• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
however, who she chose to do business with was apparently not the salt of the earth.

Yep. But, sometimes, us decent folk do that sort of thing when we're desperate. She could have been a single mother who couldn't afford to take the car to a shop but needed it to get to work for all we know. She was clearly not the brightest crayon in the box for pre-paying (he probably claimed he needed to buy parts and didn't have the money himself, but still), but she was decent and caring and rescued these children. That baby would have been dead in another 24 - 48 hours.

Yep. But, sometimes, us decent folk do that sort of thing when we're desperate. She could have been a single mother who couldn't afford to take the car to a shop but needed it to get to work for all we know. She was clearly not the brightest crayon in the box for pre-paying (he probably claimed he needed to buy parts and didn't have the money himself, but still), but she was decent and caring and rescued these children. That baby would have been dead in another 24 - 48 hours.
of that i have no doubt.

i commend her on what she did. i really do. i just..aww fuck that, i have done business (not really, just related to them) with people that padlock their trailer doors, i have started cars with screwdrivers, i hope to never be in that situation again. and i am proud of miss nice-clothes for doing something, i really am, however, i would have called the cop shop while breaking in, and i still do not understand if there was a padlock on the outside how the child on the inside could have unlocked the door.

i commend her on what she did. i really do. i just..aww fuck that, i have done business (not really, just related to them) with people that padlock their trailer doors, i have started cars with screwdrivers, i hope to never be in that situation again. and i am proud of miss nice-clothes for doing something, i really am, however, i would have called the cop shop while breaking in, and i still do not understand if there was a padlock on the outside how the child on the inside could have unlocked the door.

I get where you're coming from. Honestly. I'm just saying, this broad is legit. :)

And, most houses are equipped with multiple doors. It's possible the front was padlocked (to "warn" people away) but the back utilized a more traditional lock. More speculation, but obviously the child cannot unlock a door padlocked from the outside, so there must have been another option.

I have looked all over and I must have imagined what I said. But it stands to reason she must ahve heard from them inside the house otherwise how would she have known they were there?

because it is locked on the outside and anyone inside can't get out. A house where I was renting once the moron had deadbolts locks on some of the doors where if you didn't have the key handy was locked inside as it was a double key thing

Yeah, that would make sense, that the broad was a neighbor. Maybe saw that they were down on their luck and thought she'd do the neighborly thing and offer the man some work (he didn't look quite a disaster compared to the woman). They didn't specifically mention that she was a neighbor, but they interviewed two (other) neighbors, and no one seemed aware there were children there.

computers do not let me draw the pictures i want...padlock..looks like a u turned left. it is either combo or key. most of the time it is (well the good ones) with a - (middle bar) built in. so...fuck it. i am done. yall tell me how this happened. i a truly lost.

*am even. lost..so lost. there is no way you can unlock an outside padlock without a key. hell, even an inside padlock. that or a combo.

No offense MC30, but I think you are getting all worked up over not much. How does it matter how they found the kids, it really only matters that they did. I assume the cops broke the door down when it became apparent the kids were locked in there without an adult. I'm sure that we'll get a better story as details come out.

As for the neighbor/debt collector she doesn't necessarily have to be a junkie looking for a fix or a dealer looking for her money, she could be exactly what she said, or somewhere in the middle, all that really matters is that at this one point in time she did the right thing for these kids. The end.

I get where you're coming from. Honestly. I'm just saying, this broad is legit. :)

And, most houses are equipped with multiple doors. It's possible the front was padlocked (to "warn" people away) but the back utilized a more traditional lock. More speculation, but obviously the child cannot unlock a door padlocked from the outside, so there must have been another option.
Years ago I had to use a pad lock on my front door because obviously the lock was Brooken... But the main reason being the door would not stay shut without locking it.. I had to do it for about 2 weeks till I had the money to replace it.. I'm betting someone busted in there door probably over drugs..

I have made a few transactions that included me paying for parts- two cases of beer- one small tequila.. I was a single mom w/three school age kids.. thank God my dads neighbor (bestfriend) was a mechanic!!

When my husband does side work, he always gets the money for the parts up front. There are good people out there that won't screw you over but there are also ones who aren't good and we've gotten stuck with parts that we had no use for because people flaked.

I find it perfectly legitimate if she paid for the parts up front, but this guy was a douche so the money wasn't going for parts.

When my husband does side work, he always gets the money for the parts up front. There are good people out there that won't screw you over but there are also ones who aren't good and we've gotten stuck with parts that we had no use for because people flaked.

I find it perfectly legitimate if she paid for the parts up front, but this guy was a douche so the money wasn't going for parts.
well, he only locked his kids inside of the house...

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2025709198_cpsbasicsxml.html

The removal of three abandoned children from a home in Lake Stevens raised questions about what Child Protective Services can and can’t do and underscored some common misconceptions.

