• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A grandfather has been accused of shooting dead his own son because he was abusing his granddaughter.

Hubbard Junior Hall, 64, is charged with murder after allegedly shooting his son Mark in the middle of a heated argument about his 12-year-old granddaughter's welfare.

Mark, who appears to have been a local softball coach, had been returning from a game in nearby Mobile, Alabama, with his daughter and his mother Martha Hall on Tuesday, AL.com reports.

Police say that at some point during the journey, Mark received a phone call about his daughter. At that point, he repeatedly began hitting her.

The abuse did not stop until the family arrived home, prosecutors say.

Mark, whose house is directly behind his parents' home on Van Harville Road, had announced he was taking his daughter back to his place.

But his father Hubbard Hall had intervened and refused to allow his son to take the child.

The pair got into a heated argument which escalated into Hubbard pulling out a .5 caliber handgun and shooting his son, according to police reports.

When officers arrived they found Mark, 41, lying on the floor suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Hubbard, who is married to wife Martha, 61, was arrested and transported to the Baldwin County Corrections Center where he is currently being held on a $50,000 bond.

Mark, was married to his daughter's mom Wendy - although it isn't clear if they were still together at the time.
LINK

I'm reserving judgment on this one til we have more facts. Although I'm leaning towards giving grandpa a medal.

Dumbass shoulda contacted authorities. Take the law into your own hands, you get fucked. Enjoy prison dipshit.

Southern trash.

Nice job grandpa ... no little girls should be getting hit for disclosing abuse.

But do we know that's what the call was about?

Police say that at some point during the journey, Mark received a phone call about his daughter. At that point, he repeatedly began hitting her.

I took it as the father got a phone call about his daughter (she did poorly in an exam, got in trouble at school, won the spelling bee) and whatever the call was about, angered him.

Either way, she will probably blame herself for her father's death, and I can guess that this wasn't the first time the poor girl was beat. Especially if Dad was OK doing it in front of his own mother.....

But do we know that's what the call was about?

No we do not ... Let me correct my self. No little girl should get beat.
All of a sudden i think grandpa is the creepy one ... yes I do. And that maybe her Dad was in the right by not letting her get out of the car.

Has to be some serious history of abuse going on there for gramps to pop his own loin fruit that way.
I can see a lot of grand dads going to the cops, but also wrestling with the possibility of the boy getting off the hook and making things worse.
There had to have been something in the argument that took this to a whole new level.

Maybe the son had been pounding on the daughter for years and gramps just decided he was responsible for it starting as he made the son.
Guilt can be a hell of a thing.
Possibly in his mind ending the son was the smart thing to do.
The women folk are safe, the son cannot harm anyone, and gramps pays a price for a son being a monster that he feels like he authored

He shot his son in front of the girl? Article isn't clear on that. It would make it even worse. Was grandfather drinking at the time to lose control? The nut fell close to the tree.

Back