• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Heatheness

Que Sera, Sera
TOLEDO (13abc Action News) - Shocking allegations against two Toledo men accused of keeping a teenager shacked in a Noble street basement at one point allegedly for a year.

According to a Toledo Police arrest affidavit filed Thursday, Esten and Timothy Ciboro are accused of kidnapping and endangering children. Police tell 13abc Timothy is the victim's step father. Toledo police say the victim's mother left some time ago and they haven't seen her since.

...the two kept a 13-year-old female shackled by the ankle to a support beam in the basement of a home in the 800 block of Noble Street. Police also say in their affidavit that the child had to sit on a plastic bucket or a concrete floor.

According to Toledo police, the 13-year-old found a key to the shackles, freed herself and ran. Authorities say the girl found a Port Authority employee at a building on Water Street. The employee called the step father, but tells police the man hung up. So, the employee called Toledo Police.

Officers went to the home. A TPD spokesperson tells 13abc they stopped the step father, his son and two other children from leaving.

Investigators say in the affidavit that the Noble Street house was checked and evidence corroborating the victim’s story was obtained. According to police, authorities got a search warrant and found a set of large handcuffs or leg irons matching the description of what the victim told police.

Both Ciboros were due in a Toledo courtroom Thursday morning.

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines...ping-teen-shackled-in-basement-380110291.html

Fucking Ohio.
Cleveland is cranking out serial killers and Toledo has kidnappers/rapists.

Ohio has some of the most disgusting cities in America. Toleda def is among the worst, fucking nasty ass place.

I have never been to Ohio. Guess I'll keep it that way.

And, WTF is up with the Port Authority dude calling the step father first?! I see no logic, there.

Fair warning that he was going to jail, so run, buddy, run? IDK makes no sense to me.

if she just escaped why did they phone the step dad surly phoning the police would have been the thing to do

That poor girl.
Fuck that Port Authority tugnut for calling the step-perve first.
This story could have had a far different ending.

Ohio needs to be burned to the ground and the earth salted.
Then maybe in 500 years we consider using it as a giant garbage dump.

Why the hell did her mother just leave her there?!? :shrug:

@Buffettgirl , I'm going to extrapolate her character from her taste in men. She married a guy who chained her daughter to a beam. I'm guessing she was probably worse.... or as @McDanel said, "mom is buried in the back yard". Either way it's :pout:

The Port Authority worker should be reprimanded for either poor judgment or, I dare to hope, not following protocol.

Man oh man.
Can you imagine this: the girl has been chained in the basement sitting on a plastic bucket for a year. She finally escapes, makes it to a person wearing a uniform, logic says they will help her and then he calls the captor.

Nightmare!

What is it with fucking sex slaves in Ohio? I passed through Cleveland once and I wasn't impressed. Now that Kasich is not running for president anymore maybe he should use his spare time to travel the state freeing girls from basements.

They like to hold 'em hostage in Ohio, eh?
[doublepost=1463752676,1463752631][/doublepost]
I have never been to Ohio. Guess I'll keep it that way.

And, WTF is up with the Port Authority dude calling the step father first?! I see no logic, there.

If you like roller coasters then you absolutely NEED to go to Ohio since that's where Cedar Point is.

Maybe Florida's problem is that most the people there came from Ohio. :woot:

Present company excepted, of course.

The super handsome duo...

ohio20n_2_web.jpg

I'm still waiting for the day when one of these abusers turns out to be appealing in the looks department. It will probably be the same day hell freezes over. (Unless it's a 20-30 something teacher sleeping with her much younger student... they're always disproportionately attractive. o_O) Ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside, seems to be strangely common 'round here.

Shit like what the guy she ran to for help did is how my stepdad is still walking around. Neighbors let him know a detective came by so he deleted/destroyed EVERYTHING that could be used against him. Fucking dumbasses.

According to police, the teenager said she got in trouble for wetting the bed and that Timothy would put shackles on her ankles and made her sleep in the basement.

Police say the girl was allegedly fed scraps of spoiled food and was forced to use a bucket as a toilet.

Police said the girl managed to get a spare key and hide it until the men left. Once they did she unhooked herself, stuffed clothes and food in a backpack and left the home.

