• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man has been arrested following a suspected gas explosion at a house in north Manchester.

The blast reduced much of the end terrace property in Cecil Road, Blackley, to rubble on Monday afternoon.

Two men were taken to hospital. One is critically ill and the other is in a stable condition.

The latter, a 33-year-old man, is being held on suspicion of causing an explosion to endanger life.

A 29-year-old man is in intensive care after suffering burns and being "thrown a considerable distance" from the property, police said.

The arrested man suffered burns to his face, arms and hands and will be undergoing surgery.

The precise cause of the blast is not yet known but is being treated as gas-related, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue said.

Det Insp Dave Sinclair said: "We are keeping an open mind in terms of the exact cause of the explosion, but based on evidence we have gathered so far, I'm satisfied at this stage we have evidence there is some criminality there.

"This was a devastating incident which has left two people in hospital with serious injuries and destroyed part of a terraced street."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-38650207

If I were a surgeon and had to repair assholes injured during a crime, I would be sorely temptedd to do bad things additional to a perp.
Castration, colostomy installation, bowel resection, lung and kidney donor extraction.
Maybe I would close them up with crazy glue and office staples....just for wasting my time that couyld have been spent on saving a worthwhile life.

As for a gas explosion...every morning when I wake up.
Usually smells of chips.

Back