• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Going ahead and assuming (yeah, I know) it was Petco's fault due to coincidence.

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/20170327/rispca-investigates-death-of-pug-at-middletown-petco
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. — The R.I. Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is investigating the death last week of a pug left at the Petco in Middletown to get his nails clipped.

RISPCA President E.J. Finocchio said the body of Ollie, a 16-pound, 5- or 6-year-old pug, was sent to Tufts University for a necropsy that he hoped would determine, by the end of the week, how Ollie died.
[....]
Ollie had had his nails clipped many times at that Petco, and he said veterinary records showed the dog had been in good health. Possible causes are a medical crisis or strangulation by the loop that limited his movement on the grooming table, Finocchio said.

Petco had not yet responded to RISPCA requests to interview the two technicians, he said.

A corporate-level statement from Petco said, in part: "Despite public reports to the contrary, the attending vet has confirmed that there was no overt evidence of trauma or neglect...." [....]

Possible causes are a medical crisis or strangulation by the loop that limited his movement on the grooming table,
First of all, anyone that knows shit from apple butter knows that you cant contain a pug by anything around its neck.

Petco had not yet responded to RISPCA requests to interview the two technicians, he said.

A corporate-level statement from Petco said, in part: "Despite public reports to the contrary, the attending vet has confirmed that there was no overt evidence of trauma or neglect...." [....]
These last two quotes sealed it for me.
I will never buy another thing from petco. Never.

Back