This is an article about what happened and who can remove children from a home in Washington State. CPS can't, they have to call the cops to have children removed, no matter what the circumstances. It even states here that the school that the two oldest were going to had called CPS numerous times and nothing was done. Maybe they should have called the cops themselves. Hopefully if there's a next time they will.

Last edited:
They should b
the idea that people choose to padlock their children into a house like this, alone and freezing with no food and surrounded by filth is so disturbing. ugh! i hope those kids are removed and given the help they deserve. as for the "parents', as we all know around here, old habits die hard. the chances that those two will change and these kids will end up living in anything other than deplorable conditions if left with them is almost nil. thanks to the gods that they were found. let's hope that the system doesn't abandon them again.
The parents i use that word loosely should be charged with "almost premeditated murder"! they planned on those children dying i dont know the term for it lol but yep ooo its attempted premeditated murder ya chargem with that!!!

I cant believe I didnt see this till today, i am in tears sick fucks. I hope those "parents" kill themselves. I feel bad right now because this is happening somewhere else right now and im wrapped in a blanket and its -2 outside!

The parents of children removed from a filthy house in Lake Stevens were sentenced Wednesday to six months in jail and five years of probation.

Amanda Foley and Mark Dorson already have served nearly all of their jail time.

The couple was accused of leaving three young children, ages 7, 3 and 10-months, home alone. The Lake Stevens house was in deplorable shape and later deemed uninhabitable. It didn’t have a working toilet or heat and was littered with garbage, animal feces and urine. There were exposed wires and no working smoke detectors.

The couple’s infant son was found locked in a bedroom upstairs. He was wearing a soiled diaper and appeared lethargic. A nurse told investigators that he was hypothermic, court papers said.

Prosecutors initially charged Foley, 32, and Dorson, 33, with several gross misdemeanors and one count of second-degree criminal mistreatment, a felony.

Snohomish County deputy prosecutor Katie Wetmore dropped the felony charge. The defendants pleaded guilty Wednesday in Everett District Court to three counts of third-degree abandonment of a dependent person, a gross misdemeanor.

Wetmore said that there was concern about whether she could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Foley and Dorson caused substantial bodily harm to the infant, a requirement of the felony charge. The boy, now 16 months old, and his siblings are expected to make a full recovery.

There was evidence that the couple created an imminent risk that their children would suffer harm. Foley, who is pregnant, is the mother of all three children. Dorson is the father of the youngest.

Lake Stevens police rescued the children Jan. 31 after a woman called with a tip. She’d gone to the house multiple times to confront Dorson about unfinished mechanical work she paid him to do. The 7-year-old always answered the door and said her parents were sleeping.

The front door was padlocked when police arrived. The oldest reluctantly let them into the house. The stench of urine, feces and rotting food was so strong that it drove at least one officer outside to catch his breath. The children were taken to the hospital.

The pair didn’t try to contact police or Child Protective Services for days. Police arrested the couple Feb. 3 at the CPS office in Monroe.

Foley told detectives that she left the children in the care of a neighbor so she could buy food. She returned to see police officers outside the house. She said she panicked and went to a friend’s house. She told police that she came back and saw her children being taken away in an ambulance. Foley didn’t call the hospital to check on them because she thought “everything was fine,” Wetmore wrote in the charging documents.

Dorson told police that the situation “got blown way out of proportion.” He gave detectives the same story about the kids being left with a babysitter. He explained that he didn’t call police or CPS because he didn’t have a phone.

http://www.heraldnet.com/news/lake-stevens-parents-who-abandoned-children-sentenced/

These people are real winners!!

Amanda Foley and Mark Dorson haven’t changed their criminal ways.

Foley, 33, already is awaiting sentencing for a fencing charge. She and Dorson were accused of swiping a $4,000 telescope from a garage last year.

She was arrested again late Tuesday night after reportedly being found with stolen packages and a fake gun. Dorson, also 33, allegedly ran off as police arrived.

Tuesday’s troubles started about 11:30 p.m. along 17th Avenue SE in Lake Stevens. A 911 caller reported apparent mail theft involving a white pickup.

Lake Stevens officers recognized Foley near the truck, according to the arrest report. They saw what appeared to be a handgun tucked between the front seats. They began to arrest Foley for investigation of being a felon with a firearm, but it turned out to be a realistic-looking air pistol, officer Kristen Parnell wrote.

The truck was locked, and Foley told officers the key was inside, according to the report. She does not have a driver’s license.

She reportedly gave them permission to use a tool to break into the truck for the search.

She initially said she was looking into people’s mailboxes but hadn’t taken anything, Parnell wrote.

Foley then said there were two stolen packages underneath the seat, but she was going to take them back, officers allege. The key to the truck was actually with Dorson.

Foley was booked into the Snohomish County Jail for investigation of mail theft, a felony. She remained there Wednesday. Officers searched the area of her arrest and found at least 12 mailboxes that apparently had been tampered with along 88th Avenue SE and 19th Street SE. Lake Stevens police are recommending additional charges for attempted mail theft.

They also plan to seek charges for Dorson for mail theft.

