• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
315za4k.jpg

20idpw8.jpg

oa2l2c.jpg

There are a lot of photos of Victoria Odintcova. So many, apparently, that she felt the need to do something downright dangerous and seriously crazy to take things to the next level.

The 23-year-old climbed to the top of the Cayan Tower in Dubai, and dangled 1,000 feet above the ground, with nothing but some guy’s (presumably) sweaty hand to keep her from falling to her death.

In videos posted to YouTube and Instagram, you see Odintcova take a deep breath, close her eyes and lean backwards over the edge, gripping a man’s wrist in the ultimate trust exercise.

The caption on the photo posted on Instagram roughly translates to: “I still can’t believe I did it. I get sweaty palms when I watch the video.”

But leaning over the edge just isn’t edgy enough for Odintcova.

After a couple snaps, she says a few words (“Don’t drop me”?), crawls over the ledge and dangles by one arm.
http://kdvr.com/2017/02/15/russian-model-dangles-from-1000-foot-tall-tower-for-perfect-photo/

Watch

Her instagram- video there too. Amazing photos.
https://www.instagram.com/viki_odintcova/?hl=en

For a little bit about the Cayan Tower's rankings among skyscrapers, check this out.
https://skyscrapercenter.com/building/cayan-tower/464

She's absolutely beautiful, and has incredible pics.
But just noooooo.

I can't say that I want to be on the 73rd floor of any building- not even on the inside.. certainly not on the balcony. Most definitely, absolutely, positively not going to consider dangling off the top of it... not even in full safety gear. Um well.
I. Just. Uh. Nope. No. Yikes.
This shit is crazy.

What is she going to do when the thrill of this pic wears off? She's going to crave that again, only she will feel like she needs to top it. What's next I wonder?
Bet that rush was beyond indescribable. Like nothing else.. wow

I have a hard time getting on the roof of my house... my single story house. :chicken:

I sure didn't laugh, because I'm that bad also. Me and my husband went camping in a nice hilly area once and were going to climb one of them. About half way up I lost my nerve and my footing, so he tied me to a tree while he went on up and retrieved me on the way back down. :finger:

I sure didn't laugh, because I'm that bad also. Me and my husband went camping in a nice hilly area once and were going to climb one of them. About half way up I lost my nerve and my footing, so he tied me to a tree while he went on up and retrieved me on the way back down. :finger:
Kinky;):cool:

I have a hard time getting on the roof of my house... my single story house. :chicken:

Bungalows aren't a joke! I've done plenty of roofing. I fucking hate roofing. It looks so much higher from up there lol! First time I looked at the single story house... I'm like NOTHING! I get up there walking around... I'm just like "WHOA! Why does everyone look like ants from up here!"

That.... ok, that looks kind of fun. Terminal velocity, you won't feel a fucking thing.

I'm afraid of heights. True story. If I was 6 feet tall I'd just fucking crawl around everywhere...
True story.
I climbed up on the roof of my house to see if i could see a reason my new roof was leaking.

When it was time to come down, i couldnt feel the ladder. I got on my stomach and slitheted to the edge to see the ladder. Forced myself to slither up hill to turn around. Crawl on my knees to try to get down on the ladder.
Im my mind, i knew the ladder was there. I just could free fall those 4-5 inches trusting i would land on the ladder.
I went up at 10 am. I was up there until my neighbor got home from work at 5:50
Sunburned and dehydrated after being up there for almost 8 hours i vowed to never climb on another roof as long as i live.

True story.
I climbed up on the roof of my house to see if i could see a reason my new roof was leaking.
When it was time to come down, i couldnt feel the ladder. I got on my stomach and slitheted to the edge to see the ladder. Forced myself to slither up hill to turn around. Crawl on my knees to try to get down on the ladder.
Im my mind, i knew the ladder was there. I just could free fall those 4-5 inches trusting i would land on the ladder.
Sunburned and dehydrated after being up there for almost 8 hours i vowed to never climb on another roof as long as i live.

OMG! Getting back ON to the ladder is fucking terrifying when you don't know how! Lol you just got to remember to turn your back to the ladder(I know... scarrrrrrry) and drop to one knee... then you can easily lower your free leg down those "4 - 5 inches" as you so eloquently put it... LOL! The crew I worked with cracked on me all day for being afraid of heights! And I'm the crazy one... we don't have wings you know! We're supposed to be afraid of heights... pfft.

OMG! Getting back ON to the ladder is fucking terrifying when you don't know how! Lol you just got to remember to turn your back to the ladder(I know... scarrrrrrry) and drop to one knee... then you can easily lower your free leg down those "4 - 5 inches" as you so eloquently put it... LOL! The crew I worked with cracked on me all day for being afraid of heights! And I'm the crazy one... we don't have wings you know! We're supposed to be afraid of heights... pfft.
Yeah... the tutorial is wasted on me.
Im not ever going up again.

Looks as if I'm in good company with my fear of heights. Not even going to watch that video, nope, nope, don't want to get queasy.

This whole story belongs on the Thread of One Thousand Nopes.

Yeah... the tutorial is wasted on me.
Im not ever going up again.

It's easy peasy!

You extend the ladder up to where it's beyond the roof and one rung is equal to the gutter top. Then you walk to the ladder, put your foot on the rung that is there and go down.

It's easy peasy!

You extend the ladder up to where it's beyond the roof and one rung is equal to the gutter top. Then you walk to the ladder, put your foot on the rung that is there and go down.

Lol whoops! Yeah I know that part.. I wasn't even thinking... yeah that'd be scary! I would normally do it like that. The first time I was up there, was a bungalow... just a repair job. And for actual roofers, that's like a joke to them obv.

These guys are cowboys man. They don't wear harnesses(Unless its a busy street they will be seen on all day)... they say it's too much of a tripping hazard! Crazy! If I trip... I want to know I'm not rolling off the roof and landing in the trailer full of rusty nails and shingles lol! Cow boys!

"Do you want a harness? We'll get you one!"

"Ummm nah. Heights are actually my second greatest fear... my first is being called a "pussy" all day by my boss!"

Lol, true story.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I can't stop laughing.
[doublepost=1487744576,1487744399][/doublepost]
True story.

Okay, I showed the love emoji for your post, but I'm laughing about this too. I'm evil. :devil:

Back