• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member
1085hr4.jpg

An elderly woman was found stuck in her living room chair surrounded in her own feces and urine after having sat in it for months.

Emergency response crews required hazmat suits to remove Barbara Foster, 75, from her Springfield Township home in Ohio on Thursday.

The 550-pound woman had been sitting in the same place since July, causing her body to weaken and her skin to mold to the shape of the chair Lucas County Sheriff's report said.

The smell coming from the home located on the 200 block of Burnham Green Road was so strong, officials could smell it from the sidewalk,WKRN reported.

Foster was screaming in pain as she had become so weak that her bones were breaking when EMS carried her out of the house. She was taken to the University of Toledo Medical Center to be treated.

[...]

Foster's neighbor and goddaughter told the news station she knew the woman was a hoarder, but hadn't visited her in a while.

Neighborhood resident Robbie Zolciak told the news station it had 'been years' since he had seen the woman. He said he was unaware she was in poor health.

A local church volunteer who had delivered meals to Foster's home said the residence usually smelled, but called the police when he realized the woman had not been 'acting like herself.'

Foster was behind by $1,400 in property taxes and missed her first payment in July when she was stuck in the chair, the Toledo Blade reported.

WTF? Someone was delivering her food and didn't notice she was stuck to a chair for seven months? The lady was shitting and peeing in the chair and the volunteer didn't notice? Why didn't Barbara SAY she was stuck to the chair? This is so sad and bizarre.

Emergency crews had to don hazmat suits to rescue Barbara, but the Meals on Wheels lady happily delivered her meals daily and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary for seven months? How much food was she delivering for Barbara to maintain her weight of 550 pounds? So many questions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4238230/Elderly-woman-chair-sat-months.html

So many questions indeed. She must have kept the front door unlocked at all times to allow the volunteer in. Maybe she was ordering food in too? Ugh, can you even imagine rolling up on THAT scene, smelling something rank before you even get up to the house, and then being asked to bring your delivery to the lady in the chair? Shudders.

My brother delivers medical equipment, usually for people with Medicare, older disabled people, oxygen, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc. He says he sees some horrible conditions, smells, trashy houses and so forth.

He said you just have to do your job and get on with it, you can't really do anything about it, especially in his job, because the only way they are getting their equipment is because of a prescription for whatever it is, so they've seen a doctor. He's not allowed to make value judgments of the people he takes equipment to.

I'm sure the meals on wheels woman was the same, she sees some horrific houses and people. It could be that she didn't know that the woman was stuck, just assumed that she was sitting there only because she didn't want to get up to open the door, not because she was stuck in it.

I don't know about you guys... but I can't even sit in the same place for seven seconds!

Her meals were on wheels? Why the fuck didn't someone just put her chair on wheels too? The mysteries that I ponder...

Heavy duty wheelchairs tap out at 450 lbs, that's why most morbidly obese people are bed bound. This woman is 75 years old, she needed more than meals on wheels, she needed hospice care

Last edited:
I read this last night and it kept me from a last gorge of the cake I made yesterday before I went to bed. I still think it is the duty f anyone that sees anything like this to report it to some agency that will help. This is beyond deplorable. You don't get that big overnight and there should have been some system in place to help this woman some time ago

This is just how sad things are these days.

This woman lived for 75 years, and in the end noone cared enough about her to care for her when she obviously couldnt.

If she was hoarding, that could explain how a volunteer may not know she was shitting where she sat. The house may have always smelled like that cuz it prob was already covered throughout with putrid messes.

I wonder how long she was sitting there doing that. Had she long been bedridden, or had she recently been able to at least waddle to a toilet or bedpan or something? Perhaps in recent months she finally lost the ability to do so and maybe was too embarrassed to say anything. Then again, someone who lives in such conditions tends not to get embarrassed about much, if anything.

Also wonder what her mental state was. She suffering from senility and perhaps just didn't know how bad off she was, didn't even know she was going to the bathroom on herself?

This is just how sad things are these days.

It says she was a hoarder. Those people are batshit nutters. Family have long sought to avoid dealings with batshit nutter family members. It has nothing to do with the age we live in or any other such nonsense. The woman may have been a terror to be around, hence why no one in her family saw to her.

He said you just have to do your job and get on with it, you can't really do anything about it, especially in his job, because the only way they are getting their equipment is because of a prescription for whatever it is, so they've seen a doctor. He's not allowed to make value judgments of the people he takes equipment to.

What a load of bullshit. There's nothing stopping someone from calling the police and requesting they do a welfare check on someone.

If I ever fuse to a piece of furniture, I would want someone to put a bullet through my brain before they tried to peel me off.

The drivers knew she was battling multiple autoimmune diseases at once, that she would be gone (medical appointments) or sleeping and to just open the door, set the food on the counter (her front door opens just outside of the kitchen, it's one step in, set food down, one step out) and close the door quietly.

