• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kimberix

Trusted Member
Entrusted to care for his girlfriend's newborn daughter, Branden K. Harms was anything but gentle.

Standing handcuffed in a 4th Judicial District courtroom on Tuesday, the Fort Carson scout admitted to a harrowing chain of events in which he raised his hand against 4-month-old Ava Bermudez of Fountain - ultimately inflicting injuries severe enough to kill her.

As relatives of the slain infant wept in the gallery, Harms, 28, recounted how he "lost control" when he couldn't keep Ava calm on a night in April when he agreed to watch her.
Taking a deep breath in court, Harms described how he "almost saw black" and then began to "excessively spank her."

"Sometime after that, I began to choke her," he said. "Further after that, when I was putting her in her crib, I wasn't gentle." The former soldier suggested that he threw the girl into her crib with enough force to split its wooden bottom, sending the infant to the floor beneath.

"After that," he added, "I kind of snapped to, and it was too late."

In pleading guilty to child abuse resulting in death, Harms also admitted that he withheld medical care knowing the child was injured. He faces 40-48 years in prison when he is sentenced on May 16.

Harms is an Afghanistan War veteran who served as a scout in a Fort Carson unit at the time of the child's death. A post spokeswoman couldn't be reached for an update about his duty status.

He claimed after his April 19 arrest by Fountain police that the girl was injured when the floor of the crib gave way as he put her down for a nap.

In binding Harms over for trial in September, 4th Judicial District Judge David A. Gilbert all but dismissed the explanation, calling it "wholly inconsistent" with injuries to the child, including bruises on her head, side and buttocks, a healing rib fracture and two brain bleeds, all apparently inflicted by separate blows.

Investigators say the injuries were inflicted during a four-hour window while the child's mother - his live-in girlfriend, Jessica Bermudez - went out with a friend.

She told police she arrived home and knew something was wrong when her daughter didn't grip her finger like normal - a habit she had whether she was sleeping or awake.
http://m.gazette.com/ex-fort-carson-soldier-admits-to-babys-fatal-injuries/article/1597361

And yet another pussy faced mother fucker.....

just insane, if I had a baby nobody but someone I trusted would be watching in nowadays and then I would have a nannycam going 24/7 dialed into it like a fb freak

Jack Burton is, as usual, absolutely correct. Your military is filled with utter scumbags. It is no wonder that the United States of America is singularly unable to win a war without resorting to the use of nuclear weapons.

He told the court he lost control when he couldn’t keep the girl calm and he began to excessively spank her. He also choked her and threw her into her crib so hard that she split its wooden bottom and fell through to the floor.
]
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...rson-soldier-gets-44-years-for-killing-infant

I am sorry 44 years is just not enough for what this excuse for a man did.

Hey Brandon
instead of torturing the baby maybe you could have seen if she needed to be changed, or possibly hungry. How about cuddling her and if all that did work before you beat her to death you could have called mom and told her to come home or even better you could have just walked away.

Last edited:
Back