As for the June fencing charge, Dorson’s mother told detectives the stolen telescope was pawned to bail Dorson out of jail, according to court papers.

Foley and Dorson were charged with second-degree trafficking in stolen property. The charge was reduced to attempted second-degree trafficking, a gross misdemeanor. They are scheduled to be sentenced in February.

They face up to a year in jail. Under the plea agreement, Snohomish County deputy prosecutor Michael Boska plans to recommend a 10-day sentence for Dorson and a 5-day sentence for Foley.

Just last week, the pair was charged in connection with a car chase in November. They are accused of stealing a sport utility vehicle in Marysville. The owner was able to track a cellphone left in the stolen SUV.

The man walked away from the SUV and jumped in the driver’s seat of the pickup. A woman also hopped into the pickup.

The officer hit the lights and siren on his patrol car but the pickup sped off. The officer gave chase but could not keep up. He estimated that Dorson was driving up to 80 mph.

The officer found the pickup a short distance away. Dorson had crashed into some bushes. Both doors were open and no one was around.

The officer heard branches breaking. He announced that he was bringing out a dog and if the pair didn’t surrender, they’d risk being bitten.

No one replied.

Another officer spotted two people running off. The officer tracked Dorson to a ditch.

“Take it easy on me,” Dorson told the officers. He crawled out of the ditch and was arrested. Foley was arrested a few minutes later.

Police suspect that Dorson and Foley were going to steal the SUV’s tires. The lug nuts were missing. They were found in the crashed pickup.

The couple no longer have their children, one of whom nearly died from hypothermia. The children have been placed in other homes since being taken into state custody in February. Foley and Dorson each were sentenced to six months in jail for misdemeanor abandonment.

Something new has happened in the couple’s lives since, besides their repeated arrests: They were married in August, county records show.

http://www.heraldnet.com/news/lake-stevens-parents-of-neglected-children-in-trouble-again/

It's kinda sad that the 3 brothers are in foster care but I suppose that would be a lot to ask the little girls bio dad.
They already had 4. Then suddenly a 7yr old daughter that was a complete surprise. I wouldn't want to take in 3 more, but would work with Foster care to make sure she has contact.

The pair didn’t try to contact police or Child Protective Services for days. Police arrested the couple Feb. 3 at the CPS office in Monroe.
What ?

. Foley didn’t call the hospital to check on them because she thought “everything was fine,” Wetmore wrote in the charging documents.
OMG!

That child, along with Cheyene's two younger brothers, are now in foster care.

Oh this part is heart breaking ... My nieces mother was murdered when she was seven in Calgary My brother and his new wife brought her home to Ontario, but were not able to take her brother because my brother was not his father, and he had more immediate family making a claim to him. It worked out for my niece, she had a good life here, but her brother didn't fair as well. She received a huge settlement when she turned eighteen, packed her bags and went right back across Canada and got her little brother back on her own. They are doing great! She is a mom now and my nephew (I call him that) is about to start collage.

A young girl rescued from horrific conditions will now receive $4 million from the state. The Department of Social and Health Services settled a lawsuit today, after the girl's family accused the agency of ignoring repeated warnings about her health and safety.

Cheyene Lewis was living in squalor in a house that was stomach turning. Police search warrant video shows buckets of what appears to be excrement. Officers walking through the home recorded filthy conditions with sopping wet carpet and no heat.

After a call from a concerned citizen, Lake Stevens Police rescued then 7-year old Cheyene and her two younger brothers from the home, calling it the worst they'd ever seen.

They arrested the children's mother, Amanda Foley. She and a boyfriend were convicted of child abandonment and each served six months in jail.

"It's just disgusting to know that your kid grew up for seven years in filth. And no one did nothing about it," said Kevin Lewis, Cheyene's biological father earlier this year. Cheyene now lives with Lewis who says he didn't know she existed until her rescue. He and his wife sued the state, claiming DSHS could have stepped in sooner, after receiving repeated warnings from teachers and community members.

Attorney David Moody represents the family. "Visits to the house were cursory at best," Moody said. "DSHS didn't go in the home. They didn't probe. They didn't ask the tough questions that DSHS is obligated to do."

The settlement came before a scheduled jury trial on the suit, originally filed as a $13.5 million tort claim.

"DSHS paid this settlement, a very large settlement to Cheyene, which says to me that they know it screwed up and screwed up badly," Moody said.

The money will go into a trust for Cheyene, who is now 9-years old.

"I'm hoping she has a normal life after all this," Lewis said. "She deserves it."

DSHS issued a brief statement.

“We believe this settlement provides the means for this child to receive the care and recovery resources she will need in order to live a full and healthy life,” said Connie Lambert-Eckel, Acting Assistant Secretary for DSHS’ Children’s Administration.

m/news/nation-world/girl-rescued-from-horrific-conditions-awarded-4-million-settlement-from-state
f35284c5-8a74-4454-a757-be6b10d9bf84-medium16x9_kid.JPG

Back