• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-fla-man-hugs-fatally-stabs-roommate-who-was-saying-goodbye/

A Florida man is accused of fatally stabbing his roommate when she stopped by his home on Saturday morning to say goodbye before moving back to Pennsylvania where she grew up, according to sheriff’s investigators.

Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies said in an arrest report that Brooke Preston, 21, had recently moved out of the home she’d shared with Randy Herman Jr., 24. Preston hugged Herman, who gave her a T-shirt commemorating the death of a mutual friend. Then, according to deputies, Herman stabbed her repeatedly in the abdomen, back and throat. She also had defensive wounds on her hands.

Herman then drove Preston’s vehicle to a park near West Palm Beach, where he dialed 911, the report said.

“Someone’s been murdered,” Herman told the dispatcher. “Just send the police. It was me. I’m sorry.”

Friends say she had voiced concerns that Herman was acting strange the night before the killing, so much so, she didn’t want to be in the house alone with him, WPEC reports.

According to investigators, Herman texted his mother while waiting at the park for deputies to arrive. He told her he loved her, the report said. When deputies got to the park, Herman told them to go to his house because someone there was badly hurt.

The Palm Beach Post reports Herman was covered in blood and had a cut on the webbing between his left thumb and pointer finger. He also had scratch marks on his chest, investigators wrote in the arrest report.

During questioning by detectives, Herman cried and apologized, the report said. He was arrested and charged with first-degree murder. He’s being held without bond and records don’t list an attorney for him.

Neighbors told the newspaper that the two were not romantically linked.

In February 2015, Herman’s 53-year-old father Randy Herman Sr. was accused of killing his 50-year-old girlfriend Gail Monahan in Hanover Township, Pennsylvania. Two months later, as law enforcement officers closed in on him in Marshall County, Alabama, Herman Sr. was found dead inside a pickup truck. Officials said they also found two handguns missing from the couple’s home and a wallet containing Monahan’s ID.

Like father like son?

Last edited:
What a fucking goof!

@Snoods ... that is such an great book. Listen to yourself ... The hairs that stand up ... the jolts, the tremors, the tingly spine, the feeling of dread in your guts ... all of it speaks to us to keep us alive.

Last edited:
He won't last a year in jail...which is no dang loss to society.
He is a murdering afterbirth just like his old man evidently.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017...who-came-to-say-goodbye/#.WN0fQGfiAo8.twitter
[....]
she stopped by his home on Saturday morning to say goodbye before moving back to Pennsylvania where she grew up, according to sheriff’s investigators.

Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies said in an arrest report that Brooke Preston, 21, had recently moved out of the home she’d shared with Randy Herman Jr., 24. Preston hugged Herman, who gave her a T-shirt commemorating the death of a mutual friend. Then, according to deputies, Herman stabbed her repeatedly in the abdomen, back and throat. She also had defensive wounds on her hands.

Herman then drove Preston’s vehicle to a park near West Palm Beach, where he dialed 911, the report said.

“Someone’s been murdered,” Herman told the dispatcher. “Just send the police. It was me. I’m sorry.”
[....]
Herman was covered in blood and had a cut on the webbing between his left thumb and pointer finger. He also had scratch marks on his chest, investigators wrote in the arrest report.

During questioning by detectives, Herman cried and apologized, the report said. He was arrested and charged with first-degree murder. He’s being held without bond and records don’t list an attorney for him.

Neighbors told the newspaper that the two were not romantically linked.
[....]

Oddly, his father killed his girlfriend in 2015 and then committed suicide.

uhhh... anyone besides me creeped out by the fact that he gives her a tshirt of a dead person, then kills her? maybe he killed the mutual friend too! just saying!
[doublepost=1490908390,1490908320][/doublepost]the two were not romantically linked...maybe this was the problem?

@cubby @Satanica
A man who claimed he was sleepwalking when he stabbed his roommate to death has been sentenced to life in prison.

The Palm Beach Post reports 26-year-old Randy Herman Jr. was convicted Wednesday of first-degree murder and sentenced. Herman argued that he was sleepwalking when he stabbed 21-year-old Brooke Preston more than 20 times at an area home in March 2017.

He testified he had no memory of the attack, just being covered in blood with a knife in his hand.

@Blunderbuss Firozabad I made food but never ate it or watched tv that wasn’t on or cleaned/half cleaned menial shit.. I would think his physical assertion and her response would have woken him up.. my family talking to me eventually woke me up.. dad got to where he would just gently lead me back to bed and I would tell him about a weird dream..
You cleaned?!
You may spend the night at my place any time!
You won't be insulted if I stay in my bedroom, door locked, with all the kitchen knives, will you?

Last edited:
Back