• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini

Police say a Wisconsin man beheaded his mother with a four-foot blade before confessing to the killing but saying, "she's not my real mother."

Matthew Skalitzky, 40, had just finished breakfast with his parents late Friday morning when his roommate reported hearing screaming coming from his bedroom, according to a search warrant obtained by Madison Newspapers.

When he rushed up the stairs and to his room, he told Sun Prairie police he saw 68-year-old Jane Skalitzky's body lying separately from her head.

The mother and son had only just arrived after an overnight stay at his parents,' he said.

Jane, who offered to drive her son home, was described by Matthew's roommate as "being friendly and greeting him" while Matthew seemed "distant and unemotional."

Moments after they went upstairs, his roommate said he heard stomping noises followed by Jane screaming "no, no, no."

After making the grisly discovery, he said he led Matthew downstairs and to a couch, "like a child," and then went outside to call 911.
[…]
When he was asked if his mother was dead, he allegedly replied: "Yes, but she's not my real mother."

Matthew's father said his son recently stopped taking his medication after reading "negative comments" about the drugs online. He started back on the drug just two days before the attack.

His son was arrested without incident and taken to a mental health facility.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ds-mom-sword-breakfast-cops-article-1.2365098

Last edited:
I swear to gawd if Big Pharma doesn't come up with a line of MH drugs that don't have side effects so ungawdly shitty and miserable the people who need them the most just flat stop taking them, I'm gonna scream. I realize it doesn't seem to be the case with this story, and a significant number of those with one of the Schiz. diagnoses will periodically stop taking them out of paranoia, but I just had to spit that out.

I am SO sick and tired of all the gd heinous shit that happens when people go off their meds. Granted, you can't make anyone stay on them, and there are always going to be those who're the exception, not the rule, AND, you can't stop people from reading the worst case scenarios on the web, but come the f**k on. A LOT of this bullshit re: meds is TOTALLY preventable and you would think Big Pharma would be all over making them with fewer unpleasant (and downright brutal in certain cases) side effects and adverse reactions if only out of pure GREED. GAH! Get off your multi-billion dollar a year asses and DO something, BP. I'd like to finish with "before anyone else dies" but that's about as realistic as the demons coming out of the floor their best "customers" are seeing when they go off their meds. :rage::rage::rage:

Last edited:
I have to say, I dont care if its really my mother or not..making me breakfast is never going to result in me killing anyone. I might even like you more!

I'm not sure what's up with my city. Madison has a pretty good record of sword fatalities. Must be the snow or something.

04.04.09 A Sun Prairie man accused of killing his neighbor early Wednesday morning had concocted an elaborate plan that included buying the sword he has confessed to using in the attack, preparing a getaway and wearing clothing he could easily clean or throw out, and said he believed a man in the neighboring building was "stealing his energy."

http://host.madison.com/news/fatal-...cle_87377aa6-9841-5534-ad2c-492579ebb696.html

Skalitzky had stayed overnight with Jane and his father Joseph, sharing breakfast with them before his mother had agreed to drive him home, according to police. Upon arriving at his townhouse, which he shared with another man, Skalitzky is reported to have gone upstairs to his room with Jane before launching the vicious attack.

The roommate told police that when the pair arrived on Friday morning Jane had been in good spirits, "being friendly and greeting him". However, Skalitzky had seemed "distant and unemotional" before the pair went upstairs, according to Madison Newspapers.

After around 15 minutes of the pair being upstairs, the roommate heard a loud stamping noises coming through the floor. As he climbed the stairs, the roommate heard Jane screaming "no, no, no" before opening the door to Skalitzky's room and finding her headless body on the floor with wounds to her hands, according to PIX11 News.

The witness said that Skalitzky handed him the sword and he walked him downstairs to a couch "like a child" before going outside to call the police. When police arrived they found the bloody sword on the porch and Skalitzky coming down the stairs from his room. According toABC 27 News, when he was asked if his mother was dead, he allegedly replied: "Yes, but she's not my real mother."
[…]
According to the State Journal, Jane retired after a 30-year career as a special education teacher in the Sun Prairie School District. Skalitzky is being held in a secure mental health facility, police said. WKOW reported that police officers seized marijuana, a sword, a machete, a gun, a journal, and medication in searches of Matthew Skalitzky's home, car, and Jane and Joseph Skalitzky's home.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mentally-i...tes-his-mother-after-family-breakfast-1520353

ALLAHU AKKBARR!!!!@!!!!@!$@!#!@#!!! but no seriously, Imagine how fucking horrified he will be if he comes to the reality that he really did decap his own mother. Nobody who is mentally insane should have to live with that if they some how snap out. give him a labotomy, he will thank you. I'd rather be dead than face that reality. Nobody deserves to understand just how horrible the action is, if they really weren't thinking straight.

This poor woman killed so violently by her own son...his eyes are so checked out too...I can only hope that there can be better care in the future for the severely mentaly ill. I can't imagine the horror of it all for all the affected families it's so sad that they have to deal with this on their own so unfairRIP dear sweet momma you were an amazing woman God bless your soul

How horrific it must have been for the mom to see her son lose it and her final moments taken via pure horror. RIP

The family of a Sun Prairie man who killed his mother with a sword is calling for mental health treatment reforms to prevent similar violence.

