• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member
2vud5r5.jpg

Justin Johnson

auv8kp.jpg

Justin and daughter

28sxc0k.jpg

Justin's truck, previously owned by his late brother, Jackie, found on the side of a road

rbcdnk.jpg

His brother, Jackie, who was killed a few weeks ago in a motorcycle accident

This went from bad to worse. Justin's disappearance quickly went from a missing person's case to a possible abduction and criminal investigation. Those poor parents, they must be going through a living hell right now. Two sons lost in a matter of weeks?

3/27/17 @ 8:05 a.m.

Investigators and volunteers are continuing the search for a Vanceburg man that hasn't been seen or heard from since Thursday evening.

LEWIS COUNTY, Ky (WSAZ) --Lewis County Sheriff Johnny Bivens says Justin Johnson, 28, was last seen about 8:00 p.m. Thursday at his home on Town Branch in Vanceburg.

Johnson's red Chevrolet S-10 pick-up was found on Lower Twin Branch off McDowell Creek Road, south of Garrison, about 7:30 a.m. Friday.

Bivens said his office was contacted Friday by concerned family members after Johnson failed to return home when he said he would on Thursday night.

Johnson's fiancée, Nichole Gilliam, says Johnson had told her Thursday evening as he was leaving their home that he would return shortly.

"He kissed me and the baby before he left and said he would be back," she said. Gilliam and Johnson have a one-year-old son.

She added that Johnson acted like nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"This baby is his world," she said. Gilliam says she believes Johnson would not voluntarily disappear and not try to make contact with them.

Members of the Kentucky Search Dog Association spent most of the day Sunday with search dogs in the area where Johnson's pick-up was found.

[...]

Johnson is 6'2" tall, 145 pounds with a slender build. He has short brown hair and hadn't shaved for a few days.

He was last seen wearing a black tee-shirt, light blue jeans, dark brown work boots, a camo cap and had a black jacket with him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/27/17 4:45 p.m.

What started over the weekend as a deep woods search for a missing man is now a possible abduction and a criminal investigation.

[...]

The father said his son would not just leave his truck abandoned far from home out Lower Twin Branch Road, and wander into the woods.

Ever since that truck was found Friday night, hundreds have combed miles of Lewis County, KY hills and hollows.

County sheriff Johnny Bivins told us that his relationship with the Johnson family and new evidence discovered Monday turned a missing person search into a criminal case.

Sheriff Bivins said, "I know Mr., Johnson well and I think he would have put 100 percent effort into removing that truck and there are no signs that had happened."

Everyone seemed to know what that truck means to Justin. It belonged to his late brother Jackie Johnson III, just killed in a February motorcycle crash.

Sheriff Bivins told us he's now gathering phone records of people who Justin Johnson talked to before he went missing.

When asked about a possible motive for a possible crime, Bivins said, "That's what we're going to find out today. We're going to see them and hopefully, they are up front.

If not, we will make a trip to the sheriff's office and have a closed door interview."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/27/17 6 p.m.

Deputies are targeting people who may know something about Justin Johnson's disappearance.

Bivens says the sheriff's office plans to speak with those people Monday night. Deputies have questioned some acquaintances before Monday night, but no one could provide information about Johnson's whereabouts.

"I'm not very happy with the close friends that he has, the very close friends he was running with days up to this," Bivens told WSAZ. "You know, you look around and I don't see them, and that aggravates me."

[...]

"I don't know. We may be looking in the wrong area. There's places I'd rather be looking than here," Bivens said. "Knowing Mr. Johnson, it seems the truck very well may have been placed there intentionally."

[...]

It's also becoming increasingly difficult for Johnson's family, who already lost a son weeks ago.

"All we want to find him, no matter what the situation is," Carol Heddleston, Johnson's mom said. "If he's sick, he's hurt, he's dead ... I just want to know. I've got to have closure. My other son just died a month ago and I just really can't do this again ... I really need him back, I really do."

"I'm just like terrified because I don't know ... there's something wrong. Justin's a really responsible boy. He's got a 1-year-old baby, he wouldn't have just took off and left him," Heddleston said. "We just know that there's something wrong."

http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...rch-now-a-criminal-case#.WNmqXEbVXQE.facebook
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Deputies-searching-for-missing-Lewis-County-man-417117713.html
http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/35007837/missing-lewis-county-ky-man-search-now-a-criminal-case

Last edited:
Maybe he had a sordid or criminal side they don't know about or are not admitting. So little info at this time, all options are open.

