• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.waow.com/story/34583195/2017/02/23/fed-up-father-shoots-son-over-drug-use-warrant-says
[....]
According to a search warrant detailing the Feb. 15 incident inside the home on 122nd Street, the 27-year-old son lives with his parents and ate dinner in his own room. When the father finished eating, he walked by and saw his son "shooting up" with what he believed was heroin.

The son denied that he was using heroin but rather another opiate, Suboxone. (Oh, okay then.)

The father told a responding officer that he "got pissed" and removed a .40 caliber Smith and Wesson handgun from a locked safe and shot his son in the arm. He said he was aiming for some holes that were already in a wall and didn't intend to hit his son.
[....]
The father called 911 and told the operator that he'd shot his son.

The dad went across the street to get help from his firefighter neighbor who applied a tourniquet that police said likely saved his life. The search warrant indicates police found numerous drugs in the son’s room, including marijuana, heroin, and mushrooms.

The son also admitted later that he was in fact shooting up "five dollars worth of heroin" when his dad confronted him and not the Suboxone he claimed.

The dad was arrested and bailed out and the District Attorney is still reviewing charges which could include Recklessly Endangering Safety.

"I know I just ruined the rest of my life, all because I let this kid just push me to the point where enough was enough," the father said to the 911 dispatcher.

The search warrant seeks entry to the home in order to collect DNA evidence from blood on the floor and items of drug paraphernalia that the detective said was in plain sight during his response.

the 27-year old son lives with his parents and ate dinner in his own room.

I would not allow this to occur in my house ... sit at the table with your food and your family or get the fuck out.

don't speak to him until he has 2 years clean.

I agree with the stop enabling but not with the not speaking with him part.
That just creates a bigger divide ... setting limits creates a workable expectation, and fosters success in recovery.

You don't shoot up Suboxone. DUH. Addiction is a bitch. I hope the DA drops charges against the dad, or just gives him a misdemeanor. Fucked up thing is, his son probably learned nothing and will use "my dad shot me" as a reason to go get more fucked up.

Toss "Needles" out like the junkie trash he is.
Easier than getting blood on the floor and holes in the wall.

Gonna be awesome if the drug addled twit gets charged as well as shot.
Could be the two best things that ever happened to him.
Nah, likely be dead before 35 with a needle in his arm.

The father told a responding officer that he "got pissed" and removed a .40 caliber Smith and Wesson handgun from a locked safe and shot his son in the arm. He said he was aiming for some holes that were already in a wall his arm.

There, I fixed it!

If you want your kid to get clean, wouldn't calling police and turning him in at least have a chance at a better outcome than shooting him?? I mean, I know he might not get much time, but always exhaust the other avenues first, ya' know....

@lithiumgirl said
That just creates a bigger divide

Exactly my point.
This selfish little bastard is fucking up the life of everyone around him.

Drug addiction is personal and needs to be the drug addicts problem.
To continue to support, coddle and try to reason only enables rhis little fuckwit to continue to make everyone around him his victim.

Yes you can ... and people do shoot Suboxone.

I can understand this guys plight :shrug:
When you say the same thing to someone over and over :shifty: they won't/can't understand reasoning.

That is when actions are taken out of frustration :punch::punch::punch: talking is fruitless :mad: soooo.... nix the talking and maybe me pounding the logic into ur face/knee caps/ wherever what I'm swinging at u lands .. might work :shrug: I get it Pops ;) ur sick of his bullshit.

To continue to support,

enabling and supporting are not the same ... in this kind of situation you could support your kid by taking a call once in a while.

This Dad is fucking awesome!
[doublepost=1487956400,1487955689][/doublepost]
This selfish little bastard

And Rude ... Eat in your room ??? I can't imagine doing that to my mother ... I also can't imagine living in her house at 27.

Back