• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member

259xx5s.jpg

347v2op.jpg

2czy2p0.jpg

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! :nailbiting::wtf::vomit:

Akbar Salubiro, 25, went missing on Sunday night after setting off to harvest palm oil in a remote village on the island of west Sulawesi, Indonesia.

Concerned friends and relatives found a giant python sprawled out in Akbar's own back garden the next evening - and feared he had been suffocated and swallowed.

Akbar's lifeless body was found inside the serpent after horrified locals sliced open its belly using a 18-inch long hunting knife.

Horrifying footage shows the corpse being slowly removed from the killer reptile as the leathery skin is peeled away.

Neighbour Satriawan - who knew Akbar - said: 'He was found in the location of the garden.

'Initially Akbar set out from his home to go to harvest palm. After not returning to his home, people looked for him.'

Akbar's wife, Munu, was away at the time and only found out when pictures and video emerged in the news, local media reported.

Village secretary Salubiro Junaidi said: 'People had heard cries from the palm grove the night before Akbar was found in the snake's stomach.

'When the snake was captured, the boots Akbar was wearing were clearly visible in the stomach of the snake.

'Resident cut open the belly of the snake and Akbar was lifeless.'

Reticulated pythons are boa constrictors that suffocate their victims before swallowing them whole.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...side-giant-python.html?ito=video_player_click

Holy shit. I can't even form sentences in my mind right now... That is a big snake. A big snake that ate a man. A whole grown man.

This shit for sure, will be causing nightmares. That was a real life horror flick. With a big ass snake.
How fast does that snake crawl or slither or whatever..? Like if u were running from it...
[doublepost=1490753012,1490752414][/doublepost]
Because of their bulk, pythons move by traveling forward in a straight line, which is known as "rectilinear progression.” This is accomplished by stiffening the ribs to provide support, then lifting a set of ventral (on the belly) scales and moving them forward so the loose ends grip the surface, pushing the snake ahead. This type of movement works on the ground as well as in trees. Pythons can’t move very fast though—only about 1 mile per hour (1.6 kilometers per hour) on open ground. But since they don’t have to chase their food, they don’t really need to move quickly.
http://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/python

Holy shit. I can't even form sentences in my mind right now... That is a big snake. A big snake that ate a man. A whole grown man.

This shit for sure, will be causing nightmares. That was a real life horror flick. With a big ass snake.
How fast does that snake crawl or slither or whatever..? Like if u were running from it...

That's what I was wondering, how fast could a python be? SO...I made the mistake of researching it. The following is taken from an article about a python that killed two children:

Is this type of behavior unusual for pythons?

It's very rare that pythons kill humans, but not unheard of. It occasionally happens if the circumstances are just right. Oftentimes, it's just kind of a perfect storm where you get a big hungry snake in close proximity to humans.

But humans are not normally part of these snakes' natural prey.

What species of python are known to kill people?

It's usually reticulated pythons, African rock pythons, and occasionally big Burmese pythons. (It was a reticulated python that killed this man.)

In addition to strangling their prey, do constrictors also bite?

When pythons and boas are killing prey, they use a kind of ambush technique in which they'll jump out at you and strike at you and grab you with their teeth. They'll seize the prey item with their teeth and simultaneously wrap their coil around it and squeeze. And when the victim exhales, that's the time they squeeze a little bit harder to the point where you can't really get a breath anymore.

So it seems the python must have ambushed the man in his backyard that night. The part about when the victim exhales, the snake squeezes a little harder until you can't get a breath anymore? This definitely ranks up there with one of the worst ways to die.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130806-python-strangles-kids-canada-snakes/

That's what I was wondering, how fast could a python be? SO...I made the mistake of researching it. The following is taken from an article about the python that killed two children.

So it seems the python must have ambushed the man in his backyard that night. The part about when the victim exhales, the snake squeezes a little harder until you can't get a breath anymore? This definitely ranks up there with one of the worst ways to die.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130806-python-strangles-kids-canada-snakes/

Nightmares for sure!
Totally hate snakes.
Terrified. Of. Them. Little ones too. Something about the way they slither n their eyes. Eeeeekkkss
and then there's this...

Yeah getting eaten by a big ass snake would be a really bad day! I think id rather be eaten by a big ass snake than a big ass spider though...i hate spiders!

I saw this on FB and firs thought has to be fake, but no - it's real. Makes that movie Anaconda a little less ridiculous now. HAHA

The part about when the victim exhales, the snake squeezes a little harder until you can't get a breath anymore?

WTF. Yikes. Ack! WHY??? WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

So it seems the python must have ambushed the man in his backyard that night. The part about when the victim exhales, the snake squeezes a little harder until you can't get a breath anymore? This definitely ranks up there with one of the worst ways to die

'People had heard cries from the palm grove the night before Akbar was found in the snake's stomach

I was going to say, Akbar was headed out to harvest palm oil. I'm betting the snake was up in a tree and fell on him. Similar to those two kids that got killed a while back when the snake fell from the ceiling. Once the snake fell and scared the daylights out of him, his reaction may have caused the snake to tighten up on him and ultimately constrict him to death. At that point nature takes over and dinner is served.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...om-pet-store-python-kills-two-children.63887/

[doublepost=1490753012,1490752414][/doublepost]
http://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/python
but he was a little man and he wasn't much of a fighter as soon as he saw it and it started wrapping itself around him he shoulda done more than scream. I can see it happening in a river like with an anaconda and can only surmise it did the beef wrap fast and since it was dark coulda already had him suffocating before he realized wtf was happening. I hope he was drunk
[doublepost=1490807922][/doublepost]
That's good to know. About all I have to worry about in Georgia is a little old friendly rattlesnake, or maybe a cotton mouth, they don't ambush.
wrong people have been bringing in pythons and exotic snakes by the droves to Fla, major market for them then they get abandoned when they get too big and the weather and terrain in the south is perfect for them. Florida refuses to stop the traffic because it's profitable but it's starting to cost them over the aftermath clean up now the everglades are filled with them

wrong people have been bringing in pythons and exotic snakes by the droves to Fla, major market for them then they get abandoned when they get too big and the weather and terrain in the south is perfect for them.

