• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kimberix

Trusted Member
Yup 4 fucking years for smothering his 2 year old daughter....

Why? You ask.....why its because she kicked off her blanket!

A burly father described as a 'lovable giant' has been jailed for four years for killing his two-year-old daughter by holding her face down on a pillow while she 'screamed' and 'squirmed'.

Philip Kinraid, 29, pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of his daughter Esme, after she died in his family home in Hawera, New Zealand, in 2015, NZ Herald reported.

Justice Rebecca Ellis told the court that Kinraid had put his two children to bed just before 7pm, but Esme was unsettled and kicked off a blanket he had wrapped her in.

Forcefully holding her down with his hand, Justice Ellis said Esme was 'squirming' and 'inhaling and exhaling while she screamed' as she suffocated to death.

Kinraid was called in to work and returned at 11pm to find Esme lying limp on her bed - her face drained of colour and eyes glazed over.

'I think I may have killed my daughter,' Kinraid reportedly told the emergency services operator.

When police arrived at his home, he appeared suicidal and asked them to shoot him while admitting: 'I might have committed manslaughter.'

Kinraid's other child, a five-year-old boy, now lives with his ex-partner.

Crown prosecutor Justin Marinovich said Esme would have felt 'great horror' as she died at the hands of her powerful father.

'She was struggling against you. She had no means of escape ... It was a deliberate act, it was an act of force,' Justice Ellis said, stuff.co.nz reported.

'Esme is dead. Her life and her future was taken away in an instant. She was only two-years-old.'

Esme's mother and other family members were too emotional to read a victim impact statement in court.

One family member described Kinraid to the New Zealand Herald as a 'lovable giant'.

http://dailym.ai/2lteFUF

Gentle giant my ass! He is a murderer. He watched and listened as Esme squirmed and kicked and wiggled and cried until she could no longer take in a breath. The sentence is not justice. Its a slap on the wrist. Esme deserved so much more from the criminal justice system and her father...a real life boogey man.

God damn if thats what happens to a little girl with a "lovable giant" i would hate to hear what the fuck a homicidal child killing psycho would have done to her! Phew!! Im glad it was just the loveable one this time!

I thought from the title this was going to be one of those co sleeping disasters, we'd all go back and forth for a bit about whether it's a bad idea or not then reluctantly agree it was an unnecessary but tragic accident.

How? How could such a big guy hold down a tiny girl and listen to her scream? How?

Latest posts

Back