• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A teenager has been arrested after a teenage girl's body was found on a path.

The body was found on Monday morning near Lordens Hill in Dinnington, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Police said.

The 18-year-old from Dinnington, was arrested on Monday night on suspicion of murder.

The girl has been named locally as 16-year-old Leonne Weeks, also from the town. Friends and family have left tributes on her Facebook page.

At a news conference on Monday night, Temporary Supt Sarah Poolman had said police were treating the death as suspicious.

She said the force received a report of a missing person 20 minutes before the body was found.

Friends and family posted Facebook appeals for Leonne's whereabouts on Monday morning after she failed to return home.

By 18:00, comments hoping she would be found safe had changed to well wishes to the family after "heartbreaking news".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38648746

A woman has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender after the death of a 16-year-old girl.

The body of a girl, named locally as Leonne Weeks, was found in Dinnington, Rotherham, on Monday.

The woman, a 26-year-old from Dinnington, was arrested on Tuesday and remains in custody, South Yorkshire Police said.

An 18-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday night also remains in custody.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38664587

There were rumours she'd been planning to meet up with someone she'd "met" on-line, but I got those off facebook, so don't take it to the bank.
[doublepost=1484765868,1484745178][/doublepost]
A 16-year-old girl found on a path had been stabbed to death, police said.

A post-mortem examination took place on Wednesday and found she had suffered multiple stab wounds, South Yorkshire Police said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38664587

@Abroad

The heartbroken mother of a schoolgirl stabbed to death by a teenager who was obsessed with murder wept and asked 'why her?' as her killer was jailed today.

Leonne Weeks's body was found hidden under a sofa on a pathway in Dinnington, near Rotherham, South Yorkshire, in January last year. The 16-year-old had been stabbed 28 times in her head and upper body.

Shea Heeley admitted murder last month and was jailed for life today. He will serve a minimum term of 24 and a half years before he can apply for parole.

The court heard the 19-year-old, who hardly knew his victim, had developed a fascination with murders and fantasized about 'hitting people with hammers'.

Six months before the shocking murder, Heeley had dialled 999 from outside a pub whilst holding a machete. He told the operator he was going to kill the next person he met but was arrested by police and later assessed as being dangerous.

Heeley had known his victim for 18 months and they met again at a party two days before the killing in their home town.

The court heard how, after his arrest, he said he had always known that he would kill someone and later told staff in a secure mental hospital: 'I like that I have done it, I just do. I like killing.'

As he was led from court, someone in the packed public gallery shouted: 'Do us all a favour and hang yourself.'

Judge Paul Watson QC said Heeley had befriended Leonne about a year before, as they were both from Dinnington, and they had been at a party together two days before the killing, on January 15, 2017.

He deliberately targeted her to satisfy his interest in killing and invited her to the dark path.

The judge said: 'In short, this was a pre-planned, brutal and pitiless killing of an innocent young girl who had her whole life before her.'

Prosecutor Tim Roberts QC said Heeley had told a nurse in custody 'he had always known that he would kill someone from an early age'.

He said that he 'did not feel anything'.

Heeley said: 'I'll go to prison or hospital, but probably prison. If that's what it takes to stop me killing people, that's where I need to go.'

At Rampton top security hospital, he admitted killing Leonne.

Mr Roberts said: 'He said he could hear her screams. He grabbed her by the throat and stabbed her. He said he had deliberately selected that place to meet her as it was secluded and he intended to harm her. He said he heard voices telling him to kill her and he had demons inside him.'

The court heard that Heeley had not been diagnosed with a mental illness, but may have an emerging personality disorder.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5463197/Teenager-murdered-Leonne-Weeks-jailed-life.html
[doublepost=1520324061,1520324012][/doublepost]
49DC4F3000000578-0-image-a-25_1520246057158.jpg
49DC4F4700000578-0-image-m-23_1520246039575.jpg

That was a hard read.
:(

I'm thinking of my own daughter and her flittering off with some guy she meets at some party.
Scary. Because it could happen.

Back