I do get what you're saying, but this lady was fused to her chair. She couldn't get up to fetch her food. The local church volunteer would have had to bring the food to her chair. This is just so incredibly sad to me. Like someone else said, she was probably embarrassed to admit she couldn't get out of the chair.

The smell of human excrement reached the sidewalk as emergency responders worked to remove a 550-pound elderly woman from her living room chair Thursday evening.

[...]

Detectives are now reviewing the case for any potential crime, Lieutenant Carter said. He declined to specify.

[...]

Investigations of abuse and neglect on the elderly are handled by Adult Protective Services through Lucas County Job and Family Services.

[...]

In 2006, Ms. Foster filed a complaint with the Lucas County Sheriff's Office against a woman she had allowed to live with her in return for assisting her with chores. Ms. Foster accused the woman of threatening to burn down her house if she didn't give her $3,000, court records show.

So out of the kindness of her heart, Ms. Foster allowed someone to live with her rent free in return for helping out around the house. The cunt repaid her kindness by attempting to extort money from her and threatened to burn her house down. This story breaks my heart, this poor woman. I want to send her flowers at the hospital she is at, just to let her know somebody cares.

How did she not get bedsores, then infected with something that would cause septic shock? I can only imagine how long she would live had she taken care of herself- that is one strong constitution to be 75 yo at 550 lbs!

This is actually pretty sad, especially since she had at least one regular visitor and a god-daughter living nearby. No word on whether the picture at the link is the actual chair...

An overweight, elderly woman relatives describe as a hoarder, was rescued Thursday from her home after not leaving her living room chair for at least a year, according to investigators.

A church volunteer who has delivered meals to Barbara Foster, 75, for a decade, called the fire department and said she wasn’t acting like herself, according to WKRN.

The volunteer had not seen Foster, who weighs 550 pounds, anywhere but in the living room chair since July, according to WTVG.

Investigators said Foster was stuck to the chair for at least a year, where she was surrounded by feces and urine. The odor from inside was so powerful first responders could smell it from the sidewalk, according to WTOL. Rescuers had to wear hazmat suits before they entered the house.

The smell was usual, the church volunteer said.

Foster was screaming when rescuers removed her because her skin had molded itself to the chair and her bones were breaking as they tried to carry her out of the house, according to WCMH.

Foster was a hoarder, Leirin Snyder, her neighbor and goddaughter, told WCMH, but she did not realize how bad things had gotten.

http://www.whio.com/news/national/woman-removed-from-home-was-molded-chair/djBOByDEQhVAFY4RtY7GfO/
[doublepost=1488661186,1488660781][/doublepost]
Speaking to the Toledo Blade, neighbor Robbie Zolciak said that he and his wife had been neighbors to Barbara Foster since they moved in to the area about a decade prior. Previously, he had made friendly gestures to Barbara, smiling and waving to her, but had never actually spoken to her. According to Zolciak, it may have been “years” since he had last seen her.

Zolciak added that he was not aware Foster was molded to her chair and in poor health, but that his neighborhood was normally a quiet one where people would help each other in reporting minor crimes such as vandalism and speeding.

Other neighbors, such as Bill and Honey Malik, who lived in the area since 1995, claimed not to have known Barbara Foster’s name until the events of this week. Honey Malik told the Toledo Blade that she had seen Barbara “years ago” in her driveway, using two canes to get around.
[...]
Foster had gone almost $1,400 behind on her property taxes, having missed the first payment in July. She also had reportedly filed a complaint with the Lucas County Sheriff’s Office in 2006, alleging that a woman who had lived with her and agreed to help with the chores had tried to extort her out of $3,000, and threatened to burn down the house if she didn’t make the payment.
[...]
WKRN noted that the house has since been condemned.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3994627/el...-in-filthy-home-molded-to-chair-for-7-months/

(Not that Inquisitr is the greatest source but they seem to have put their piece together from reliable sources)

I knew this story rang a bell-

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23595533/ns/health-health_care/t/woman-sits-boyfriends-toilet-years/

Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman’s skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

“We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital,” Whipple said. “The hospital removed it.”

Screenshot_20230429_205023.jpg

February 21, 2017
"Barbara Foster’s left leg was amputated after she was removed from her Springfield Township home and taken to a nearby hospital.

“It looked like a scene out of ‘E.T.’ to be honest with you, with so many hazmat suits that the fireman were working,” said neighbor Robert Zolziak Jr.

March 18, 2017
"Barbara Foster, 75, spent a month at the University of Toledo Medical Center before she passed."

From her obit:

" She spent her career working as a Teacher at Start High School until the time of her retirement, after 30 years. Barb loved animals, caring for them as if they were her children."

Back