• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
2yuwt4g.jpg

DENVER – The Colorado Medical Board has suspended the license of a doctor accused of performing an inappropriate examination on a teen.

The board said Dr. Michael J. Brazelton “performed an unnecessary and ungloved physical examination” of a teenage patient’s genital and anal areas when the patient presented symptoms of a cold. Prior disciplinary history also was considered, the public document stated.

Brazelton’s license to practice medicine in Colorado was stripped effective Dec. 20. That order will remain in effect until proceedings for suspension or revocation are resolved.

A criminal investigation began in May, according to Mark Techmeyer, spokesman for the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

The victim's mother contacted the sheriff's office, according to Techmeyer. The victim took part in a forensic investigation. The victim's mother, Brazelton and other witnesses were also interviewed.

According to Techmeyer, the case is listed as "open/investigation" because investigators did not feel they had enough proof to recommend charges to the district attorney's office. Techmeyer said if other patients believe they are victims, they should contact authorities.

Techmeyer said the suspension of Brazelton's license does not create a new development in the case.

Brazelton is the first doctor listed under "Meet The Doctors" on the Healthy Habits Pediatrics website, which is located in unincorporated Jefferson County, west of Columbine High School.

His biography states:

"What sets Dr. Mike apart from other Pediatricians is his easy going demeanor, combination of evidence based medicine and healthy lifestyle promotion all blended with an open minded/complementary approach. He is passionate about bringing the message that good nutrition is the basis for good health and is a sought after speaker in the community regarding nutritional awareness for kids."

His biography also states that he completed his residency at the University of Colorado at Denver. It also says he was an "Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Children’s Hospital Colorado/The University of Colorado, where he was selected 'Outstanding Clinical Teacher.'"

It also states that he has worked at homeless shelters in Denver and has completed medical mission trips to Asia, Central and South America.

He had a biography on the website for Children's Hospital Colorado, but that link is no longer active. His hospital privileges have been suspended.

"Dr. Michael Brazelton is not employed by Children’s Hospital Colorado nor does he see patients at Children’s Colorado. Dr. Brazelton held clinical privileges at Children’s Colorado and those privileges are currently suspended," Children's Hospital Colorado said in a statement.

A biography on the CU School of Medicine website was also removed.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...f-improper-exam-of-teen-has-license-suspended

"What sets Dr. Mike apart from other Pediatricians is his easy going demeanor, combination of evidence based medicine and healthy lifestyle promotion all blended with an open minded/complementary approach. He is passionate about bringing the message that good nutrition is the basis for good health and is a sought after speaker in the community regarding nutritional awareness for kids."

He'll get to the bottom of all your medical issues!

Do doctors in America need a witness for exams on the opposite sex?

It's mandatory in BC. Despite the fact that my doctor has been wrist deep in my goop shoot multiple times and seen 3 of my 4 kids fall out of there, he has to call a nurse in for a breast exam or any other exam that involves me being partially naked or him touching goods.

I could understand if I was a minor or unconscious, but for the most part it's a waste of my time (having to wait for a nurse to finish lord knows what) and a waste of their time.

It's like being in a 3 ring circus. If you look to ring three you will see a wild Sudo. While normally frisky and full of life, she cowers trying desperately to cover herself with the awkwardly folded blanket we placed on her earlier. Watch her cringe as I place my ice cold hands onto her sweater puppies! See how fast the goosebumps form? Honk honk!

It's mandatory in BC. Despite the fact that my doctor has been wrist deep in my goop shoot multiple times and seen 3 of my 4 kids fall out of there, he has to call a nurse in for a breast exam or any other exam that involves me being partially naked or him touching goods.

I could understand if I was a minor or unconscious, but for the most part it's a waste of my time (having to wait for a nurse to finish lord knows what) and a waste of their time.

It's like being in a 3 ring circus. If you look to ring three you will see a wild Sudo. While normally frisky and full of life, she cowers trying desperately to cover herself with the awkwardly folded blanket we placed on her earlier. Watch her cringe as I place my ice cold hands onto her sweater puppies! See how fast the goosebumps form? Honk honk!

