• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
There are no charges against the mother but to me there is something way off.

http://wfla.com/2017/04/24/official-3-year-old-died-after-car-window-closed-on-neck/

Colfax County Attorney Denise Kracl said Monday that 3-year-old Everton Isay Romero Romero was pronounced dead Friday at an Omaha hospital. Kracl says Everton never regained consciousness after the window closed on him April 15 outside a store in Schuyler, where he lived.

She says it’s unclear how the window button was activated in the parked car. Everton’s mom had powered the rear window down. Investigators couldn’t determine how long the window was closed on the boy’s neck.

Kracl says no autopsy was performed because there’s no evidence any law was violated. She says the boy’s mother “acted appropriately the entire time.”

Schuyler is about 60 miles northwest of Omaha.

She acted appropriately the entire time...She acted appropriately the entire time.o_O

:bookworm::bookworm: After further research, this whole story reeks of suspicion. Screw this. I'm goin to bed :night:

So, a 3yo is loose in a parked outside of a store with the windows down, it's not known how long he was caught by the window. So was mom there or not, was the car running while a 3yo is loose in it, was mom in the store shopping while he bounced around the car? So many questions, it doesn't sound all that appropriate to me.

I caught my hand in powered window once - hurt like hell! Always thought car windows should be made like garage doors something bumps into them and they automatically reverse. I can't imagine how long it took the little guy to strangle- where the fuck was mom? 3 years old and alone in a car?

Probably sticking his head out the window and put his knee on the window button. What a terrifying way to go. :(

was the car running while a 3yo is loose in it
It still tells me he was in the car unsupervised:
Both of my vehicles have power windows. And both require an ignition switch position pother than "Off" to activate the windows.

One needs the ignition switch in the "Run" position to activate the windows. The other will activate if the ignition switch is in either the "Acc" or "Run" position.

--Al

That still tells me mama wasn't watching him or he was alone in the car. Still seems hinky to me.
She could have been placing purchases in the trunk, so she couldn't see him. Had the car running or window down so little one wouldn't be hot, and wouldn't be running free in the parking lot. I don't think mom did this on purpose.

She could have been placing purchases in the trunk, so she couldn't see him. Had the car running or window down so little one wouldn't be hot, and wouldn't be running free in the parking lot. I don't think mom did this on purpose.
I always buckle my kid in first

Soen thing doesn't sound right. Devon is 5 and I have always had the window locks on for the backseat. Also in her car seat there is no way she can even reach the window button... In any car that I have had her in.

This tragic situation and outcome makes no sense unless he was unsupervised and unbuckled.

My dog did this to herself once, but I was driving at the time. Scared the shit out of me.
Poor little guy:(

Both of my vehicles have power windows. And both require an ignition switch position pother than "Off" to activate the windows.

One needs the ignition switch in the "Run" position to activate the windows. The other will activate if the ignition switch is in either the "Acc" or "Run" position.

--Al
but those are easy to turn even f the car isn't on they work, she left him in the car and he was an atypical monkey 3 year old. Mine turns to all three positions without a key inserted many do, I wouldn't leave a 3 year old in a car where he would be able to do anything as that age they will

If it was intentional, I doubt she would do it at a public store. She'd probably do it at home.

Isn't it possible for a 3 year old to disengage the locks on a child seat? I have no idea about children, so this is a real question.

The 3.5 year old that I know can operate his seat better than the adults can. It's faster if he does it himself.

My main problem with this is that it would have taken a few minutes, 2-3 minutes to kill him, wouldn't mama have heard him struggling and trying to scream even if she were busy at the back of the car?

I get just dumping him in the car while she put her packages in the back, or whatever, I don't get her not seeing or hearing him struggling with the window choking the life out of him.

The 3.5 year old that I know can operate his seat better than the adults can. It's faster if he does it himself.

My main problem with this is that it would have taken a few minutes, 2-3 minutes to kill him, wouldn't mama have heard him struggling and trying to scream even if she were busy at the back of the car?

I get just dumping him in the car while she put her packages in the back, or whatever, I don't get her not seeing or hearing him struggling with the window choking the life out of him.
If he hit the right part of his neck, he could be out in seconds. Same with adults. Compressing both carotid arteries at the same time would cut all oxygen from the brain instantly, and he would go down with no noise or struggle.

Back