There was also a privately owned breeding facility that was damaged during hurricane Andrew which experts speculate caused the release of thousands of burmese pythons in FL in 1992. Depending on where @cubby is in GA, if you get snow, the chances of pythons is slim. You will, however, notice an increase in armadillos.

ETA: the odd snake that appears in the north hasn't been living on its own through the winter.

Depending on where @cubby is in GA, if you get snow, the chances of pythons is slim. You will, however, notice an increase in armadillos.
those little suckers are fast almost broke my neck thinking I could catch a baby armadillo a couple of years ago, it wasn't compromised so there was no rolling up, it was bookin for it's life in it's little mnd and I was thinking of providing it a new home as I think they're cute

But the snake flexed so how ? Impossible.

Snakes use their tail as leverage. A snake this size would easily weigh over a hundred pounds. If it did fall on him, he didn't get up quick.
[doublepost=1490808765,1490808700][/doublepost]
those little suckers are fast almost broke my neck thinking I could catch a baby armadillo a couple of years ago, it wasn't compromised so there was no rolling up, it was bookin for it's life in it's little mnd and I was thinking of providing it a new home as I think they're cute
ACK, don't!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/28/health/28leprosy.html

I'm talking about another scream after the first one. And the whole tightening after the exhale.
I'm guessing there wasn't much of one after the first. That's why neighbors remember the scream in retrospect, but weren't hauling ass over there to check on him during.

West Central Georgia, we don't get a lot of snow but we do get it occasionally, this year tho, we didn't even get winter so we could have a few hiding out somewhere. Still Thomaston is about 400 miles from Orlando Florida. Hopefully they've not migrated that far, tho we have had sightings of alligators and armadillos are pretty much at home here, now.

I have a friend with one. They make good pets. Well, maybe not wild ones...

It ate him! Poor Akbar Salubiro was a 25 year-old palm oil harvester in Indonesia. The father of two was out doing what he did, working away to support his family and himself, when a hungry 23 foot python got a hold of him.

No contest. :(

"The village secretary says Akbar had a wound on his back suggesting he was attacked from behind."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39427458

"[V]illagers 'heard cries from the palm grove,' a village secretary tells the Jakarta Post. A search party found scattered fruit, a tool, and a boot, before coming across a bloated reticulated python, reports the AP."

"Police say Akbar's whole body was found in the snake’s stomach along with his other, well-preserved boot, per the BBC."

http://www.newser.com/story/240487/villagers-find-missing-man-inside-a-python.html

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...n-found-dead-in-belly-of-7m-long-python-.html

Not a fan of snakes...
My Friends snake bit me twice for no reason.
Nasty little bitch:finger: I wanted to feed her to Stinker :)

Why was my gators story merged with this python story? @Morbid and @Subrosa

I just noticed that mixed in there, how strange. Did you report your post?
[doublepost=1490838709,1490838320][/doublepost]
wrong people have been bringing in pythons and exotic snakes by the droves to Fla, major market for them then they get abandoned when they get too big and the weather and terrain in the south is perfect for them. Florida refuses to stop the traffic because it's profitable but it's starting to cost them over the aftermath clean up now the everglades are filled with them

Invasive pythons released in South Florida are thriving and completely destroying the Florida Everglades ecosystem.

Even if the man was already dead he still would have been a tasty snack for the gator.

http://wkrg.com/2016/06/07/large-gator-seen-with-a-mans-body-in-its-mouth-in-lakeland-florida/
different reptles and continents, lol, and I didn't see this until Snoods said something must have just been merged
[doublepost=1490839040,1490838884][/doublepost]
It ate him! Poor Akbar Salubiro was a 25 year-old palm oil harvester in Indonesia. The father of two was out doing what he did, working away to support his family and himself, when a hungry 23 foot python got a hold of him.
my sympathy for the palm workers is mediocre. They terrorize the native villagers, torture and murder the orangutans ad are many general thugs, score one for the animals other than him bein too stuffed to escape

my sympathy for the palm workers is mediocre. They terrorize the native villagers, torture and murder the orangutans ad are many general thugs, score one for the animals other than him bein too stuffed to escape

Really? I didn't know that. Please don't tell me the animal torture stories, I believe you, you are always very well informed. So yeah, if that's the case, one less animal torturer and village terrorist is a plus in my book. Sorry, I'm a heartless bastard when it comes to people who abuse animals.

That is so strange. I had issues this morning trying to merge posts. I'll get it sorted out.

We have a vacation home in Missouri, there are armadillos everywhere.
They carry leprosy. And the only reason I am commenting is because you said they are cute and you tried to catch one.
And I am certain that you don't want leprosy.

Back