According to the police report, the teen told police her mother left around 2012 to go to Las Vegas.

Executive Director Robin Reese said the Ciboro family was under investigation two years ago.

"Our last contact was in 2014 and it was actually involving one of the children who was running in the park," she said. "She saw someone put a McDonald's bag in the trash and she reached in the trashcan and she pulled it out and ate the fries."

The investigation determined the children were not malnourished or mistreated the case was closed.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...s-held-captive-in-toledo-home-for-a-year.html

Dear Lord, there's nothing natural about eating fries out of the trash. Great investigation.

Ohio needs to be burned to the ground and the earth salted.
Then maybe in 500 years we consider using it as a giant garbage dump.

It's not all bad. It's got the best amusement parks in America. Cedar Point is world renown, but Kings Island down south is no slouch by any stretch either, somewhat underrated by comparison.

Just stay out of the cities.
[doublepost=1463826136,1463825948][/doublepost]
They like to hold 'em hostage in Ohio, eh?

To be fair, how else are you going to get a young girl to stay in a shitstain like Toledo or Cleveland?
[doublepost=1463826299][/doublepost]
Ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside, seems to be strangely common 'round here.

I keep posting this. Criminals almost always are disgustingly ugly people. Attractive people tend to be better human beings. I always get craps/dislikes/disagrees/wtf's for it too. People are fucking blind i guess.

Last edited:
Is Kings Island still open? There used to be advertisements everywhere for it but I haven't seen any in a long time.

I only went once but it was a lot of fun.

/www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/01/23/father-son-duo-accused-of-rape-wants-only-law-book-that-truly-matters-at-trial-the-bible/?utm_term=.f6341fb57e7b

A father and son accused of raping a teenage girl over a three-year period and keeping her shackled in a basement have made it clear that they don’t have faith in the law or in the people who practice it.

When they face an Ohio jury as they defend themselves against criminal charges that carry long prison sentences, they will rely on one book: The Bible.

Timothy Ciboro and his son, Esten Ciboro, both of Toledo, are each charged with multiple counts of rape. The trial is scheduled to start this week, months after the girl, who is Timothy Ciboro’s stepdaughter, managed to unshackle herself and escape while her alleged abusers were gone, authorities said.

During a hearing Friday, the Ciboros made the unusual request of having access to the Bible, which they plan to cite as they defend themselves in front of a jury. The Bible, Esten Ciboro told a judge, is “the only law book that truly matters,” the Toledo Blade reported.

“There’s a great deal of strategy in Scripture and I use those strategies in everything I do,” Esten Ciboro told the judge, according to the Toledo Blade’s coverage of the hearing. “It’s a vital part of everything I do.”

Timothy Ciboro said he and his son intend to “use God’s holy word to ask questions, questions that we believe are absolutely vital to our case,” the paper reported.

Lucas County Common Pleas Judge Linda Jennings has decided to allow the two to bring their Bible during the trial, but she told them that they can’t use the book to question witnesses.

“It’s the court’s opinion that while the Bible is very important, it is not a law book in a court of law,” Jennings said, according to the Toledo Blade.

The Ciboros are accused of sexually assaulting the girl over a period of three years, from 2012 to 2015. They are each charged with three counts of rape, endangering children and kidnapping. Timothy Ciboro, who faces two additional rape counts, is also accused of sexually assaulting the girl’s younger sibling during the same time period, the Toledo Blade reported.

The two men were arrested in May after the then-13-year-old girl escaped from the basement, where she allegedly was held for more than a year, authorities said. She was spotted about a mile and a half away, carrying a backpack and two bags, NBC affiliate WNWO reported.

She told police that she was fed spoiled leftovers and was forced to urinate in a bucket with ammonia.

The Ciboros were charged with kidnapping and endangering children shortly thereafter. They were indicted on rape charges in September.

The child’s mother, Stafonda Hawkins, also was arrested on an unrelated parole violation, WTOL reported. The girl told police that her mother had left and that she had not seen her since 2012.

The father and son have been adamant about representing themselves despite repeated pleas from attorneys that having a lawyer is in their best interest.

During a hearing in November, Esten Ciboro said he would rather rely on his faith than on a lawyer.

“Professionals built the Titanic. Amateurs built the ark,” he told Jennings, the judge, according to the Toledo Blade.

