• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
whceh0.jpg

28tucjs.jpg

DENVER -- A security guard at Denver Health Medical Center is accused of using a stun gun on a man and beating him with a flashlight.

Multiple people reached out about the case after seeing a post from ‎Michelle Martinez on Facebook.

In the post, Martinez said her son, Nicolas Montez Jr., arrived at Denver Health early Saturday morning after he saw his brother get shot. She said the security guard attacked him without provocation.

"As [Nicolas] arrived the security guards instructed him to sit next the information desk, which he did. I was notified that my son was there waiting so I went to the ER waiting room," Martinez said. "Nick began to walk toward me once he saw me and was tackled by the security officer.

"Another officer began punching him and kneeing him in the face. They tazed (sic) him and he fell to the ground they kneeled on his back and continued to taze him."

"He's screaming, 'My brother's back there, my brother's been shot, I'm trying to get to my brother,'" Martinez said.

Martinez said she was running toward the men when an officer pulled out a metal flashlight and started hitting her son on the head and face.

"Nick was down with his arms behind his back and the security guard went up with the flashlight and cracked his head open. You could hear it echo through the hallway," Martinez said.

"I was helpless. My mother came screaming and they put her in a police hold. She's 64 years old.

"No mother [should] to have to go through what I've gone through, watching my son get beat with a metal object and not be able to do anything."

"This is not about color. My son is Hispanic, this is about injustice and unprovoked attacks by security officers in a position of trust," she said on Facebook.

Denver Health spokeswoman Kelli Christensen said the security guard, who works for HSS Security, has been put on leave.

"We take this matter seriously and are currently investigating the events that occurred at our hospital early Saturday morning," Christensen said. "We are told by HSS that the security guard in question has been put on leave pending further investigation."

HSS said two security officers tried to prevent a "disruptive and combative person from entering the emergency room."

"At some point during the ensuing event, HSS officers deployed a Taser to control the person, which was not effective," HSS said in a statement. "The person suffered a head injury when subdued by officers."

"Our officers receive training in patient restraint practices and safe handling of individuals under stress, and we are always concerned if we are not able to successfully defuse a situation," said Alan Butler, senior vice president of health care security. "We are cooperating with Denver Health’s internal investigation and have been told Denver police are conducting an investigation as well."
http://kdvr.com/2017/02/19/security-guard-at-denver-health-accused-of-beating-man-with-flashlight/

Don't most hospitals have cameras in the waiting rooms? Especially in the ER.

If this one does, watching the video should clear up what happened.

I'm sure more will come out on this story but for the time being I've got a firm side-eye cast to Mom's story.

She contradicted herself, and the second explanation sounds a lot closer to the truth (and jives with why her son would have been detained and/or taken down by security).

First it was:
"Nick began to walk toward me once he saw me and was tackled by the security officer.

Then it was:
"He's screaming, 'My brother's back there, my brother's been shot, I'm trying to get to my brother,'" Martinez said.

So... Who was he trying to get to? If he was meeting another visitor who was just arriving to the ER lobby, there was no reason for this to have happened. If he was trying to bust into a restricted area, which could have potentially disrupted life-saving efforts on his brother or other patients... I'm not as sympathetic.

Sometimes our tiny rooms are packed working on a patient - it might be ALL the space we have - 5 to 10 people - I have personally been physically assulted by sick patients - not in the right mind - I have been threatened by family that didn't think we were doing their loved one justice by the things medical professionals deem necessary to all go home safe after 12/24 hr shift. We have had shots fired in our ER- Lord there is nothing more scary that gunman on premises start procedure. I feel for this kid but he came flying in there 1/2 cocked- gang member or not- probably raised hell about wanting to see his brother. We don't allow ANYONE back to a patient (gunshot especially) till they are stable or dead, besides a priest. We are at war with death it takes our full attention, heart, our professional and inner strength. She might be telling her side of it but he had already been out of control enough he was told where to sit specifically in one spot- there's more to this - I work too damn hard and face to many unknown varibles being ER / ICU - a human variable like that he better be glad it wasn't our facility - all security is packing - thank you whatever god!

Last edited:
What biteme, everjaded and fives my charm said... More info, some footage and some back story on caring brother would go a long way to clear shit up.

Not defending overzealous rent-a-cops at all. Just want my hateful rant to be directed at the right people.

Also, MagLights fucking hurt

@Existo if these security men were wrong they will be fully prosecuted hospital will see to that for insurance policies and there's VERY little that's not on 24hr record especially ER ICU NICU - and camera's don't malfunction there's an entire wall of them. Hospital has to cover bottom line protect patients - workers last. It's all about the bottom line and it comes down to what you can observe wrong/and the golden rule cover your ass. They don't sound overzealous if it follows in what is normal ER happenings- he wasn't shot or arrested - Simply reminded there are consequences to actions and to have some fucking manners during flu season in a packed ER, lol

Last edited:
Even as just a patient I've seen some rather "inconsiderate" behaviour from other patients and visitors. Emergency room is just that, for emergencies. Let the helpful folks try and fix broken people first, drama comes later.

Not buying moms "my boy is a widdle snowflake" BS.
Betting he was angry and jacked up until they torch all things electrical to him.

So the officers kneeled on him while tazing him?
Cuz electricity is smart and only goes where it is intended.
He kept screaming after being shazapped?
Was he high or just on something.

Too much grey in this.

Back