• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
OMG... Neeeeeeed this!!! :jawdrop:<3:woot:

It doesn't appear to be readily available yet, but here's hoping it will be soon. The GIFs are amazing. That black to red to blonde transition... Fantastic!!!

Last year, Lauren Bowker was halfway through a nostalgic re-watching of the cult '90s teen film The Craft when the idea struck. More specifically, it was during the "glamor spells" scene, when Robin Tunney's character goes from brunette to platinum blond just by combing her fingers through her hair. "It was in that moment that the penny kind of dropped," says Bowker, "I was like, 'We could do that.'"

That wasn't posturing: As a chemist, fashion designer, and the founder of the London-based material design studio, The Unseen, Bowker is something of a high-fashion alchemist. Her color-changing leather purses and otherworldly wearable Air sculptures are a measured mix of stunning aesthetics and seriously complex science.

Today The Unseen is releasing color-changing hair dye that's exactly as magical as it sounds: With a sharp temperature change, the dye shifts hues on its own, as if spellbound.

Storm Models, the Unseen is launching the project at London Fashion Week with a series of videos that showcase the technology.

The Unseen plans on partnering with a cosmetics company to bring the dyes to market, but for the time being the project will fit right in with a fashion world that's in the midst of a color-saturated '90s throwback. In fact, Bowker used much of the same science behind Hypercolor T-shirts, a favorite gimmick of the decade, to develop the dyes. The science of the hair dye boils down to a complex carbon-based molecule that undergoes a reversible reaction with itself. The scientists in Bowker's lab manipulated the chemical bonds in the dyes so that above certain temperatures one of the molecules forms is more stable than the other, causing a reaction to take place. The result is a molecule with a slightly different absorption of light, which makes it appear as a different color. Although the dye does contain some toxic ingredients—every hair dye does—the lab was careful to reduce them, and used polymers to ensure that the dye wouldn't irritate the scalp. The dye is also temporary, and comes out after a few washes.

https://www.fastcodesign.com/3068236/modern-day-witchcraft-this-hair-dye-changes-color

:hilarious::hilarious:
I'll be expecting to hear a cheesy class action lawsuit commercial a few months after its on the market.

:hattip:look... no hair
:spy: down here too... i wanted the rug to match the drapes.

My "natural" blonde takes way too much time and effort to achieve. No way I am gonna mess it up.

But it does sound kinda cool....

I could not get the gifs to play before, but just did and COOL! I changed my mind-I would definitely try that!

Back