• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
For KALP as they couldn't post it and it is an issue the whole way around. If someone has had a dog they have taken care of for 10 years that has had no issues and that dog is now elderly who the hell s going to storm a house and seize the dog on the assumption it is part wolf? All of this because an unsubstantiated allegation that the dog was acting aggressively. What kind of tweak mentality and agenda is going on here? Those should be the foremost questions in anyone's minds right now and my personal suspicions of various agencies that should be aiding abetting and helping animals both domestic as well as real wildlife is not in the positive note at the moment. Animal control agents have no right to come into your home or on your property to seize an animal that has done nothing. Will have more on ths including my commentary and promises of phone numbers to call to let them know they've earned a douche award
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry..._us_58c9977ee4b0ec9d29d84c85?section=us_crime
A Colorado family is heartbroken after animal control officers seized their dog of 10 years, alleging the canine may be part wolf.

Owning wolf hybrids — a cross between a domestic dog and a wolf — is illegal in the city of Aurora. And if a DNA test finds that Capone — a dog adopted from the county animal shelter by an Aurora family a decade ago — is part wolf, he could be sent away to a wolf hybrid sanctuary or worse, euthanized.

Capone’s owner, Tracy Abbato, told The Denver Channel she’s confident her dog is no wolf. When she adopted him, the shelter classified him as a German shepherd mix, she said.

“Capone is a family member,” Abbato said. “We’ve had him for 10 years. He has grown up with my kids. It’s devastating.”

58c99b861d00001d107cea17.png

KDVR
Capone in a family photo, via KDVR.
Aurora animal protection officers picked up Capone on Feb. 24 after a complaint from a city resident, spokesman Michael Bryant told The Huffington Post. The complaint said the dog was “acting aggressively,” though Bryant was unable to provide specifics.

Abbato said Capone was seized after he “jumped the fence” for the first time in the seven years they’ve lived in their home. She told KDVR that when the family tried to retrieve their pet from the city shelter, animal control refused to return him, saying they believed he could be a wolf hybrid. They won’t return Capone unless a DNA test — now underway at the University of California-Davis — finds that he is not a wolf hybrid.

“Aurora Animal Services ordered a DNA test after its experts observed the animal’s behavior, mannerisms and physical characteristics and believed them to be consistent with those of a wolf hybrid,” Bryant said.

In the meantime, Capone is staying at the Aurora Animal Shelter, away from his human family and two dog companions. Bryant said the family has been able to visit Capone at the shelter.

If the test does find that Capone is part wolf, he won’t be allowed to return home.

“If a judge grants ownership to Aurora Animal Services, the primary goal would be to locate a sanctuary that specializes in such animals and can provide the animal with a new home,” Bryant said. “Euthanasia is considered a last resort.”

Abbatto and her family are planning to ask a judge whether they can keep Capone at home until the results of his DNA test come back. Bryant said a deposition is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon

Last edited:
The family says they have gotten back the test results and Capone does not have an ounce of wolf in him!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/2...-seized-in-colorado-is-not-part-wolf.amp.html
excellent now we really call them up those tests cost bank and that family immediately put it down to save their damn dog the agency deserves to pay and pay hard: he wasn't even seized on an action so much as some bitches allegation of feeling like maybe in some alternate universe they had a right to be afraid of you know, something that could happen

Hark! Who ever reported this family is an asshole. And this is kind of ridiculous, people have been keeping wolves and wolf crosses for as long as dogs ever were. Everyone knows our dog is a Coyote mix ... the vet knows ... the city knows ... He has tags and its on all of his papers Husky/Coyote mixed breed. If any one tried to take him from us ... it would be an over my dead body situation for sure. I'd probably end up with a bail hearing over it.

I hope this doggy is home now ... he better be.

Capone is a cool name for a dog that isn't a pug! Nice job family that named him.
[doublepost=1490058683,1490058402][/doublepost]
had a right to be afraid of you know, something that could happen

I hate it when people cringe at my dog like he is going to bite them or something ... like I would be in so much trouble if he did right so i kind of resent when people get weird like that ... the trouble in my day if he did ... he would never ... but if he did ...head aches all day long. If I thought I had a dog like that I wouldn't walk around with him for sure ... for my own good you know?

Last edited:
That dog looks no more like a wolf than any random german-shepherd cross I've ever seen, and quite a bit less than some.

That is no different from those swat raids based on hinky informants. Considering the dog's history I think they had a lot of nerve challenging the family.

