• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/...an-accused-of-shoving-teen-runner-with-autism
[....]
The warrant is for charges of second degree harassment. MacDonald's bail has been set at $500 cash or $1,000 bond. It's unsure if he's expected to turn himself in at this time.

According to the police report, Chase Coleman, 15, was running in a cross country meet near the Cobbs Hill Reservoir earlier this month, when a man driving behind him stopped, got out of his car, and confronted Coleman.

Coleman's mother says this traumatized her son, who has autism and is non-verbal.

Coleman wanted to press charges, but a Rochester City Court Judge initially refused to grant an arrest warrant for the suspect, citing missing police paperwork.

Deputy Shephard said that he spoke with Martin MacDonald, and that he admitted to pushing Chase to the ground.

When MacDonald was asked why he did that, he said that he thought Chase was going to mug his wife and take her purse.
[....]

When MacDonald was asked why he did that, he said that he thought Chase was going to mug his wife and take her purse.

When Deputy Shephard asked why he thought that, MacDonald told him that some youths had broken into his car recently and that crossed his mind.
I doubt his wife was in the race so how exactly did he figure this kid was going to mug her? Was she in the car? At home? We will just leave out the fact that while competing in any race you have your bib and/or school attire on and he was more than likely running along side other kids.

A likelier story is that Mr. Macdonald is an xenophobe and saw a black kid running and decided he'd ruin his day.

"When MacDonald was asked why he did that, he said that he thought Chase was going to mug his wife and take her purse.

When Deputy Shephard asked why he thought that, MacDonald told him that some youths had broken into his car recently and that crossed his mind."

Maybe the boy was acting strangely in front of his wife and he over reacted. We weren't there. I feel sorry for them both right now.

He's a nonverbal autistic kid. Of course he is going to seem strange to someone not affected by said disability.
Not only that the kid was in a cross country track meet with other kids, why did this idiot only trail after and subsequently attack this boy? His explanation of being afraid becoz he has had his car broken into before and he was wary makes no sense becoz he was safe and sound in his two ton vehicle while this kid was essentially running away. And yet I'm supposed to believe he thought this kid was a reasonable enough threat to stop his vehicle confront this kid and then push him to the ground. For what?
Fuck this guy and anyone who agrees with what he did. People like him are why kids can't be kids without people immediately being suspicious. Give me a break.

Regardless of what he thought and/or feared, no one is allowed to assault someone who you just think is going to do something to you or others.

I don't care how afraid he said he was, he chased him down with a car and assaulted him, so obviously he wasn't too afraid. He's an idiot.

I hope the young man doesn't let this keep him down too long.

"When MacDonald was asked why he did that, he said that he thought Chase was going to mug his wife and take her purse.
When Deputy Shephard asked why he thought that, MacDonald told him that some youths had broken into his car recently and that crossed his mind."

This is asshole is a complete failure, both as a person, and as a liar.
This is the best reasoning he could muster out of his ass for getting out of the safety of his vehicle, and shoving a young autistic teen, who was properly attired as a contestant in a cross country meet/run and bothering absolutely no one at all?
No sympathy or benefit of doubt for him whatsoever here, AFAIC; what he did was assault, and it's a crime that's worse than the "youths" who broke into his car did - if that even actually occurred.
Now, will he man up and turn himself in, or will LE have to go and haul in his assaulting, lying ass?

I wondered if McDonald has a problem of his own. Schizo, PTSD, autism, paranoia? Meds? Such a stupid reaction does not automatically mean he is evil. Not excusing anything, just wondering WTF?
Because there isn't that much detail in the news.

I read this on another news site.

The boy was standing in the middle of the road obstructing traffic, he had gotten separated/fallen behind, was off the race course and confused. The boys mother usually ran the races with him but couldn't this time because she hurt her knee.

The man pushed the boy from the middle of the road down to the side of the road and drove off.

The mother said that the boy was probably waiting for an adult to help him because he is completely dependent on the assistance of adults.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/01/17/autistic-teen-sentencing/96662854/
[....]
The Pittsford man convicted of harassing an autistic teenage cross-country runner in Cobb's Hill Park in October was sentenced in Rochester City Court on Tuesday to three years of probation and 80 hours of community service.

Martin MacDonald, 57, had pleaded guilty to a charge of second-degree harassment, which is a violation, and a charge of endangering the welfare of a child, which is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail.

His sentence was in line with what the prosecution had requested and included an order barring him from contacting the teenager, Chase Coleman, or his family for five years. MacDonald's attorney, Gary Gianforti, asked that only community service be imposed.
[....]
MacDonald has never spoken publicly of the confrontation, but police reports indicated that he acknowledged shoving Coleman to the ground.

One police report — there were two — showed that MacDonald was unaware of Coleman's disability and expressed remorse for the altercation.

That report suggested Coleman approached MacDonald and a woman described as MacDonald's wife while they were at their car, and that MacDonald suspected Coleman was on drugs and mocking him because "he wasn't acting right."
[....]
During sentencing, Yacknin said a pre-sentence investigation found that MacDonald was a "loving" man with a clean record. But she sentenced him to probation, she explained, because, she said to MacDonald, "You could have walked away." She also pondered aloud whether MacDonald was acting on an "implicit bias," and questioned whether he would have shoved a white teenager who was displaying the behavior of Coleman.

"It's clear to me that this whole situation is a prime example of how people make assumptions about other people without knowing anything about them," Yacknin said
[....]
636137714268803267-Martin-Macdonald-dob-4-4-59.jpg

636202645917931107-IMG-4871.JPG

Back