• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://fox61.com/2017/03/27/girl-badly-burned-by-homemade-slime-graphic-photos/
[....]
Siobhan Quinn was excited when her daughter Kathleen became interested in making and playing with homemade "slime."

“I thought it was great. I encouraged it and bought all the stuff. And then when it was gone, I bought more. She was being a little scientist,” Quinn told WCVB.

But last weekend while Kathleen was at a sleepover, she woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain.
[....]
She took Kathleen to Shriners Hospital where doctors determined the blisters covering her hands were actually second and third-degree burns.

Doctors told Quinn the burns were a result of prolonged exposure to Borax One, one of the main ingredients in homemade slime.

“You just have to really read the packages and know what you're mixing because there are certain things in the home that are just dangerous,” Dr. Megan Hannon said.

Kathleen is expected to make a full recovery.

As a scientist sometimes you get great results and sometimes not. Everything can be a learning experience, chalk this one up to inexperience and next time read ALL the cautions on the packaging.

So, after talking to a bunch of other moms who have kids that are making this slime I have concluded this girl must have been fucking sleeping with it in her hands!

OMG... how much borax did she put in hers? My kid and I JUST made this yesterday. Shit.
Me too! Borax, shaving cream & hand lotion were the main ingredients. We watched a few YouTube videos for the recipe. I've been playing with it like a stress ball- had no idea it could burn!!:eek:

Back