• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://katv.com/news/nation-world/l...theyre-asked-to-leave-store-for-carrying-guns
[....]
Courtney Mason and her boyfriend Mitchell Register said they both have CCW licenses and never carry in stores that have posted signs that say no guns allowed, but they said Costco had no signs and violated their rights by asking them to leave.

"Some people are saying why would you even need a gun in Costco, well why would you need one in a church, or in a movie theater," said Mason.
[....]
"Usually I try to conceal my weapon but if I'm not having the clothes that allow it that day I'll go ahead and open carry because it's legal in Ohio," she said.
[....]
"We won't carry if there's a no gun sign on the door," Mason said, "we looked outside we checked all the doors all the entrances there was no sign."

Mason said after shopping for a few minutes she and her boyfriend were approached by two employees.

"I noticed that you're open carrying would you mind covering that up because a couple of customers have complained it's made them nervous,"[....]

she and her boyfriend complied, but because they hadn't dressed to conceal of their guns were still showing.

She said a few minutes later a manager confronted them, but Mason explained they didn't see any posted signs banning firearms.

"They said we either need to conceal it or leave," Mason said.

After explaining their legal right to open carry, Mason said she and boyfriend Mitchell Register decided not to fight and left the store right away but said they would not be back.

[....]
got in touch with Costco who she said emailed her a link to a policy included in membership paperwork.

The policy reads, "Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorize law enforcement officers."

But Mason said the store handled it all wrong and she wants changes made.

"If they actually had a no firearms policy then they should have said that instead of blame it on the customers," Mason said, "I want Costco first of all to start putting up signs, I want them to take action. If they don't want firearms in their store they need to make that evident."
[....]

another fit being pitched over something trivial. After being asked to cover up they should have or if not possible left, put it in the car and come back, but they are all butt hurt because their rights, in the media raising hell, when there are far more important things to fuss about.

All day everyday there is somebody bitching about something if they don't get their way. I'm no a big fan of the slippery slope but damn! folks, get a fucking grip! Save your outrage for something that is outrageous.

I know I am just immune to it, it just rolls off me, I can't separate the wheat from the chaff anymore and the media is not helping at all, in fact they are fanning the outrage.

I agree, if it's an open carry state the store needs to post. I'd be pissed if I made time to go shopping and was asked to leave
No reason to have cover up available if it's open carry state and they have a CCW anyhow

"I noticed that you're open carrying would you mind covering that up because a couple of customers have complained it's made them nervous,"

If Costco had just had that sign, management wouldn't be put in this position and neither would the customers.

Sorry for the screenshot, I'm on my phone. Costco is certainly within their rights to prohibit carrying on their premises, but they need to post that prominently, if so.

From the OH CCW info linked at the bottom of the article:
jK7EwVr.jpg

You can't just say, "Oh it's in the membership rules." How are people that come in as guests of members
supposed to know it's forbidden?

Back