Matthew Skalitzky, 41, killed his 68-year-old mother, Jane Margaret Skalitzky with a 4-foot long blade on Sept. 11, 2015 at his Providence Commons condo.

He was committed indefinitely to a state mental health facility by Judge Josann Reynolds during a Sept. 16 Dane County Circuit Court sentencing hearing after being found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

Joe Skalitzky, Matthew’s father, told Judge Reynolds that his wife was dedicated “to her very last breath” in finding help for their son. But he also said his family was let down by a system that puts a responsibility on mentally ill adults to “know what they need and follow through with treatment.”

Matthew Skalitzky was afraid his mother was going to find a sword and knives that he had in a wooden chest and because of that he had to “hack the clone,” according to the criminal complaint. During an earlier hearing, prosecutors described Matthew Skalitzky as having severe mental illness that caused him to see people as clones, and not human.

Joe Skalitzky told the court on Friday said they could not force Matthew to take his medication or get in-patient care. He also faulted the system where doctors do not have control over treatment follow through, law enforcement did not have control over voluntary commitment and medical assistants had limits on treatment options.

“The system is broken and our family is broken. We need to create a system that helps people with mental illness before a tragedy like this occurs,” Joe Skalitzky said.

Matthew Skalitzky was declared incompetent to stand trial in October 2015 and was receiving treatment at Winnebago Mental Health Institute near Oshkosh. In June, Matthew Skalitzky pleaded guilty to first-degree intentional homicide but was found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect after a state psychiatrist found he was mentally ill during the Sept. 15 attack. Details of his mental illness were not made public in court.

During the Sept. 15 sentencing hearing, Deputy District Attorney Corey Stephan and Assistant Public Defender Stanley Woodard agreed that Matthew Skalitzky is not ready for conditional release and needed to continue on prescribed psychotropic medication. Woodard also had no objection to Matthew Skalitzky involuntarily receiving medication if he refused it.

Luana Schneider, Matthew’s aunt, also spoke at the sentencing. She said her sister’s death has been extremely difficult and hoped that Matthew will continue to be confined to a mental health facility so he can’t hurt others. She spoke directly to her nephew in court, challenging him to be responsible to take his medication and try to help others with mental illness.

“Being in an institution does not eliminate you from accomplishing things. You are a bright person and even with your mental illness there are things that you can do, you can write a book on your illness and how it started and how you lived with it all these years. This may help others,” Schneider said.

Matthew Skalitzky can petition the court for a conditional release request every six months.

http://www.hngnews.com/sun_prairie_star/news/article_661e7b7c-7f3a-11e6-ae70-afe6c4b6291b.html

Our Mental Health system is a mess. The threshold for involuntary inpatient and outpatient commitment are high. I do understand the need for protecting the patients rights but many times this just leads to horrible outcomes for families and the patients themselves. Education is key here. It can lead to a better understanding of how these illnesses truly impact the lives of those who suffer from them and their families.

Severe mental disorders such as Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective and Bipolar Disorder often have the nasty symptom of lack of insight. This means that during the course of their illness they may actually be unaware of the very fact that they are sick. The medical term is Anosognosia. Besides side effects of medication this in one of the biggest factors in people with severe mental illnesses not taking their medication. This lack of insight might not always be constant given the natures of these illnesses or may be permanent. I have had psychotic manias where I was aware of the fact that I was manic and what my brain was telling me was not real and I have also had manias where I lost total awareness of my illness ( and touch with reality) and argued that I wasn't even Bipolar so I didn't need medicine. I also should have been hospitalized on more than one occasion because I was an absolute danger to myself. But I couldn't be because of my states laws on it and me not meeting the threshold.

The people who tend to argue that involuntary treatment should be kept at the standard of immediate danger to self or others usually(not always) do not have someone close to them suffering from these disorders. Even those who do, and often times it is Bipolar Disorder that they are familiar with while lacking full understanding of these illnesses.

How often have we heard a person remark that they or someone they know suffers from Bipolar Disorder and they haven't committed a crime, ran naked or experienced a psychotic break with reality? There are different forms of Bipolar, also many people self diagnose themselves, mistaking normal mood swings for the illness. If you were to ask these people what the Specifiers for their illness are you would get a confused look back.

By the way, I have Bipolar 1 Disorder with Psychotic features. I offer that up because it is quite possible that someone with Bipolar 2 Disorder read my mentioning of psychosis in mania and thought "I've never had a psychotic episode is she sure she has Bipolar and not Schizophrenia."

Ohhhhh, that's heartbreaking. He pled guilty to first degree intentional homicide. That means he's been receiving treatment and is to the point that he now understands the gravity of what he did while he was untreated. :(

Matthew Skalitzky can petition the court for a conditional release request every six months.

This part right here is most likely terrifying for the family. He should have been judged guilty but insane and never released because he will stop taking his medication once released and then he will commit another atrocity upon his loved ones

Back