It's possible. It's suspicious that his close running buddies aren't participating in any searches for him, per the sheriff.

Aww man, if you want to cry check out his facebook. This young man is NOT missing voluntarily.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001652697094&_rdr
[doublepost=1490841478,1490764532][/doublepost]
HUMAN REMAINS FOUND ON LEWIS/CARTER COUNTY LINE

Aww NOO! Please, don't be Justin. I know it probably is, and I realize if it isn't, it's some other family's loved one, but please don't be Justin. This poor family, how much more can they take?

Human remains were found on the Lewis/Carter County line and investigators say they don’t know yet if they belong to a missing Vanceburg man, 28 year old Justin Johnson, according to Lewis County Emergency Management.

The remains were found Wednesday afternoon in a wooded area a short distance from Cooper Ridge Road, according to investigators.

Lewis County Sheriff Johnny Bivens says the discovery was made by two men who were scouting the area for turkeys.

An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday at the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Frankfort.

http://www.wtvq.com/2017/03/29/human-remains-found-lewiscarter-county-line/

I don't know if I've ever heard of a more tragic tale for one family in recent years... The possibility of losing two sons within a few months of each other NOT due to illness? I hope beyond hope that those remains aren't Justin Johnson, but like you said, @Snoods , they belong to someone's loved one, so does that make it any better if it isn't him? :(

@Snoods so far, I've only read REALLY sad updates... I either need to read something abt a serious fuckface who will definitely get beaten within inches of his or her life in jail for the awful things he/she did OR about something RIDICULOUS someone did because they're so goddamned dumb, and I could use the laugh.

To anyone: I'll take suggestions. Note: I prefer to laugh. ;)

Welp, it was Justin. Dead of a gunshot wound. This breaks my heart. On Wednesday, Justin's dad had to be rescued from rushing water when he was searching a lake for his son. Could this get any sadder?

Find the son of a bitches who did this!

RIP Justin.

Missing Lewis County Man Found Dead With Gunshot Wound

Officials have identified the body found on the Lewis/Carter County line Wednesday as that of a missing Lewis County man.

The coroner identified the body as 28-year-old Justin Johnson, who had been missing since March 23.

Deputies got a call around 3:00 p.m. Wednesday. A body had been found by two men who were scouting the area for turkeys.

Sheriff Johnny Bivens said in a press conference Thursday morning that Johnson died of a gunshot wound. Bivens said he believes there is more than one person involved, but he is not releasing a possible motive at this time. Bivens also said during the press conference that he is not certain Johnson's body had been at Cooper Ridge since the time of his disappearance and he doesn't believe that Johnson was shot at Cooper Ridge.

"To the Johnson family, I am deeply sorry for your loss," Bivens said during the press conference. "My office is deeply committed to locating a suspect or suspects. I will be working around the clock in an effort that the person or persons be brought to justice."

Family members and volunteers searched nearby Kinniconick Creek with boats and on horseback on Wednesday for any sign of Johnson.

During the search, two people had to be rescued from the rushing water: Kendall Hyrne and Jackie Lee Johnson II, Justin's father.

http://www.lex18.com/story/35032136/missing-lewis-county-man-found-dead-with-gunshot-wounds

1zxt9ja.jpg

They look like such upstanding citizens!

Two arrested in connection to Justin Johnson's murder

Deputies with the Lewis County sheriff's department arrested 52-year-old Preston Neill Walters and 53-year-old Wince L. Walters Thursday.

[...]

Both men are charged with tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse. Preston Walters is also charged with murder.

Sheriff Johnny Bivens announced the arrests Saturday at a news conference. Bivens says Johnson was killed on a farm on Little Trace Road in the Garrison community.

The sheriff says Preston Walters shot Johnson in the back with a high caliber pistol, and covered his body with leaves.

The sheriff's office says Preston Walters came back with Wince Walters, tried to hide Johnson's body in a creek and later threw the body over an embankment.

Officials say Wince Walters also burned the carpet from the trunk of the vehicle used to move Johnson's body. They say he also burned the boots he was wearing while committing the crime, and burned the plastic Johnson's body was wrapped in.

The sheriff says no motive is currently known.

"They [Neill and Wince Walters] have their theory. We have ours."

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Tw...ion-to-Lewis-County-mans-death-417860213.html

Back