• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Freyjacat

636286317074567756-Saltmarshall.jpg

A 22-year-old man has been charged in the death and sexual assault of an 8-month-old girl from Inkster, who died Sunday.

James Saltmarshall, 22, of Detroit faces charges of felony murder, first-degree child abuse and first-degree criminal sexual conduct, the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said in a news release Monday.

He was arraigned in 22nd District in Inkster and received a $2-million bond, prosecutors said.

Saltmarshall was alone with the the infant at a hotel in the 2600 block of Michigan Avenue while the child's mother went to work on Thursday morning, the prosecutor's office said. Later that day, around 4:20 p.m., he called police and the unresponsive infant was taken to the hospital.

"It is alleged that the defendant killed the child by causing trauma to her head and rectal tearing was observed on the child," prosecutors said.

The little girl was in good health when the mother left for work last week, the release said.

Saltmarshall does not have an attorney yet, a court clerk said. His next court hearing is a probable cause conference on Wednesday.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...4/death-sex-assault-infant-inkster/100842474/

Baby's mom is also on probation for child abuse offenses. Looks like it was the dad that assaulted the baby.

Last edited:
A 22-year-old man has been charged in the death and sexual assault of an 8-month-old girl from Inkster, who died Sunday.

That's not a man. That's not even human. This is the piece of shit I accidentally step on in the yard and then get mad at.

Saltmarshall was alone with the the infant at a hotel in the 2600 block of Michigan Avenue while the child's mother went to work on Thursday morning, the prosecutor's office said.

Show of hands. Anyone surprised by this statement? Anyone? No? Yeah me neither.

I don't understand the pedophile mind on any level but I am especially mystified and horrified by those who look at a baby and see an avenue of sexual gratification. There aren't enough words to describe how evil it is.

I read the article 3 times, where does it say the mother was on probation? A mother should be able to leave her kid with its dad and feel the baby would be safe.

Nasty son of a bitch! Theres no telling what all this baby went through during 8 months with these 2 fuck stains. Death may have been the only escape for this baby. I hope he gets what he deserves.

On a different note, he looks like someone wrapped a bunch a rubber bands around his head and now his head is just kinda fucked up like it is.

I know both he and the mother personally. She has five other kids she doesn't have custody of. Never in a million years would I peg him for this though.
[doublepost=1493109552,1493109303][/doublepost]
I read the article 3 times, where does it say the mother was on probation? A mother should be able to leave her kid with its dad and feel the baby would be safe.
She is on probation for child abuse. https://bailbondcity.com/michigan/midoc-inmate-MORENO/974947

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/250500840-story

FOX 2 talked with the suspect's mother, who says the baby should never have been in her son's care because she claims the baby's mother has had other children taken away from her in the past

Aisha Saltmarshall tells us she warned police, case workers and the state - but, in the end, the system failed her grandchild Janiyah.

On Monday, James Saltmarshall broke down in court.

"Wait, wait, this never happened," he said. "Wait, wait a minute. Can I call my mom, can I please call my mom."

After his outburst, the judge charged him with the murder, child abuse and sexual assault.

Aisha, who had been caring for Janiyah, says last Monday her son and his girlfriend tried to take the baby back. She says she called Detroit police and Child Protective Services, warning them about the potential danger. She says authorities ignored her concerns and officers handed Janiyah to the couple.

"I'm telling you the baby is going to be in harm's way," Aisha said she told police. "Why do you insist on giving her (back) - I don't care if they do have custody papers or whatever any questions you may have, of course they will lie and tell you just the opposite."

Aisha claimed after that, she called every Wayne County agency telling them Janiyah was not safe. And then on Thursday, her worst fears became reality
[doublepost=1493130776,1493129778][/doublepost]what was he crying for?
[doublepost=1493131017][/doublepost]
Left for work last week!? Last week!?

she was at work last week (Thursday) when Janiyah ended up in the hospital... I image her daughter was on life support until Sunday?

"Wait, wait, this never happened," he said. "Wait, wait a minute. Can I call my mom, can I please call my mom."

According to what I just read, I don't think your mama is going to help you much, one of the few who knows you for who you really are. She tried to get that baby taken away from you and she failed and then you showed your true colors and did what she thought you'd do, you killed the baby. Stop crying.

It wasn't in the article. I put a link on the bottom that shows part of her record. My bad for the confusion. Just found it after googling moms name (Zuleika Moreno)...mom is still defending the dad. She was trying to gain custody of her other kids at some point. Has 6 altogether.

He broke down in court and cried for his mommy to come save him? How appropriate. I'm sure that poor little baby cried for mommy ...sick and evil and a little pussy, too!

He broke down in court and cried for his mommy to come save him? How appropriate. I'm sure that poor little baby cried for mommy ...sick and evil and a little pussy, too![/QU
[doublepost=1493159342,1493159252][/doublepost]We need to stop putting the rights of the parents before that of the child. I think in cases were there is a child it should be guilty until proven innocent.

[doublepost=1493159342,1493159252][/doublepost]We need to stop putting the rights of the parents before that of the child. I think in cases were there is a child it should be guilty until proven innocent.
Absolutely, if she lost all the other children, and is on probation, why do they have to wait until the child gets hurt? And when even a person's own mother says they're dangerous, you listen.

Omg she was beautiful. I can't understand how we have a grandmother WARNING the agency responsible for protecting children that this baby was in danger.... And they did NOTHING'

In so tired of hearing this over and over.

:yawn:

I don't understand the pedophile mind on any level but I am especially mystified and horrified by those who look at a baby and see an avenue of sexual gratification. There aren't enough words to describe how evil it is.