Earlier, Jennings told Timothy Ciboro that he could not represent himself because of his strange behavior in court.

For example, during an October hearing at which he pleaded not guilty to rape charges, he said he was charged with “offenses against [his] children,” WTOL reported.

“What are the offenses that you’re charged with against your children?” Jennings asked.

“Bad — things I don’t want to talk about, your honor,” Timothy Ciboro responded, according to WTOL.

Ultimately, though, the judge allowed both defendants to represent themselves, with appointed defense attorneys on standby.

It’s unclear how Timothy and Esten Ciboro plan to use the Bible to aid their defense, or what part of it they plan to cite.

Pretty sure they claim to be fundamentalists.

I hope they don't get off by being declared insane. I don't think there is anywhere in the bible that says it's okay to rape their step daughter/step sister. I would be interested to hear what they have to say and if the court would allow it.

Disgusting.

I'm not Bi or whatever they call it but If i was in jail id clean up the one on the left and use parts of him to masturbate.

we've been discussing this case and others and glad to look it up and see someone made a thread way back when so here is the latest: judge has same kinda ideas as me in the lightest sense below
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/timothy...y-of-shackling-raping-girl-who-escaped-house/
TOLEDO, Ohio -- Jurors convicted a father and his adult son Friday of raping and shackling a teenage relative who escaped their basement by hiding a spare key and using it to unlock her handcuffs.

Timothy Ciboro and his son, Esten Ciboro, 28, were found guilty on charges of rape, kidnapping and child endangering.

1atoledo45.jpg

Anna, a comfort dog, sat in a Toledo court Jan. 24, 2017 alongside a girl testifying in the trial of her alleged abusers. She was very glad they were shackled and not allowed anywhere near her. She also would have bit them if she could have
Both men had denied abusing the fourteen-year-old girl, Timothy Ciboro’s stepdaughter, and a 9-year-old girl in their care who also testified that she had been sexually abused by the father and son.

Both girls took the stand as a comfort dog stood by after prosecutors argued it would be traumatic for them to face questioning by their alleged abusers, who were acting as their own attorneys.

Esten Ciboro told jurors during his closing argument Friday that they needed to do the right thing and “reunite this family and end their suffering.”

Timothy Ciboro was sentenced to five life sentences plus 41 years with no eligibility for parole, reports CBS affiliate WTOL. Esten Ciboro was sentenced to three life sentences plus 38 years in prison with eligibility for parole.

Before reading the sentences, Judge Linda Jennings called the Ciboros “depraved” and “evil” and their actions “disgusting, perverted and reprehensible.”

The older girl testified earlier this week that she was forced to stay in the basement for varying lengths of time as punishment or when the men left the house and that she was allowed out to shower or use the restroom.

Officers found leg irons in the basement along with a bucket the girl said she used as a toilet, according to a police report. Prosecutors said the girl suffered both physical and mental abuse before she used the spare key to escape last summer when she was 13 years old.

The girl, whose mother was living in Las Vegas at the time, said she was left to live in the house with the men at age 7 when her mother moved away.

home.png

The Toledo, Ohio home where a teen girl claims she was shackled in the basement by her stepfather and stepbrother.

WTOL
She said she was treated more harshly than the younger girl and a boy who lived in the house, and that her punishment for wetting the bed worsened from being spanked, to being locked in a bathroom to being chained in the basement.

Police arrested the men last May after the older girl escaped and was found outside a downtown office building more than a mile away.

The two men questioned the older girl after she described the abuse and being shackled by the ankle to a support beam in the darkened room.

At one point during her testimony on Tuesday, she told Timothy Ciboro to stop referring to himself as her dad.

“You didn’t treat me like a dad,” she said to Ciboro, who is not her biological father.

“You think I like punishing you?” Ciboro responded.

“I would say the sexual touching you enjoyed,” answered the girl.

Esten Ciboro told jurors during his closing argument Friday that they needed to do the right thing and “reunite this family and end their suffering.”

That piece of shit bastard had some motherfucking nerve, to say that with a straight face.

I am so glad that these sons of bitches will never ever draw another free breath.

*I said I was going to stop cussing. Well, maybe tomorrow.

Back