• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Whittaker says just a few months ago there was a crash on the same stretch of road and she's working to petition the town to put a stoplight there.

"Not even two months ago they pulled a van out of the water. Ten feet to the left of the accident that just happened," she said. "There has to be a light there. What is it going to take?"

I don't think a light is going to stop accidents when the drivers are DUI. Who's going to obey a light when you're too drunk to pull your girlfriend out of a burning car?

I don't think a light is going to stop accidents when the drivers are DUI. Who's going to obey a light when you're too drunk to pull your girlfriend out of a burning car?

i wouldnt say that he was to drunk to pull her out, you have to remember he to was involved in this very horrific accident as well, and he managed to get out of the car around to her side, and get her door open whille having a broken leg or ankle .... still not ok to drink and drive and i ment a street light the news woman said stop light

Yeah a street light would help immensely, at least they can see what they're about to plow into.

i wouldnt say that he was to drunk to pull her out, you have to remember he to was involved in this very horrific accident as well, and he managed to get out of the car around to her side, and get her door open whille having a broken leg or ankle .... still not ok to drink and drive and i ment a street light the news woman said stop light

Your actions saved this woman's life.
That's good shit! And pretty freaking awesome, if you ask me...<3

Him aside, I'd say you're an amazing lady, your fast thinking and actions saved a person's life, and if I could give you a medal, you'd already be wearing it!
There's a lot of people who would have just stood there staring and wondering what to do, or whipping out their phones and started filming, but you acted without hesitation and got the woman to safety.
If you ever find yourself anywhere in central Florida, please let me know, because dinner and drinks for you and who ever you're traveling with will be on me for an evening.;)
:hattip:

<3
Welcome here!! Stick around with us! We all don't bite. ;)

Also, thank you for helping out in a time of need!

You're awesome.

Usually, we get defenders of the various jerks and scumbags in the stories we post. It's very refreshing to have the rare treat of a visit from one of the heroes. Kudos to you, Mandi!

thank you all for the nice things said... just an update, Vicki was med flown to boston and was told she should have died on impact... here we are a month latter and she is home with an expected full recovery!!!

with that it will at least give the somewhat cognizant ones something to see and maybe break
also very good to see you here Mandi and glad you have courage and common sense! those usually aren't words we use or are deserved to people that come in from one of the stories.

Last edited:
Welcome to our website and thank for helping others.

and he managed to get out of the car around to her side, and get her door open whille having a broken leg or ankle .

Sounds like he did all the hard work. Why are you in the limelight exactly?

There's a lot of people who would have just stood there staring and wondering what to do, or whipping out their phones and started filming

Not many people would do taht actually

Back