• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Muriel Schwenck

Beloved Curmudgeon
September 2012

LINK

By Sanne Specht
A Medford man will likely spend the rest of his life in prison after a Jackson County jury found him guilty of more than two dozen counts of rape and sodomy perpetrated against his daughter and another young victim.
The case against William Henry Thompson, 50, is one of the most disturbing in memory, according to the prosecutor who spent three days laying out Thompson's twisted path from grooming to raping to methamphetamine addiction to sexual torture.

Jurors late Thursday afternoon returned 26 guilty verdicts — most of which were unanimous.

"I've never see a person whose actions were so degrading," said David Orr, Jackson County deputy district attorney. "Not only to the victims, but also to the human race as a whole. That's how bad it was."

The daughter had already been sexually abused by her stepfather when she began staying with Thompson, Orr said. Thompson's abuse of his own child began when she was about 12 and continued into her high school years, he said.

Telling his daughter she needed to learn how to please herself and boyfriends, Thompson directed her how to perform sexual acts on herself and on props, Orr said.

"He told her she couldn't talk about any of this because society just wouldn't understand," he said.

Thompson coerced his daughter to allow herself to be blindfolded and have intercourse in the cab of his truck with a person he called "Kevin." It was all for her education to learn how to give and receive pleasure, Thompson told the child.

The rapes continued for a long time. She was always blindfolded and told any communication from "Kevin" would be relayed through the father. Eventually Thompson's daughter came to realize "Kevin" was her father.

"She was upset," Orr said. "He apologized for the deception. But not for the rapes. He told the her, 'No one would love her like he did, and he didn't want her to lose her virginity to an a—hole.' "

The sexual abuse continued for years. And Thompson's predilections became even darker, Orr said. The girl was subjected to bondage, beatings and branding. He branded an double "S" for slave on her chest with an iron. He pressed so hard, the letters are hard to decipher. But she showed them to the jury, Orr said.

He forced her to wear a dog collar and crawl after him. Eventually he got her addicted to methamphetamine and prostituted her out to several men while he watched and masturbated, Orr said.

The daughter's friend was drawn into Thompson's web of sexual perversion. The second child's father had committed suicide and her mother was dying, he said.

"He knew exactly who to target," Orr said, adding that Thompson would ply the young teens with alcohol and cigarettes, but would attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings himself.

One night, after returning home from an AA meeting, Thompson realized the girls had been drinking while he wasn't there. He woke the second victim up, put his hand over her mouth and raped her, Orr said.

"The next morning he raped her again. She didn't tell," Orr said.

Thompson continued to sexually abuse the girls. Neither knew the other was being abused because Thompson had them so under his control, Orr said.

The second victim eventually told her story to someone at school. The series of interviews that followed eventually led to Thompson's arrest.

Both victims are now in their early 20s. They each testified on the stand for hours, telling of their experiences before a room filled with strangers, facing direct examination from Orr and a cross-examination from Thompson's defense attorney, Christine Herbert. The young women displayed little emotion while giving their testimony, Orr said.

"It's an uphill battle," Orr said. "Jurors have this notion we'll come in with DNA evidence and a teary-eyed, pig-tailed little girl with red ribbons in her hair. But in the majority of these cases the reporting is years delayed."

A prosecutor's challenge is often not only to build his case, but also to educate the jury about the dynamics of sexual abuse — particularly one that occurs over months and years between an adult and a child, Orr said. Jurors want to know why victims didn't go to authorities immediately, or why they endured the abuse, he said.

"The reasons for delay vary," Orr said. "There is shame, there is fear, there is even sometimes a lack of understanding that something that shouldn't have happened, happened."

Thompson is scheduled for sentencing on Sept. 18 before Judge Tim Barnack on all 26 sexual abuse counts, 14 of which are Measure 11 charges.

LINK

A Medford man was sentenced to 72 years in prison Tuesday for more than than two dozen counts of rape and sodomy perpetrated against his daughter and another young victim.
William Henry Thompson, 50, spoke defiantly before Jackson County Circuit Judge Tim Barnack sentenced him to 870 months, said David Orr, Jackson County deputy district attorney.

