• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
Police arrested William Challberg, 66, on Thursday on suspicion of sex crimes against several victims including a teenager he met in a Phoenix troop and groomed for sexual relations over several months, according to a complaint filed by the victim’s father in 1986.

Charging documents identify at least five victims of sexual abuse in a case against Challberg and his longtime roommate, Julian Mendoza 51, who police arrested as well for alleged sex crimes.

The unnamed victim described in the 1986 Boy Scouts of America complaint is now 45-years-old.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ing-boys-30-years-complaint-article-1.1830262

Hopefully he'll finally have to pay for his crime...if the charges against him are true, he's a truly evil POS. It's assholes like him who give the Boy Scouts a bad name!

And not to make light of the story, but when I read the title, I immediately thought of this :p
south-park-s05e03c07-mr-grazier-16x9.jpg

o_O I think I'd rather my sons be supervised by a couple of normal gay dudes than these freak-of-nature looking child molesters. Definitely giving scouts a bad name, and just one of several reasons my boys never joined.

It sad that stuff like this keeps boys out of Scouting, it can be a very good experience and they can learn some valuable life skills. I was a CUB scout den leader for about 11-12 years, I got my son thru and then stayed in for 7 more years. We had a blast and I wish all boys could have had the positive experience that we had. There is really no way to weed out the bad guys/girls 100%. We encouraged parents to participate and to attend meetings but they didn't, just drop them off and go, glorified babysitters most of the time. Parents becoming more involved will help but nothing will stop it from happening entirely, they are sneaky and devious and the child in this story was about 17 years old so being an involved parents wouldn't have helped much since at 17 you can't go everywhere with them. Just impress on your kids that never, ever be alone with anyone, male or female, that will reduce the chances of bad things happening.

Charging documents identify at least five victims of sexual abuse in a case against Challberg and his longtime roommate, Julian Mendoza 51, who police arrested as well for alleged sex crimes.

So you can't be gay and be a scout leader, but you can be an old man with a longtime male "roommate"? Internal consistency, how does it work?

My 7 year old is a cub scout, reading this shit is scary. But, I know for our area, and I think it goes or is supposed to go for everywhere, the boys aren't left alone with any of the leaders, either myself or my husband has been at EVERY event and that includes all the meetings. I hope that parents realize when they read stories like this that these fucktards aren't what scouting is all like because it's been an amazing experience for my son.

Hopefully he'll finally have to pay for his crime...if the charges against him are true, he's a truly evil POS. It's assholes like him who give the Boy Scouts a bad name!

And not to make light of the story, but when I read the title, I immediately thought of this :p
south-park-s05e03c07-mr-grazier-16x9.jpg

When I was a kid my brothers weren't allowed to join Boy Scouts, and we weren't allowed to buy anything they were selling because they were against gay marriage. Apparently, the leaders aren't against gay pedophilia which makes me sick.

One takes a plea deal, the other one dies.

November 18, 2016

A Phoenix man faces up to nearly five decades in prison after pleading guilty Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court to four counts of sexual conduct with a minor.

As part of a plea deal, Julian Mendoza, 53, admitted to engaging in sexual acts with a 14-year-old boy four times in 2003.

Court records indicate Mendoza initially pleaded not guilty to 10 counts, including sexual conduct with a minor and public sexual indecency, in 2014. He was arrested in June of that year, along with his longtime roommate and former Boy Scout leader William Challberg.

Mendoza will be formally sentenced Jan. 19. He faces 20 to 48 years in prison and lifetime probation following his release, as well as restitution payments to victims and registration as a sex offender.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...enix-man-plea-deal-molestation-case/94097018/

I checked: http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2014-128518

He still hasn't been formally sentenced.

July 16, 2015

The victims and their families who have waited since 1986 for the resolution of a former Phoenix Boy Scout leader's sex abuse case will not get the closure they imagined.

William John Challberg, the main defendant in a sex-crimes case three decades old, died of natural causes at age 67 on June 24, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

Superior Court Judge Nicole Brickner was set to rule on Challberg's mental competency in a hearing Thursday morning in Maricopa County Superior Court, but will instead dismiss the case after obtaining and verifying his death certificate.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...t-leader--sex-abuse-case-dies--jail/30245911/

William John Challberg, the main defendant in a sex-crimes case three decades old, died of natural causes at age 67 on June 24, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
What a shame.
Those victims and their families deserved to hear the word *guilty.

Back