• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/31/man-uses-sledgehammer-to-rescue-baby-from-hot-car.html

A quick-thinking retired officer in New Jersey jumped into action after seeing a baby girl crying and sweating profusely inside a locked car, as he said the temperature inside the vehicle soared above 120 degrees.

Steve Eckel, 53, used a sledgehammer to smash through the car's front passenger window at a parking lot in Howell on Monday, police said. They told reporters a second good Samaritan, 30-year-old Sarah Mazzone, carried the 4-month-old girl into an air-conditioned store.

“I do believe in guardian angels, and I think that I’m the one for this child,” Eckel told WCBS. “Her hands were out in the car. She was screaming so loud you could see her eyes rolling back.”

Temperatures outside were in the upper 80s.

Investigators determined the mother, 33-year-old Karen Gruen of Lakewood, had left her baby in the car for about 40 minutes. They talked to her after she approached her car in a panic, asking where her baby was, Eckel said.

Police charged her with child endangerment. It's not known if she has a lawyer.

The baby appeared fine after she cooled down, police added.

Eckel, a retired Middlesex County Sheriff’s Office sergeant, told WCBS his instincts as a dad kicked in when he freed the girl from the car. “I almost started to cry; I felt really emotional at that point.”

Steve Eckel, 53, used a sledgehammer to smash through the car's front passenger window
These people are far to nice. I guarantee if I ever come across a child in a hot car they will lose every window in that vehicle. I'd start with the windshield..oops cant reach baby from here! And after I picked the kid out I'd take out the back window just for good measure. I'm blonde..I'll just play stupid and say I had to keep trying windows until I could reach the child.

So this isnt a case of she forgot its a case of im too fuckin stupid and lazy to bring my baby into shop with me!
Just take away her baby for good!! Some people are too stupid to care for babies

A four month old left in a car seat, cum' roasting pan for forty minuets? Then mom has the nerve to appear all panicked when she approaches the vehicle asking about her baby? Bitch please..... the time you should have showed motherly concern was before you locked your infant in a virtual oven and allowed her to cook for 40 minuets!!

I guess in an effort to hide him from notice,

Or maybe to keep the sun out of his eyes.

I had a blanket over my kid once and there was just this tiny little spot askew and a

little sun beam got in and burned a dime sized hole in his cheek.

He was like two weeks old. Ice and petroleum jelly All day long for that.

I felt like the worst mother.

April 04, 2017

Soo, this bitch is a teacher...

A Lakewood teacher who, police say, left her infant in a hot car covered with a blanket outside a shopping center has entered a pre-trial intervention program and will avoid jail time.

The Asbury Park Press reported that Gruen, a speech therapist at Oak Street Elementary School, was allowed to enter the court diversionary program. Provided she maintains a clean record and successfully completes 100 hours of community service, it will allow her to avoid having a criminal record.

Her lawyer, Steven Secare, told the newspaper that Gruen was dealing with “family and employment pressures” and forgot about the baby.

Gruen has been teaching since the incident, her lawyer told the newspaper.

http://nj1015.com/teacher-who-left-her-baby-in-sweltering-hot-car-wont-serve-any-jail-time/

Her lawyer, Steven Secare, told the newspaper that Gruen was dealing with “family and employment pressures” and forgot about the baby.
She didn't forget to cover it with a blanket. And having a baby guarantees 'dealing with “family and employment pressures”' so if every day life made her forget she left a baby in a car, she should have her tubes tied.

Last edited:
She didn't forget to cover it with a blanket.

Yeah I don't get that. I tend to believe parents make mistakes and truly do forget their babies more often than do so with malice. However, putting a blanket over the baby? Sure sounds like she knew she was leaving the baby.

Yeah I don't get that. I tend to believe parents make mistakes and truly do forget their babies more often than do so with malice. However, putting a blanket over the baby? Sure sounds like she knew she was leaving the baby.
She knew she was leaving the baby in the car but forgot once she was inside shopping. It's a weak excuse.

Back