"He was defiant until the end," Orr said, adding Thompson refused to sign the sex offender registry. "He called the girls liars, said they were after his possessions, said his attorney didn't do a good job defending him, and he threatened to appeal this conviction."

Thompson's case is one of the most disturbing in memory, said Orr, who spent three days laying out Thompson's twisted path from grooming to rape to methamphetamine addiction to sexual torture.

On Sept. 7, the Jackson County jury that heard the case returned 26 guilty verdicts — 14 of which were for Measure 11 charges, he said.

Thompson's abuse of his daughter began when she was about 12 and continued into her high school years, Orr said.

The daughter's friend also was drawn into Thompson's web of sexual perversion. Neither knew the other was being abused because Thompson had them so under his control, Orr said.

The second victim eventually told her story to someone at school. The series of interviews that followed eventually led to Thompson's arrest.

Both victims are now in their early 20s. They each testified on the stand for hours, telling of their experiences before a room filled with strangers, facing direct examination from Orr and a cross-examination from Thompson's defense attorney, Christine Herbert.

Orr said there are at least two other victims who have come forward alleging Thompson abused them. But they did not want to testify, he said.

Barnack praised the two women for having the courage to come forward. The judge told them "they have value as human beings," Orr said. "He urged them to go on with their lives and be happy."

At Tuesday's sentencing, the second victim did not speak. But Thompson's daughter spoke directly to her father in a halting voice and through tears, Orr said.

"She said 'I love you. But I hate you,' " Orr said.

Inmate Info:
http://docpub.state.or.us/OOS/searchCriteria.jsf

Oregon Offender Search
Public Information (Last Updated: 03/23/2017 18:50:40)
imageLoader.jsp

SID# 8866496
Offender Name: Thompson, William
Height: 5' 11''
Weight: 225 lbs
DOB: 10/1961
Race: White Or European Origin
Hair: Grey
Eyes: Blue
Caseload: 11005
Institution Admission Date 09/27/2012
Earliest Release Date: 11/15/2083

Docket Number County Crime Sentence Type Begin Date Termination Date
Oregon Offender Search
Public Information (Last Updated: 03/23/2017 18:50:40)
Inmate Photo
SID# 8866496
Offender Name: Thompson, William
Height: 5' 11''
Weight: 225 lbs
DOB: 10/1961
Race: White Or European Origin
Hair: Grey
Eyes: Blue
Caseload: 11005 Galemore, Matt
Institution Admission Date 09/27/2012
Earliest Release Date: 11/15/2083

Docket Number Crime Sentence Type Begin Date Termination Date
112376FE/01 RAPE I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/02 SEX ABUSE 1 NEW Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/03 SEX ABUSE 1 NEW Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/12 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/13 RAPE I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/14 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/15 RAPE I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/17 RAPE I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/19 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/20 RAPE I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/21 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/22 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/23 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/24 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/25 RAPE I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/26 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/27 SODOMY I Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -
-
112376FE/28 PROSTITUTION COMPELLING Inmate Sentence 09/27/2012 -

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he's way way way lower on the totem than an asshole.
reading this today made me almost lose everything I'd just ate. It's incomprehensible the levels of pervs out there at least he finally got what he deserved but he has probably permanently ruined at least two girls lives in the process.

What a piece of shit ... it says her step father. I wonder where her mom was when all of this was happening?

This was her father she came to live with him after the step father abused her. Her mom sure knows how to pick 'em.

Poor girl I hope at some point she is able to overcome her childhood and have a peaceful life.

Maybe he was misquoted or misspoke. What he meant to say was "I wanted her to lose her virginity to an asshole.", not that he didn't.

I hope this mother fucker gets flesh eating strep in prison, I hope starts in his asshole and rots his dick clean off.
But not before Bubba gives his ass a good pounding and sells him to everyone in the cell block.

Back