse animals can be(and a lot are) court ordered to not own any more animals for a peroid of time even life.

But not children.
I have often wondered why animals get that benefit but not children.

I can't say for sure if DCF failed in this case. for sure, the mother failed by leaving her baby with this scum but what do we all expect, the mother is scum.

About DCF in this case, its possible that they didn't know the baby was left in his care.

#2 as far as the mother having her other children removed, (for the life of me, I'm not sure why.) children services can't take the stance that this baby will be in danger based on past history.
They used to then there was some lawsuits and if I remember right, the supreme court saud it is unconstitutional to remove a new child based on abuse to previous children.
Here's the real kick to the gut...
People who abuse animals can be(and a lot are) court ordered to not own any more animals for a peroid of time even life.
But not children.
I have often wondered why animals get that benefit but not children.

That's outrageous. I know in Canada you can actually be flagged in a way so that they can't even show up to a hospital and give birth to their baby without it being taken away from them. I'm not sure what happens then, but I have heard stories of it happening. Canada does do a few things right. I'm not sure if that is even the same situation as this one here...

If this child was alive when she lost her previous children, I'm assuming they would have taken this kid too? Just not quite sure how that came about...

His eye looks like it hurts but looks bad with only one eye bruised.. I think someone needs to make it even. Kill this baby killing bastard

Right? I've always been told that there's no point in even doing a job if you're only going to do it half way... in fact I've lost many a jobs for thinking the day ended at Lunch time lol.

That's incredibly sad. So by law she got the chance to do it again. Well congratulations supreme court, she finally succeeded in getting one of her children killed. Pat yourself on the back.....

That's incredibly sad. So by law she got the chance to do it again. Well congratulations supreme court, she finally succeeded in getting one of her children killed. Pat yourself on the back.....
This is exactly why my bf went from CPS to APS. He's been with social services almost 20 years.
Up until a year ago, he loved his job.
Last year, we were at the salmon festival, we ran into this woman that lost 6 kids. but there she was, with a baby in a stroller and pregnant.
We had that whole discussion about animal abusers (I was an animal control officer for 22 years) and why does a known child abuser get to have more children yet a known animal abuser can be ordered not to own any more animals.
That combined with the realization that he was starting to get second generation cases. he transferred to aps.
Sadly, he says its worse.
:(

We had that whole discussion about animal abusers (I was an animal control officer for 22 years) and why does a known child abuser get to have more children yet a known animal abuser can be ordered not to own any more animals.

I will never understand this. Don't get me wrong. I love animals. My cat is my world. And known animal abuser should never be allowed more of them. But why are we treating animals better than babies? Both are dependent on the humans that they live with. Both are pretty much defenseless. And yet animals have a better chance of being saved. I find this to be absolutely disgusting.

I will never understand this. Don't get me wrong. I love animals. My cat is my world. And known animal abuser should never be allowed more of them. But why are we treating animals better than babies? Both are dependent on the humans that they live with. Both are pretty much defenseless. And yet animals have a better chance of being saved. I find this to be absolutely disgusting.
Even crazier.
Animal cruelty laws were written before child abuse laws.
A blinds eye was turned to child abuse as it was a family matter.

I was looking for updates on the murderer. Nothing new. He's in jail on no bond. But did find more gruesome details.
http://homicides.suntimes.com/2016/...-across-the-room-then-stomped-on-her-stomach/
November 2016

While baby-sitting Raiylana, 22-year-old Uriel Vega pulled the infant off the couch, threw her across the kitchen and into a bedroom, and then stomped on her stomach, Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Jullian Brevard said in court. Vega is charged with first-degree murder.

Raiylana was having trouble breathing and her eyes rolled back after the attack in the the 4700 block of South Honore, Brevard said.

Vega called the girl’s mother to tell her the baby was not breathing, then ran downstairs to tell a neighbor, Brevard said. The neighbor saw the unresponsive child and Vega called 911.

The toddler was taken to Holy Cross Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 12:18 p.m. that day, according to the medical examiner’s office.

An autopsy Wednesday found Raiylana died of trauma to the abdomen. She also had a severed pancreas, lacerated liver, severed arteries and several bruises on her abdomen and cheek, Brevard said.

Vega allegedly admitted to detectives that he hit, pushed and stepped on Raiylana.

Cook County Judge Adam Bourgeois Jr. told Vega in court, “You are a danger.”

[...]
DCFS has had prior contact with the baby’s mother, according to the spokeswoman. Two investigations, one in September 2015 and one in August 2016, proved unfounded. The mother was indicated for neglect in February 2016.

There are three siblings in the family who do not live with the mother, but with another family member who has custody, according to DCFS.

Then a gofundme was set up on the mother's behalf for funeral expenses. A relative of the father said "THIS IS A FAKE FUND THIS IS MY FAMILY AND I CAN ASSURE EVERYONE THAT THIS IS FAKE EVERYTHING IS PAID FOR ALREADY AND DAD IS COLLECTING NO MONEY STOP DONATING"

Last edited:
Back