I can't even imagine why and what or how a man can do this
IT'S A BABY ....for Christ's Sake"" A Baby""

Saltmarshall was alone with the the infant at a hotel

Anyone else notice how all these horrible things with men and the children occur in hotels? Its always mom boyfriend and shes always gone and they are living in a hotel.

Anyone else notice how all these horrible things with men and the children occur in hotels? Its always mom boyfriend and shes always gone and they are living in a hotel.
But in this case, boyfriend was the kids' dad. So it's not unthinkable a dad should be able to watch his own kid.

Dad_charged_in_murder__sex_assault_of_8__0_3216379_ver1.0.jpg

DETROIT (WJBK) - A Detroit man who was charged earlier this week with the murder and sexual conduct is having his bond lowered at the request of the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.

James Saltmarshall, 22, was charged on Monday with murder, first degree child abuse, and criminal sexual conduct after his 8-month-old girl died at a Detroit area hospital.

Saltmarshall insists that he never hurt the baby girl and even broke down in court crying on Monday. FOX 2 has learned that there may have been a problem with the first round of forensic testing and he's now being freed on a personal bond.

He was originally issued a $2 million cash/surety bond. The terms of that bond require an inmate to post 10% of the bond to get out of jail. The terms of the bond were changed to today to be a $2 million personal bond. That means that Saltmarshall is actually free to leave the jail but will appear in court at all future dates.

Personal bond is also referred to as personal recognizance and is an agreement between both sides that he will appear in court and won't break the law while the personal bond is in force.

The change in bond was actually a request from the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office after Thursday's Preliminary Hearing.

"It's significant that the prosecutor stepped in and said he can be free," his attorney, Lillian Diallo, said.

Saltmarshall must wear a GPS tether and have no contact with children under the age of 17.

According to the Wayne County Prosecutor, Saltmarshall was alone with the girl in a motel in the 2600 block of Michigan in Inkster last Thursday. Officials said the girl's mother went to work that morning and when she left, the baby was in good health.

Related Stories

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/251192739-story

Last edited:
Probably doesn't help that there's people out writing articles like this (accusing the mother of setting up Saltmarshall) when the tests haven't been completed:

http://www.miheadlines.com/2017/04/...-mother-of-baby-girl-killed-in-inkster-motel/

For now, all we know is that she was thoroughly abused and killed. Whether it was him, or the mother -- or both -- is inconsequential to me, as long as they punished for it.

Yes, they are the parents and failed this kid. Who ever did it, both should face consequences.
[doublepost=1493429642,1493411214][/doublepost]https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...sexual-assault-of-8-month-old-girl-in-inkster

DETROIT - Last week, James Lee Saltmarshall, 22, was charged with felony murder, first-degree child abuse and first-degree criminal sexual conduct in connection with the death of his 8-month-old daughter.
Local 4's Koco McAboy spoke with Saltmarshall after he was released from the Wayne County Jail.

When asked about his release, Saltmarshall told Local 4 that a medical examiner had told his lawyer there was no physical damage to his daughter.

“I’ve been told by my lawyer that she took my child out to the medical examiner and they basically said there was no physical damage to my child,” Saltmarshall said.

“I don’t know why people would think I would do that. I’ve been involved with CPS since my daughter was born,” he said.

“So that’s another reason why I don’t think I would do something like that to my child if I have to take my child to CPS almost every week, that really doesn’t make sense but hopefully, we can get to the bottom of it and go from there.”

When asked about the sexual-assault charge against him, he said:

“I was shocked. At the same time, I was told my daughter had passed two or three days prior. That’s why on the news you see me crying frantically and acting that way. I was told that my daughter was deceased and that I was charged with three felonies that I have never seen happen to me, seen only happen on TV, but they put me in jail since last Thursday.”

When asked about the events that took place the day his daughter died, Shaltmarshall responded:

“My daughter suffocated in my arms while I was sleeping, and while she was sleeping. I woke up and realized that my daughter was not breathing and the first thing I did was call the police," he said.

"As soon as the police came, they picked my daughter and put her in the truck for about 20 minutes and took her to the hospital. The cop then rushed me to the hospital."

He continued,

"Once we get to the hospital, they start naming all these different types of injuries that were new to me."

Saltmarshall said he's glad he has been released.

“Finally out, get to be around family and get to actually mourn my daughters death.”

I want the autopsy report. Him being released because of faulty testing is worrying. Either he didn't do anything, or the cops fucked up.

I'm not sure how forensic testing could have fucked up so badly as to accuse someone of sexual assault on a baby but if that's true - and there has to be some compelling evidence for him to go from three felonies to released on his own recognizance - someone (other than him) deserves to be in a whole world of trouble. If mom caused the injuries, which seems to be the implication her, there may still have been stuff he was aware of and didn't act on but that's a world away from raped an 8 month old.

if there was no physical injuries, why did they think she had a head injury and anal tearing? Makes no sense

if there was no physical injuries, why did they think she had a head injury and anal tearing? Makes no sense
Something is fishy. They are either making up evidence against a guilty person, but that might end up getting that guilty person off. Or they are making up evidence against an innocent person so they can keep convictions up or save face. Or somehow the police or lab are just that incompetent. No matter what, it's not good.

What I don't get, is why was his own mother saying that he was a danger to the baby? None of this story makes sense to me. And he said she suffocated in his arms and makes it sound like the paramedics took his daughter away for 20 minutes and raped her or something? Like wtf?

Back