• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wdrb.com/story/35232182/walmart-greeter-has-broken-hip-after-confronting-shoplifter
CLARKSVILLE, Ind. (WDRB) -- A 75-year-old Walmart greeter has a broken hip after a painful confrontation with a shoplifter.

It happened at the store on Veterans Parkway in Clarksville, Indiana, in late March when Patricia Wilson, a greeter at the store, confronted a man leaving the store with merchandise he didn't pay for.

"He has a cart full, I mean, large merchandise underneath some bathroom tissue," Wilson said. "So, I went over to him and asked for his receipt."
[....]
"He didn't say a word ... he just automatically turned the cart towards me, and I thought he was going to knock me over, so, my instinct was to grab hold," she said.

Wilson said the suspect pulled away, and she took a painful fall.

"I landed on my hip. I couldn't move, I felt like I was paralyzed," Wilson said.

"This happened around 4 in the morning," said Detective Ray Hall, with Clarksville Police.

Hall is trying to identify the shoplifter, and said the suspect is facing more than just a shoplifting charge.

"Since he forcibly took the product from a Walmart employee, he will be charged with strong arm robbery," Hall said.

Police say the suspect left the scene in an older model car.

"It looks like he loaded the computer or the products in the backseat, on the passenger side and then got in on the passenger side as well," Hall said.
[....]
"I would never try to stop him or anything, but I do regret asking for his receipt," Wilson said.

they should have had a set up there where the door person had a walkie and contacted the security people like many walmarts do have. the guy is scum and the actions expected from an atypical shop lifter of this type of stuff from walmart.

They also need to have people that have a bigger stronger presence than old people. Who's gonna try to push past someone who looks like the Rock? The money Wal-Mart saves in theft would pay for him almost immediately.

I'm surprised, too, that WM didn't fire her for stopping him. They have a hands off policy on shoplifters unless you are loss prevention.

When I worked there a middle aged woman was watching the entrance into the garden center, my area, and she asked for the receipt and the shoplifter punched her in the face, she put her hands up to ward him off and touched him, she was nearly fired, for stopping him. Her nose was broken, her glasses were smashed and she spent a night in the hospital.

The only ones allowed to carry walkies are management. Oh yeah and management's pets.

This would never happen at Costco. That place has chain link fence everywhere and reminds me of the detainment camp in Scar Face.
"I would never try to stop him or anything, but I do regret asking for his receipt," Wilson said.
She shouldn't have to regret doing her job ... sad.

I get the idea of a warm friendly face being welcoming.
Nowadays though it has to be more...militant given tthe nature of criminal pigs out there.

Install mantrap airlocks.
Person tries to shoplift and bug out, flip a lockup switch.
Sealed in place til the cops get there.
If they try anything, have access holes for cattle prods to 'calm and pacify' the perps from the safety of outside the cag...er..airlock.

75 yo working at 4 am. Wonder what sad set of circumstances lead to her working at that age and shitty shift.

Walmart in Indiana are open 24 hours?

Because soc sec doesn't pay enough to live on. I'm in the same boat, because I have a house payment. It's okay, though, because I've seen people's health decline pretty rapidly when they retire and adopt a more sedentary lifestyle.

Back