• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Becca

Hot Mess
Long Island, NY - The family of a 15-year-old New York boy thought they were helping him to live on by donating his organs.

Instead, the organs spread a rare, undiagnosed cancer to the four transplant recipients, according to a report from WCBSTV.com.

Alex Koehne of Sag Harbor, Long Island, died a year ago of lymphoma, but his parents were told he died from bacterial meningitis. Since then, two of the organ recipients have died and two others are battling the same disease, according to the report.

Jim and Lisa Koehne asked for an autopsy following their son's death, according to the report. A month later they found out Alex actually had died of a rare lymphoma; the organs, however, already had been donated.

The doctor "said, 'Jim I don't want to upset you, but we've heard something from the recipients that two of them had died from cancer,'" Jim Koehne told WCBSTV.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344232,00.html

How freaking sad is this?? Here you think you've done something good by donating your child's organs and instead you've helped kill people. I would be mortified.

i cant even imagine. thats like accidentally killing a family member or bestie and having to explain what happened to everyone else kinda screwed up. cadaver bone is used medically..i wonder if this kinda thing happens from bone transplants too.

Back