• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2vtzln5.jpg

Taylor Kelly​
An 18-year-old South Carolina woman has been charged with involuntary manslaughter for firing a gun at a friend who asked her to shoot him.

Taylor Ann Kelly allegedly obliged the request of friend Blake Wardell, who told the young woman to shoot him after he pulled on a flack vest.

Deputy coroner Don McCowan said Wardell bled to death after the bullet hit an unprotected part of his chest,
[...]
Kelly and Wardell were hanging out with eight to 10 people at a rural house when they decided that putting on a bullet-proof vest and having someone shoot at the wearer was a good idea.

Friends and emergency workers performed CPR on Wardell, who was lying in the garage, but to no avail.

There did not seem to be excessive alcohol or drug abuse,
[....]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...k-vest-telling-friend-shoot-article-1.1792628
zn3fuo.jpg
The Anderson County Sheriff's Office said a woman has been charged after a man died when a bullet missed the protective vest he was wearing when he asked a friend to shoot him.

Anderson County deputies said they received a call at 2:41 a.m. from a home on Broadmouth Church Road and arrived to find the victim lying in the garage area of a home with a single gunshot wound to the chest.

People at the scene performed CPR on the man, and paramedics were called before the coroner was called to the scene, deputies said.

Deputy coroner Don McCown said the victim, 26-year-old Blake Wardell, bled to death after he was shot in the chest.

McCown said Wardell and about eight to 10 friends were hanging out at the home when they decided to try on a bulletproof vest and have someone shoot them.

Wardell wore the vest but the shooter missed the Kevlar, hitting him in the chest, McCown said.

McCown said Wardell's death is classified as a homicide. He said there was no evidence of heavy alcohol or drug use.

Lt. Sheila Cole said 18-year-old Taylor Ann Kelly has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the shooting.

According to Cole, a person convicted of the charge may face up to 5 years in prison.

Kelly is being held at the Anderson County Detention Center. Her bond was set at $10,000.
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/25511657/coroner-responds-to-honea-path-shooting

Whoever she kissing on looking dirty as the fuck. Ugh he need a bath ol greasy ass looking ball of grease.
Was he the one she shot?

I may be 30 and out of the youngest fb generation, but to have 4,994 friends?!? In Anderson (hint, rural) SC for that matter? I bet she personally knows about 30 of them.

Oh and yea, if I were this girl's mother/aunt/gma, etc...I'd be so proud of all those pictures. She looks like such an angel.

This has actually happened in my parents' house. My Dad bought my oldest an BB gun and handed it to my Mom and asked her to shoot him so he could see if it hurt. Close range, BB in the belly. Yep, that's how I was raised.

Is there such a thing as "suicide by stupid friend"? I feel like this qualifies. sure she shot him but the dead guy is at least as much to blame for his own death, if not more so.

EDIT: Re-reading this article, I wonder if they're all far stupider than they originally seemed. a flack vest or jacket is not necessarily meant to protect against bullets, it's for protection against things that are lower velocity, like landmine fragments and such. If he put on a flak jacket and expected it to be a bulletproof vest, he and a box of rocks may have an IQ in common. The question is though, did he put on a Flak Jacket or a bulletproof vest? the two articles say two different things.

Last edited:
http://www.wyff4.com/article/coroner-man-wearing-bulletproof-vest-says-shoot-me-is-killed/7008837
[....]
Taylor Ann Kelly was originally charged with involuntary manslaughter in the case but deputies said she is now charged with accessory after the fact of a felony.

Deputies said Kelly admitted she was not truthful in her original statement and evidence confirms her admission and implicates another man who is now charged.
25979666-25979666.jpg

Timothy Fisher, 25, is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the case, according to deputies.
[....]
26011772-26011772.jpg

[....]
Anderson County Deputy Coroner Don McCown said Blake Randall Wardell was hanging around with some other people in a garage at that location when he put on a bulletproof vest they had found.

Wardell asked someone to shoot him, according to McCown.

Wardell was shot with a small-caliber weapon and the shot went above the Kevlar of the vest and into Wardell’s heart, killing him, McCown said.
[....]

Back