I don't know that is mandatory, but it's available on request.

All my doctors even same sex exams they are using witnesses for the half naked or naked stuff

It's crazy when you think how much trust we put in our doctors, there's alot of potential for abuse. At age 19, when I should've known better, I went to the local clinic for a pregnancy test. The doctor insisted on examining my breasts & nipples for signs of pregnancy, I shit you not! It did not occur to me until later that something was not right :bored:
It was a real eye opener, & a reminder that they are just people.

It's crazy when you think how much trust we put in our doctors, there's alot of potential for abuse. At age 19, when I should've known better, I went to the local clinic for a pregnancy test. The doctor insisted on examining my breasts & nipples for signs of pregnancy, I shit you not! It did not occur to me until later that something was not right :bored:
It was a real eye opener, & a reminder that they are just people.
I have had a doctor do that- but that was a long time ago - didn't do anything but normal breast exam - no hanky panky

I have had a doctor do that- but that was a long time ago - didn't do anything but normal breast exam - no hanky panky

I think that unless I had a complaint about my breasts or he was an OBGYN performing a well woman exam, there was no reason to examine my breasts. Despite his exam, I still had to pee in a cup. He was family med & now that I've worked in a family practice I know for sure its not normal procedure for a pregnancy test :meh:
His actual "exam" was not overtly sexual. It was just very intent, like he was waiting for them to speak to him or something, & I remember it just didn't sit well with me.

I think that unless I had a complaint about my breasts or he was an OBGYN performing a well woman exam, there was no reason to examine my breasts. Despite his exam, I still had to pee in a cup. He was family med & now that I've worked in a family practice I know for sure its not normal procedure for a pregnancy test :meh:
His actual "exam" was not overtly sexual. It was just very intent, like he was waiting for them to speak to him or something, & I remember it just didn't sit well with me.
Breast cancer runs in my family and it's aggressive the hormone changes can cause significant changes to your breast and depending on your physician he probably checked elements of your urine for any diabetic changes. I am an ICU nurse, lol. I know a tad about medical procedure. His practice - if you were uncomfortable you have the right to complain or get a new doctor.

Breast cancer runs in my family and it's aggressive the hormone changes can cause significant changes to your breast and depending on your physician he probably checked elements of your urine for any diabetic changes. I am an ICU nurse, lol. I know a tad about medical procedure. His practice - if you were uncomfortable you have the right to complain or get a new doctor.

Well then, that's a whole different story, which strays from the particulars of my experience. Are you saying its normal procedure, solely to determine pregnancy, to :wideyed: stare are the patient's breasts? And tweak her nipples mildly, a few times?
;) I know a breast exam is a normal part of women's well care. It was NOT appropriate in my situation.
Btw, I never saw him again. It was a free clinic type deal.

Well then, that's a whole different story, which strays from the particulars of my experience. Are you saying its normal procedure, solely to determine pregnancy, to :wideyed: stare are the patient's breasts? And tweak her nipples mildly, a few times?
;) I know a breast exam is a normal part of women's well care. It was NOT appropriate in my situation.
Btw, I never saw him again. It was a free clinic type deal.
You were at s free clinic. There are legitimate reasons for checking your breast & doing an urine test - if you present you MAYBE pregnant. Whether your provider was skeevy or not - you ALSO described a free clinic on A TIGHT BUDGET. NEVER claimed you were NOT accosted - I just said it is normal for a seasoned doctor.

Prior disciplinary history also was considered, the public document stated.

This statement is rather concerning. What kind of history are we talking about here?

If it's anything like these allegations, how on earth was he able to keep his license in the first place?

"...and has completed medical mission trips to Asia, Central and South America."

Also known as pedo-tourism.

That must be humiliating for a teenager. When I was about 40, my primary care doc sent me to see a urologist because I had gotten a UTI, which is essentially unheard of for a healthy man. The only person who could see me within a few weeks was a female PA, who turned out to be a very attractive woman about 5 years younger than me.

