• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/2-investi...p-in-controversial-police-shootings/498379616
[....]
It’s called a gun shield camera and it is designed to show the view point of an officer’s gun.

The small camera fits on the rail under a barrel normally used for flashlights and other devices.

The camera is activated every time it’s pulled out of the holster. It automatically notifies nearby officers and sends a video.

Gun shield camera creator Max Kramer told us the camera could save lives.
[....]
Kramer gave Channel 2's Tony Thomas a demonstration at a gun range near his Palm Beach, Florida headquarters. Every time his Glock is pulled from the holster, the camera activates and records exactly where the weapon is pointed. The camera is WIFI and Bluetooth connected and can send its location to commanders and nearby officers, alerting them of the situation.

The demo video is at the link.

Gun shield camera creator Max Kramer told us the camera could save lives.

Did I misread the article? How could it save lives? Sounds like it is more about holding police accountable than saving lives. These shootings happen so fast, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that a cop will think "Oh crap! Camera... can't execute em" in the heat of the moment. Nor would nearby officers have any time to intervene any how. I'm not saying cops don't ever shoot these suspects unlawfully- of course it happens.

That said, as a cop in situations where being hesitant could cost the cop their life, I think it's unfair to try and tack on anything else to their sub conscious. I'm sick of this narrative that cops are just murderers going around looking to murder people. People with those intentions, wind up being chased by the police... it's logic.

Don't mistake that for me not thinking there are any dirty cops, there's waaaaay more than there should be. That said, ANYTIME you are resisting arrest, you are putting that cops life in danger because they have a gun. As a cop, you'd much rather shoot before it becomes a struggle for your gun, and ANY form of resistance, makes that a very real possibility.

#CopsBeforeCrooks

Last edited:
Right because camera's are never obscured !

LE organisations need to scrutinise their cops a little better in a different direction.

Back