• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
rtm349.jpg

A man accused of stashing the gunshot-riddled body of his ex-mistress in a Colorado Springs storage unit before trying to flee to Hong Kong has an attorney befitting those made-for-TV allegations.

James Takchuan Woo has hired Jose Baez, the Miami defense attorney who led the charge to win a 2011 acquittal for Casey Anthony in what TIME magazine called "the social media trial of the century."

An attorney from Baez's Miami law firm appeared by telephone Friday on Woo's behalf in 4th Judicial District Court.

Baez, who wasn't available because of a pending case in Boston, will be lead counsel at Woo's upcoming trial, scheduled for May 15, said Michelle Medina, an attorney who works at the Baez Law Firm, with offices in Miami and Orlando. With less than three months to prepare, he is likely to request a trial postponement.

Out-of-state attorneys must pair up with a Colorado attorney in order to receive authorization from the Colorado State Supreme Court to practice in court here. Baez will be working with Richard Bednarski of Colorado Springs, Medina said. Woo, 39, who lives with his wife in San Francisco, faces first-degree murder and other charges in the death of Julie Tureson of Colorado Springs.

Investigators responding to a missing person's report lodged by one of Tureson's four children found her body April 22 handcuffed to her van inside a unit at The Public Storage in the 4400 block of East Platte Avenue.

Tureson had seven gunshot wounds, an El Paso County sheriff's detective testified at a September hearing. She was covered in a white sheet, and containers of sweet-smelling fluid were set out in an apparent bid to disguise the odor of her body.

Within hours of their grisly discovery, investigators tracked Woo to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and arrested him as he awaited a flight to Hong Kong. Woo was extradited from Seattle in June.

Woo and Tureson were together for three years before they broke up in early April, court records said.

People who knew the couple told authorities that Woo paid Tureson thousands of dollars a month to be his companion. El Paso County sheriff's spokeswoman Jacqueline Kirby previously said Woo is known to frequent Tinder, a popular dating app, and issued a call for women who might have interacted with him.

Woo was previously represented by court-appointed attorneys from the Colorado Springs Public Defender's Office, but he fired them after persistent reports of attorney-client conflict. How he qualified for free legal assistance before hiring an out-of-state attorney with brand-name recognition isn't clear.

"Somebody who has a national reputation in the criminal defense community probably comes at a very, very high cost," said defense attorney Shimon Kohn of Colorado Springs.

A top Colorado defense team is likely to charge upwards of $250,000 for a complex first-degree murder case. Hiring someone with a national brand - and paying travel expenses - would quickly ratchet up the tab, attorneys say.

"Obviously, he has some money," Colorado Springs attorney Ed Farry said of Woo, estimating the contract could be worth up to $500,000.

Baez, a former Florida public defender, rose to fame in the Anthony case as the combative showman leading a defense few thought could be successful. He opened his remarks at trial by admitting Anthony had long been deceptive about the disappearance of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee - and won by pursuing a strategy to shift suspicion to Anthony's father.

"After I heard 'not guilty,' I had a moment,'' Baez told ABC's Barbara Walters during a media blitz in the wake of the acquittal. "I thought, 'My life is going to start to change.'"

How a star attorney ends up playing before an El Paso County jury remains to be seen.

"Some of them are going to have to recognize his name," Kohn said. "But I don't know what impact that would have on them."

Woo is expected to return to court March 17 for a motions hearings, but Medina hinted at a request for a continuance, saying Baez will be in a double-murder trial in Boston at that time.
http://m.gazette.com/colorado-sprin...asey-anthony-defense-attorney/article/1597586

Screw Baez. Baby-killer-defending asshole is exactly the same type of trash as his clients. Glad the money makes him happy, cuz he will burn in hell for his exploits. Screw him.

Screw Baez. Baby-killer-defending asshole is exactly the same type of trash as his clients. Glad the money makes him happy, cuz he will burn in hell for his exploits. Screw him.

He's just doing his job.

"So.... didja do it?"

"No way, Jose!"

I assume you hold OJ's defense team in the same contempt and
Hillary Clinton--then Hillary Rodham--took on a case in which she defended Thomas Alfred Taylor, a man accused of raping 12-year-old Kathy Shelton.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/9852/4-things-you-need-know-about-hillarys-defense-frank-camp

He's just doing his job.

"So.... didja do it?"

"No way, Jose!"[/QUOTE]

Uh-huh. You just proved my point for me. He's an immoral piece of shit who will do anything for a buck. That's his "job". That's why I'm not a lawyer. I don't have the constitution to make it my life's work to set evil people free because "it's my job". He can be rich...I prefer to have a clean conscience.

He's just doing his job.

"So.... didja do it?"

"No way, Jose!"

Uh-huh. You just proved my point for me. He's an immoral piece of shit who will do anything for a buck. That's his "job". That's why I'm not a lawyer. I don't have the constitution to make it my life's work to set evil people free because "it's my job". He can be rich...I prefer to have a clean conscience.[/QUOTE]

You can't be a lawyer with that mindset. Hence why he's a lawyer and you are not.

All of you excited about Jose Baez the accomplished lawyer ... none of you caring too much about the woman handcuffed to her mini van ... and shot to death inside of a storage locker. Or this married asshole that murdered her at all ... HARK!

All of you excited about Jose Baez the accomplished lawyer ... none of you caring too much about the woman handcuffed to her mini van ... and shot to death inside of a storage locker. Or this married asshole that murdered her at all ... HARK!
Hark harker harky harkerson....

This dickless twit does not get the barest basics of paying a mistress.
You just cut her dough off.
If she rats you out to your wife well, you brought it on yourself.
The money he will blow on lawyer, half of that could have silenced the mistress and set her up for life.
No one dies, no issues.

or...

He could have stuck to online dating, using a fake name and take his chances.

or...

Call girls.
Pay them to leave.
Simple.

My real takeaway from this is how much of a tool he is for wrong choices and having to get women with money.
Just admit to being a loser and take up a hobby.

[

this man killed my mother
and i seek justice for his actions
[doublepost=1517325691,1517325525][/doublepost]james's atterny is so stupid omg he pick every straw to basicly make me feel stupid
[doublepost=1517325837][/doublepost]if someone is curios and whats aswers im the womens son the 14 year old now 16 and who recently testified
[doublepost=1517326089][/doublepost]
ROFL! Yeah. Just...yeah.
fuck that aterny when i testified he did his best to make me feel stupid ya geus who
[doublepost=1517326258][/doublepost]my mother was murdered with jelousy by james woo and that night was the last i saw here
[doublepost=1517326335][/doublepost]i hope this a place i can speak free and get help

[

[doublepost=1517325691,1517325525][/doublepost]james's atterny is so stupid omg he pick every straw to basicly make me feel stupid
[doublepost=1517325837][/doublepost]if someone is curios and whats aswers im the womens son the 14 year old now 16 and who recently testified
fuck that aterny when i testified he did his best to make me feel stupid ya geus who
[doublepost=1517326258][/doublepost]my mother was murdered with jelousy by james woo and that night was the last i saw here
[doublepost=1517326335][/doublepost]i hope this a place i can speak free and get help
My only concern is that you're still under 18 and really shouldn't be here, however... we CARE about you.
Dump all your feelings here. We'll listen

[

Of course you can speak freely here ..
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom ..

Back