• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/homestead/article146134629.html
[....]
Toni Gillespie-Boykin, 66, a special-ed teacher, had taught at the school for 23 years and was held on a $5,000 bond, WSVN Channel 7 reported. The second-grader’s father told the station the teacher grabbed his daughter by the hair and dragged her.

The incident happened during an argument among students. The parent said Gillespie-Boykin pushed a tray on his daughter. When she pushed back, the teacher allegedly grabbed the student by her hair and dragged her, leading to bruising on her legs and scratches on her face.

“Immediately upon learning about the disturbing allegations, Miami-Dade Schools Police began its investigation. The employee has since been arrested and dismissal procedures have been initiated.
[....]
serveimage

I wonder how many times that happened? stupid kids.
What do you mean?
If an adult pushed something on one of your children, i know you would want them to push it back. I know you raised your kids to be respectful but i also know you raised them to stick up for themselves.
I think the child was in the right pushing the tray back.

If an adult pushed something on one of your children, i know you would want them to push it back.

If my child's teacher pushed a tray in my kids direction and I would expect my kid to take the tray and have some idea of what to do with it next. Not saying the teacher is right .. just wondering what happened and I would totally ask my kid why they didn't take the tray.

If my child's teacher pushed a tray in my kids direction and I would expect my kid to take the tray and have some idea of what to do with it next. Not saying the teacher is right .. just wondering what happened and I would totally ask my kid why they didn't take the tray.
I dont think she was handing her the tray. It says "pushed the tray on her"
The parent said Gillespie-Boykin pushed a tray on his daughter. When she pushed back, the teacher allegedly grabbed the student by her hair and dragged her,
Besides that, even if it was an attemp to hand her the tray and she didnt take it, the reaction from the teacher shouldnt have been to grab the the girl by the hair and drag her around. Sure not the actions i would think a special ed teacher should have.

Last edited:
The permafrown on her sour face is all I need to see to see to know that this bitch is in the wrong profession. Let's face it, she's a classic Ms. Finster.

ff2c47c61ee2d084f387e0c6dd5c9e1e775939fab73db114a9853960c264d955.jpg

I think the teacher was WAY out of line here...but I wonder if it was a "snap" after years of teaching. I have always worked with children- first as a CPS investigator and now in mental health- because I like kids. Kids are awesome, as a rule. :cat:. Truth be told, they are usually smarter than most adults. But 10 or 20 of them at a time? No. Just no. Too many, anyway, but they tend to encourage each other's behaviors, and that is more than I could take. That's exactly why I DIDN'T become a teacher. Just sayin'.

Too many, anyway, but they tend to encourage each other's behaviors, and that is more than I could take. That's exactly why I DIDN'T become a teacher.

They're smart enough to know that you can't catch all of them. And this is exactly why I didn't become a teacher, no patience whatsoever.

Back