• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://5newsonline.com/2017/02/22/large-fire-involving-semi-truck-on-interstate-40-near-ozark/
[....]
A husband and wife were in the semi when they crashed and fell off a bridge onto Lone Elm Road. According to Randy Boren with Franklin County EMS, the couple was from Missouri and had picked up their load containing 54,000 pounds of concussion and smoke grenades in Pine Bluff, and were en route to McAlester, Oklahoma.

Eyewitnesses tell Sheriff Boen a car cut the semi off causing the driver to swerve to avoid the vehicle. A tire blew out and caused the semi to go off the bridge. The car stopped on the side of the bridge after the accident, but immediately took off before anyone was able to write down a tag number for the vehicle, eyewitnesses said.

The military was brought in to make sure that all of the ammo was removed from the semi before traffic reopened on Interstate 40.
[....]
The identities of the couple have not been released at this time. Their bodies are being sent to the Arkansans State Medical Examiner, Boen said.

Some amateur video of the aftermath is at the link. I hope the driver who caused it will be found.

A husband and wife were in the semi when they crashed and fell off a bridge onto Lone Elm Road. According to Randy Boren with Franklin County EMS, the couple was from Missouri and had picked up their load containing 54,000 pounds of concussion and smoke grenades in Pine Bluff, and were en route to McAlester, Oklahoma.

So very sad that they were only trying to do their job and some dumbass caused their death. I hope they find the idiot responsible and charge him/her with the maximum!! :mad::fish::punch::punch:

Back