• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenint...on-bill-says-rape-and-incest-are-will-of-god/
screenshot-95.png

Oklahoma State Representative George Faught, the author of a controversial bill that would make it illegal in the state to pursue an abortion in the case of a genetic abnormality, made a powerful and potentially disturbing declaration of faith during questioning about the bill on the floor of the Oklahoma House on Tuesday. Asked by fellow state Representative Cory Williams about whether he considered rape to be the “will of God,” [....]

“Well, you know, if you read the Bible, there’s actually a couple circumstances where that happened,” said Faught. “The Lord uses all circumstances. I mean, you can go down that path, but it’s a reality unfortunately.”

Williams then asked Faught whether he considered incest to be the “will of God” as well.

“Same answer,” said Faught. “Doesn’t deal with this bill.”
[....]
Faught’s religious beliefs on the matter were important to his proposed anti-abortion bill, since the law as written would provide no exceptions to women in cases of rape or incest.

“You are proffering a divine intervention as the reason why you won’t do that and so I think it is very important,” said Williams. “This body wants to know — and myself personally — whether you believe rape and incest are actually the will of God.”

“You’re saying that God is not sovereign with every activity that happens in someone’s life and can’t use anything and everything in someone’s life,” responded Faught. “I disagree with that.”
[....]

What a whack job ... i support the policy of restricting abortions because I think abortions and access to them is being abused. Men and women need to be more responsible for their sexual health but this guy is an idiot.

When men get pregnant, THEN they have the right to comment on abortion. Even if the baby daddy wants the baby...It's her body her choice.
If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.

I don't like abortion;I hate it, I want it to be the RAREST procedure ever performed.

Latest posts

Back