Now its important to note that I'm essentially shameless, so wasn't too put off when she stood me up, bent me over the stretcher and plunged my prostate like she was giving it CPR. Only when she broke convention and didn't pull the curtain and give me a moment of privacy to wipe my own ass did I feel any humiliation. She stood there over me talking away, as she handed me some tissues and watched me wipe the goo from my ass with several passes, pausing to examine the tissue ensure she didn't drag any turdsicles from deep inside my nether regions. Oh, good times :shy:

I don't know that is mandatory, but it's available on request.

All my doctors even same sex exams they are using witnesses for the half naked or naked stuff

Could be for the doctor's protection as much as for yours, if they insist on it.

Is it customary to check prostate for UTIs?
A sensible precaution to check. A swollen prostate can impede the flow from the bladder. Buildup causes UTI , bladder infection, pissing blood. That happened to my father when he was 85 , not unusual in elderly men, but could happen at any age.

Last edited:
LITTLETON, Colo. -- A pediatrician, whose medical license was suspended for inappropriate touching, is facing fresh accusations. A complaint has been filed with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office by parents who said their sons were victimized by Dr. Michael Brazelton.

Brazelton's license was suspended in December of 2016 after Colorado’s medical board determined he unnecessarily touched a teenage patient's genitals without gloves.

Brazelton, also known as Dr. Mike, is still barred from practicing medicine in Colorado. He is at the center of two criminal investigations in Jefferson County, according to sheriff’s officials. He has been treating young patients in Colorado for more than 25 years-- most recently at Healthy Habits Pediatrics in Littleton.

FOX31’s coverage of Brazelton’s suspension in December inspired members of a Littleton family to end their silence. The parents asked FOX31 to conceal their identities for the protection of their three sons -- all former patients of Brazelton.

“Any type of visit, [Brazelton] would always say, ‘OK, now I’ve got to check you,’” said the boys’ mother. “He did it every time.”

The parents, who spoke to FOX31 on Thursday, said they were not the ones who issued the complaint that led to Brazelton's suspension. They said Brazelton routinely performed ungloved examinations on their boys, that included touching the boys’ genitals.

The family said one of the boys, who has ADHD, saw Brazelton every four months to monitor the boy’s medication. The boy said Brazelton insisted on doing a full physical each time.

“Why do you have to check someone every time they go for a follow up,” asked the father. “My oldest one broke his finger playing catch with me, and [Brazelton] wanted to do a physical with him.”

FOX31 stopped by Brazelton's Littleton home on Thursday afternoon seeking a response to this story. There was no answer.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said its original investigation of Brazelton has, so far, not turned up enough evidence to move forward with charges.

The state's medical board is still standing by its December 20th suspension, prompted by allegations of ungloved and unnecessary touching of a child who was only being seen for symptoms of a cold.

Brazelton has disciplinary history with the state. The history was considered by medical board members when they suspended is license in December, according to public records.

The parents told FOX31 Healthy Habits Pediatrics never notified them of Brazelton’s suspension. They also said when they asked about Brazelton’s absence, a receptionist at the clinic told them she could not discuss why the doctor was unavailable.
http://kdvr.com/2017/01/19/suspended-littleton-pediatrician-faces-new-accusations/

Doctors are fucked sometimes ... I found myself sitting in the office of a doctor I had previously delivered both girls and drugs to. He sat down across from me like we had never met before. I was light on my info so my therapist kind of detected that something was off ... I told her everything as soon as we left the room.
The police didn't show up ... But she did make a call and arranged for me to be seen by another physician ... She cited a conflict of interest.

"...and has completed medical mission trips to Asia, Central and South America."

Also known as pedo-tourism.
They also taste test to see if your milk has come in. Ohh your here for a broken finger? Well, we better check if you sprained your nips! Ok and now the other. Nope. Nips taste I mean are all good!

Back