• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
:( This is in my neck of the woods.

Investigators say a child has died after being left in a hot car all day outside a Brandon shopping center on Tuesday.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said the incident occurred at 731 Lumsden Road West in Brandon.

The investigators told News Channel 8 the child was left unattended since this morning.

“What we understand is that about 9 o’clock this morning, a relative parked here in the parking lot and in the interim, left a two-year-old boy inside the vehicle, locked, without the engine running, and without the air conditioning,” Larry McKinnon, spokesperson for the sheriff’s office, said.

McKinnon said the relative came back out around 2:30 p.m. and found she had left the child in the car. Officials identified the woman as the boy’s half-sister.

She was identified as Fiorella Silva-Tello, 21. Officials said she arrived for work at the BFF Kidz Child Care Center with her half brother, two-year-old Jacob Manchego.

Silva-Tello went inside her place of employment and left the child unattended in the vehicle.

Silva-Tello was upset and distraught and brought Manchego into the dialysis center seeking medical aid. Medical personnel inside the facility attempted to render aid until fire rescue arrived.

“Right now, we have that relative in custody, interviewing her,” McKinnon said. “Trying to find the parents. Conducting a criminal investigation.”

Detectives are currently interviewing the woman and any other potential witnesses, along with gathering any physical evidence.

No charges have been filed pending further investigation and review by the Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office. Investigators will be reviewing prior history of the child, including all calls for service made to his home.

Manchego was transported to Brandon Regional Hospital, where he died.

http://wfla.com/2017/02/28/investigators-on-scene-after-child-left-in-hot-car-in-brandon/

She was identified as Fiorella Silva-Tello, 21. Officials said she arrived for work at the BFF Kidz Child Care Center with her half brother, two-year-old Jacob Manchego.

Silva-Tello went inside her place of employment and left the child unattended in the vehicle.

FAIL. Failfailfailfailfailfail.

You went to work to look after children AND FORGOT THE ONE YOU BROUGHT WITH YOU.

I don't understand it. We just decided to try out the local Mexican restaurant (Taco Tuesdays - $1 tacos, woo!). And we debated leaving some sour cream in the car, or whether we should drop it off at the house first.

And that's a tub of fucking sour cream. Totally expendable and replaceable.

I'm really not buying these people forgetting kids in the car, with this one how the hell do you forget a kid if you are working with them? Why was she having to take care of a child old enough to be her own where was her mother?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/2...hot-car-in-florida-for-more-than-5-hours.html

The toddler left alone in a car at a shopping center on Lumsden Road in Brandon Tuesday has died, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

HCSO said the little boy, who they estimate to be 2-years-old, was in the care of his half sister, who worked at a day care center in the shopping center

The boy had been left in the car since Tuesday morning.

The boy's half sister parked at the shopping center where she worked around 9 a.m. Around 2:30 p.m., she came out to the car to find her half brother in the car. She took him to a nearby dialysis center, in hopes they could give medical aide.

HCSO said the boy was unconscious. Dialysis center workers tried to help the child until fire rescue personnel arrived and took him to Brandon hospital, where he later died.

Deputies said the boy's half sister was very upset. They were still trying to track down the child's parents.

We have been having record heat in the Southeast for weeks, it was about 75 here in Middle Georgia yesterday. In Brandon today it will be 86, probably about same yesterday. She worked at the daycare, how could she forget?

My kiddo stays with her half sister a couple of times a month. That's her dad's adult daughter and she has got close to her dad's family since he moved away. I'm not involved with his family though, never was, so though they're nice enough people I often take an extra shift at work while she's there. So there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation for why the little one was with the half sister, especially since she worked at a day care. Free babysitting maybe.

According to that article, Jacob and his half sister lived with her mother and other siblings. Doesn't say anything about either of his bio parents. That would make it even more likely she would be a regular caregiver for him. I interviewed for a few day care jobs and they all offered deeply discounted rates for employees. Does beg the question why wasn't he living with his own mom though.

According to that article, Jacob and his half sister lived with her mother and other siblings. Doesn't say anything about either of his bio parents. That would make it even more likely she would be a regular caregiver for him. I interviewed for a few day care jobs and they all offered deeply discounted rates for employees. Does beg the question why wasn't he living with his own mom though.

Well, it could be that the mother is the parent they have in common. I haven't seen anything that definitively states the relationships one way or the other.

I am ashamed to admit I forgot my daughter in the car once. She was a few weeks old and I was exhausted. I go in and I am like nap time. Nurse Jenny and OH SHIT WTF.... I feel horrible about that whole 2 minutes. I understand how it could happen for a few minutes in early day exhaustion, but these assholes who forget for a period of time to cause damage... You must not watch your kids very well. And if you got a toddler that is not up your butt or making some kind of noise then they are up to no good. How could you not notice your child missing when you forget them in a car???

Back