• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
Some are calling for the trainer to be jailed, others are boycotting the movie. Of course, the handler has said the dog is fine, but man I think the video is pretty brutal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...arks-peta-led-boycott/?utm_term=.9878063742ca

The trailer for “A Dog’s Purpose,” the new children’s dramedy from Swedish director Lasse Hallstrom (“Chocolat,” “The Cider House Rules”), promises an adorable romp when the movie is released on Jan. 27.

The short clip follows a golden retriever who is reincarnated time and time again — as a German Shepherd, a corgi and even a St. Bernard — serving a new owner each time, until he eventually reunites with his original owner.

“Was there a point to this journey of mine? And how did bacon fit in?” the dog asks in the trailer, eventually concluding, “If I can get you licking and loving, I have my purpose.”

But another video — this one less family friendly — published by TMZ on Wednesday incited some to promise a boycott of the movie and has prompted an investigation into its filming.

In the approximately one-minute clip from November 2015, a German Shepherd named Hercules stands between its handler and a large pool of churning water in preparation to shoot a scene.

But Hercules appears frightened, leaning away from the turbulent white water and struggling to escape his handler’s grasp.

“Just gotta throw him in,” says one off-screen voice, while the handler attempts to shove him in, managing to dip Hercules’s feet in the water before the dog jumps defiantly back onto the ledge.

“I don’t think he wants to go in,” says the voice, now chuckling. “He wants to get away. Just throw him in.”

Eventually, the dog is shoved into the water but even then won’t comply, still desperately struggling to get out of the water.

“Just gotta throw him in,” says one off-screen voice, while the handler attempts to shove him in, managing to dip Hercules’s feet in the water before the dog jumps defiantly back onto the ledge.

Hark ... a German Shepard that can't swim.
One of our dogs loves to swim ... even in winter, in churning water or otherwise,
He doesn't care ... He just loves it.
The other one I've only seen swim twice ... both times I picked her up and chucked her in.
Her instincts kicked in ... she saved herself.

I was shocked when I saw that video. The asshole trainer trying to be all laughy like oh you silly dog! The poor dog was obviously terrified. Anything for a buck. Made me sick.

Me too @FrayedKnot ! I cried like a loon when I saw the preview, my dog in my avi recently passed away and it made me think of her. Now I'm like fuck that shit.

Last edited:
All movies, documentaries, etc. are probably that way but I'm sure anything coming out of the movie industry is highly sus as they do not have a good track record for this sort of thing. Knowing that scenes are highly contrived and tweaked can overshadow any enjoyment. I find myself thinking about how they managed to get that scene or whatever instead of the point they're trying to get across. I also know my emotions are being manipulated and I tend to resist, because I am aware that this is how TPTB get people to do and/or agree to things they wouldn't ordinarily. It sucks having to always be on the watch for hidden agendas.

All Dogs Go To Heaven was terribly overrated. And probably a lie. I knew this one dog that was evil as fuck. I had to take him to Mt. Mordor to cast him into the fiery depths from whence he came. Or something rather. Anyway, long story short, he's dead now.

Not me man. Fuck that, I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a fork. I hate when dogs die in movies, I do not need to see it happen over and over again!

I'm not the only one? Thank God. I know it's COMPLETELY irrational, but I can't watch a movie if I know a pet dies in it. I get more upset if a pet dies in a movie than if a person does lol.

This is going to prove once and for all that I'm a complete weirdo, but there is a website called "Does the Dog Die?" and you can check to see if any pets die in a movie so you can avoid it. You can also post if you see a movie in which an animal dies.

And yes, I realize in the grand scheme of things this wasn't brutal animal abuse, but it was a form of abuse. The dog didn't understand why he was being tossed into rushing water against his will. The poor dog was cowering against the person he was looking to for protection, then the person he trusted tossed him into the water.
Fuck all of y'all who are making fun of me right now! :fish:We're all allowed our one Achilles heel, right? I'm quite sane otherwise. Maybe.
[doublepost=1485233465,1484986602][/doublepost]

Damn it! I hate when my posts are merged. This is a new post:
Birds and Animals Unlimited claim the tape was 'maliciously' edited and that the only reason he was resisting the water was because he hadn't practiced jumping in from that spot on the water's edge.

The supplier said Hercules was chosen for the role "for his love of water."

They refused to comment on claims the scene should have been stopped when Hercules first showed resistance, saying only that he was not left harmed by filming the scene.

'Last week a falsely edited video was released to the media. It portrayed a dog being forced into a pool against its will... no such thing ever occurred,' representatives told DailyMail.com on Monday.

Should I believe you or my lying eyes?

2wg5bit.jpg

2dqk7ls.jpg

5ofegx.jpg

28i1947.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rpose-supplier-says-video-falsely-edited.html
[doublepost=1485772085][/doublepost]

Fuck me dead. I must have the longest, most merged comment on DD. It takes up half the page. :hilarious: Do I qualify for some type of loser trophy? I kinda want one...

This is my newest, new, new comment.

'A Dog's Purpose' opens to $18.4 million amid controversy

A Dog's Purpose has underperformed slightly at the box office as it opened in theaters amid controversy over animal treatment on set and calls for a boycott.

Based on early projections, the family film was expected to open in the mid $20-million range, but studio estimates Sunday indicated it took in $18.4 million for a second-place start.

I'm glad it wasn't cancelled. I think the trainers AND the people who are supposed to be overseeing the trainers have all learned something from this (hide from TMZ), and will hopefully treat their dependent charges better in the future.

They still tried to spin bullshit which pissed me off, but if it makes things a little better for future puppeh actors, then it's good.

Remember, TMZ is always watching!! :snaphappy:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/01/29/dogs-purpose-box-office-controversy/97215394/

Last edited:
When I brought my dog to the ocean last year I made him get in with me, it took a minute but he loved it. Dog's need love and the feeling of security too, I'm sure these puppies aren't getting that when they have handlers instead of families.

When I brought my dog to the ocean last year I made him get in with me, it took a minute but he loved it. Dog's need love and the feeling of security too, I'm sure these puppies aren't getting that when they have handlers instead of families.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they live in kennels most of the time. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Der, I see that they changed their minds on releasing it. Thanks for the update 10 days later.

Well if you scroll up ---- Snoods, Today at 5:28 AM. But okay ... you're welcome!
I wonder if the dog wasn't scared of the water so much, but of the set ?
Most dogs love to swim ... and the ones that don't ... they make life jackets for that.
I'm thinking that most dogs in movies have perfected their ordinary dog skills ... swimming
included otherwise they would be perpetually job less.

Back