• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member
2zf3jv5.jpg

About 50 Japanese schoolchildren and teachers were said to be at a ski resort near Tokyo when an avalanche struck, injuring many and several feared dead.

Six people were found at the resort 'showing no vital signs', and three are missing, reports Japan's Kyodo news agency.

Two students and one teacher were also injured, according to fire officials, who received the emergency call around 9.20am UTC.

The avalanche hit the Nasu Onsen Family Ski Resort in Tochigi prefecture north of Tokyo Monday morning.

Students from various high schools were participating in a climbing event there that began Saturday and was supposed to conclude around noon Monday, a person connected with one of the participating schools told The Mainichi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ared-dead-avalanche-hits-Japanese-resort.html

I don't ski ... i drink pretty good ... but I'm scared of falling down ... and then falling DOWN.
So ... twice.

My ex was stationed in Germany back in the day and that's pretty much what he said. Oh, he went down the mountain all right! And then had to go back up to get those damned skis! :hilarious:

My husband was stationed in Germany, too. He was not a skiier either, said the only time he tried, he thought he skiied across 2 countries before he got the damn things stopped! LOL

The one and only time I went skiing, my friend and I took the lift to the top of the bunny slope, and then pretty much combo fell/slid down the hill on our butts/crawled all the way down. The ski patrol even came and asked us if we needed help, which we declined. We were laughing so hard but determined to get to the bottom on our own. :hilarious:

The one and only time I went skiing, my friend and I took the lift to the top of the bunny slope, and then pretty much combo fell/slid down the hill on our butts/crawled all the way down. The ski patrol even came and asked us if we needed help, which we declined. We were laughing so hard but determined to get to the bottom on our own. :hilarious:

OMG! Can you imagine having to live down getting rescued from the bunny slope! :hilarious:

OMG! Can you imagine having to live down getting rescued from the bunny slope! :hilarious:

When you put it like that it makes it sound even worse! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:Dying! I can't remember exactly how long it took us to get down the mountain, but it was a long ass time, we were exhausted.

We were pretending like we were lost in the Andes mountains, reaching out to each other when one of use had crawled down the mountain a little ways (I'm going to call it a mountain, not a hill :p), pretending like we were writing our last words to our loved ones before our inevitable deaths, when rescuers would eventually find our frozen corpses. I'm confident we looked like huge imbeciles to everyone zipping past us.

Last edited:
I went skiing one time when I was 14. I went down the bunny slope, hit a tree, my ski popped off and I decided fuck this, and went to the ski lodge for the rest of the day.

I went skiing one time when I was 14. I went down the bunny slope, hit a tree, my ski popped off and I decided fuck this, and went to the ski lodge for the rest of the day.

Perfect day! I like snow snowmobiling though, and I can skate ! So it not like I'm a total wash out for winter sports.

Seven children and a teacher were killed, 40 more injured, including two in serious condition

An avalanche Monday killed seven Japanese high school students and a teacher on a mountain-climbing outing, and injured 40 more.

More than 100 troops were deployed in a major rescue mission after the avalanche hit ski slopes in Tochigi prefecture north of Tokyo.

Television footage showed rescuers climbing the mountainside as ambulances stood by.

A total of 52 students and 11 teachers from seven high schools were on a three-day mountaineering expedition when disaster struck.

[...]

Some 40 people have been injured, including two students in serious condition, the prefectural official said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ared-dead-avalanche-hits-Japanese-resort.html

Back