My next door neighbor is one who would make some careless accusation. She put her grandkid's little play set right butt up against the fence claiming it was the only level piece of ground in her yard and then came over to tell us to keep our dogs away from that spot so they wouldn't scratch the wood or scare her grandkid. It's not the child who is afraid, because I caught one of the dogs barking at them one day and the kid was still laughing and playing. It's a wood fence, so they can't even see the fucking dogs.

Btw, any other adults here know how to level a construction? Yes? You're geniuses. My neighbor believes it's rocket science.

(Please insert obligatory apology for personal rant here.)
[doublepost=1490285196,1490101912][/doublepost]http://www.9news.com/life/pets/capone-aurora-dog-wolf-hybrid-accusations/423832222
KUSA - The dog suspected of being part wolf is just a dog – and he’ll be able to go home per an agreement made with the Aurora Municipal Court.
[....]
According to a news release from the city of Aurora, a woman called authorities after she found Capone in her backyard on Feb. 24. The woman said the dog advanced on her and "acted aggressively whenever she tried to enter her yard." Animal control officers say they encountered similar behavior as they attempted to secure the German shepherd lab mix.

Michael Bryant with the Aurora Animal Shelter said officers suspected Capone could be a hybrid based on “experience and behavior.”
[....]
Jennifer Edwards, an attorney and the founder of the Animal Law Center, said DNA test results have since proven Capone is zero percent wolf.

Charges against the family for having an aggressive and exotic animal were dismissed on Wednesday. The Abbato family pleaded guilty to having a dog at large, not having a rabies vaccine and not registering the dog with the city.

Additionally, the court ruled the owners must obtain a city pet license and rabies vaccine for Capone. The city says if the Abbatos are convicted of keeping an aggressive or dangerous animal in the next 12 months, Capone must be surrendered to Aurora Animal Services.

A $1,000 court fee for the case has been suspended, as long as there are no additional violations.

All shelter fees and fines have also been waived, the city said.

The Abbatos will have to build a six-foot privacy fence around their property to replace the three-foot chain link fence previously in place. Until that happens, Capone will either have to be inside or on a leash in the backyard.
[....]

“He doesn’t have an ounce of wolf in him,” [...]

However, there were still a couple of other issues. For one thing, the neighbor who complained about Capone said he was “acting aggressively” toward her in her yard, Aurora Animal Services spokesman Michael Bryant told HuffPost. That allegation, combined with Capone’s escape, led to several charges against his owners.

On Wednesday, Capone’s owners reached an agreement with the city, Bryant said. The city dropped charges of keeping an aggressive animal and keeping an exotic/wild animal. Capone’s owners pleaded guilty to having a dog running at large, not having a dog license and not having up-to-date rabies vaccinations.
That was no compromise.

The cops said the dog was displaying aggressive behavior when they went to seize him, but could that be because they burst in and raided the house!?! My dogs are the nicest you could ever meet, unless they think I'm in trouble. One lady forced her way into my house and they became the most vicious dogs. Snapping and growling and about to bite her until she left. One even chased her outside! But that doesn't make them vicious dogs, it just makes them dogs!

The cops said the dog was displaying aggressive behavior when they went to seize him, but could that be because they burst in and raided the house!?! My dogs are the nicest you could ever meet, unless they think I'm in trouble. One lady forced her way into my house and they became the most vicious dogs. Snapping and growling and about to bite her until she left. One even chased her outside! But that doesn't make them vicious dogs, it just makes them dogs!

If I've understood the story correctly, he was not in his own house, or even his own garden, at the time. He had jumped the fence into the neighbour's(?) garden and was collected from there.

Maybe he was confused and didn't know how to get home?

If I've understood the story correctly, he was not in his own house, or even his own garden, at the time. He had jumped the fence into the neighbour's(?) garden and was collected from there.Maybe he was confused and didn't know how to get home?

I doubt that very much ... I bet its more likely that he was being restrained and couldn't get home even he wanted too. One lady actually took her dog off a leash and used it to restrain my dog, And I knew he wasn't alright because a whistle and holler and we always leave together, I had to back track to find him. I was pissed right off because she made him fucking powerless.

If I've understood the story correctly, he was not in his own house, or even his own garden, at the time. He had jumped the fence into the neighbour's(?) garden and was collected from there.

Maybe he was confused and didn't know how to get home?
She reported him for maybe having wolf (which is stupid anyway, I've known many loving part wolf dogs). Then they came to get him and forcibly took him from his home, where they observed him growling and all that. I think the family should have been better about not letting the dog get out, but sometimes things happen and this seems like the only incident of that. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seemed like the neighbors yard thing prompted her to call, and then they came for the dog at home. Either way, I think this whole thing was unneccessary. They thought he had wolf just because of that behavior? If that was true, every chihuahua I've ever met is part wolf.

Latest posts

Back